PDA

View Full Version : The Wright Stuff

pudge
06-28-2002, 03:25 PM
Is it time to send Dan Wright down, or give him a new role? I liked him as a starter coming out of spring training, but how many quality starts has he given us?

hold2dibber
06-28-2002, 03:44 PM
He's had 17 starts and given quality starts in 9 of them (a little more than half). He was okay in three other starts, but has gotten absolutely bombed 5 times (almost 1/3 of his starts). The problem, obviously, is inconsistency. When he's bad, good Lord he's bad. I don't know what they should do with him. It's not like they have a lot of other options. If they don't trade for another starter, I don't know what you do. He clearly could use more seasoning, but Rauch, Parque, Malone, et al. aren't ready. I don't know if Biddle has the arm strength yet. And Glover probably shouldn't be in the rotation either (to say nothing of Ritchie). KW -- GO GET A FREAKIN' PITCHER, PLEASE!

Jerry_Manuel
06-28-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
KW -- GO GET A FREAKIN' PITCHER, PLEASE!

I don't want him making any more deals right now. Any trade to get a pitcher would have to include either Crede or Malone, and I say no to that. I should say any trade for a good starting pitcher.

soxrme
06-28-2002, 03:50 PM
after he gets a pitcher, how about a catcher and a CREDE!!!!!!!!
Jose Hernandez is available at ss from Milwaukee. If they cannot get a catcher give j paul a chance. I guess he hit too well in MN to start today.

doublem23
06-28-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by soxrme
If they cannot get a catcher give j paul a chance. I guess he hit too well in MN to start today.

Nah, he just sucks.

dougs78
06-28-2002, 03:59 PM
I hope this game is the impetus for Ginter and Wright changing roles.

Jerry_Manuel
06-28-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by dougs78
I hope this game is the impetus for Ginter and Wright changing roles.

It won't be. Glover needs to be in the pen. Wright would be of no use to this team in the pen.