PDA

View Full Version : Kenny's Talk To The Media

Lip Man 1
10-03-2010, 09:42 PM
http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/10/kenny_williams_pregame.html

Before today's game.

Talks about a lot of areas including "pissing" away games early in the year, Konerko, the budget and Bobby Jenks.

But it's interesting that some of his comments about Jenks that were reported in this story: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101003&content_id=15375774&notebook_id=15375776&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws
don't appear in the version listed at the top of the page. Kenny apparently has some issues with Jenks that he'd rather not get into right now but I'm almost positive that Jenks has made his last appearance in a Sox uniform.

Lip

DirtySox
10-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Hasn't Jenks being non-tendered been a foregone conclusion for some time now? Paying him what he's due in arbitration is a severe misappropriation of available funds.

I do wonder what exactly Kenny is disappointed about though.

Lip Man 1
10-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Conditioning? Attitude?? (remember both Kenny and Ozzie talked to Bobby about certain things in spring training and it appeared they were all on the same page...) Those are guesses on my part.

Lip

WhiteSox5187
10-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Kenny said he noticed more "life" to the team when Manny "came through the door." Where did that "life" go when we were getting swept by Minnesota?

TheOldRoman
10-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Kenny said he noticed more "life" to the team when Manny "came through the door." Where did that "life" go when we were getting swept by Minnesota?They looked great for the first 7 games. They won close games, they had exciting comebacks and clutch hitting. Then we heard peeps from the locker room how discouraging it was to win 7 and a row and not gain any ground, lost the final 3 at Detroit and you know the rest from there.

JB98
10-04-2010, 12:24 AM
I took my fair share of heat on this board this summer when I said the Sox needed a healthy, effective Jenks in the closer role in order to win the division. As it turned out, Jenks was neither healthy nor effective. And the Sox didn't win the division, so I'll stand by that statement.

The Sox have to non-tender Jenks now. His injuries have cost the team the last two years. It's time for a new plan for the ninth inning. When a closer gets hurt midseason, it tends to cause chaos in a bullpen. Even when you have other good options as the Sox had.

It's time to move on from Bobby for 2011. He had a great run with the Sox. I'm grateful to him, but I can't defend him anymore. A player who can't stay healthy is useless.