PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox Win in Rain Shortened Game 10/2

WhiteSox5187
10-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Woo!

MtGrnwdSoxFan
10-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Yay! We might tie the season series with Cleveland!

Rdy2PlayBall
10-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Whatever happened to that "Sox will whimper and die" thing? They're ending the season with a bang if you ask me. :cool:

Frater Perdurabo
10-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Whatever happened to that "Sox will whimper and die" thing? They're ending the season with a bang if you ask me. :cool:

Yeah, it's a "bang" just like the Battle of New Orleans, which took place after the Treaty of Ghent had formally ended the War of 1812.

Too little, too late, too bad we couldn't beat the Twins, Royals and Indians when it mattered.

WhiteSox5187
10-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Yeah, it's a "bang" just like the Battle of New Orleans, which took place after the Treaty of Ghent had formally ended the War of 1812.

Too little, too late, too bad we couldn't beat the Twins, Royals and Indians when it mattered.

Hmmm, that's...that's a bit of a reach in terms of analogy I think. I'd say these wins are like any Confederate victories after Appomattox.

Lip Man 1
10-02-2010, 10:43 PM
A win is a win. I'd like to see them close it out with a win tomorrow to potentially send PK and AJ off on a good note.

Lip

guillensdisciple
10-02-2010, 10:58 PM
LOL!!! Read my thread in the rookie clubhouse about Viciedo. According to everyone there he sucks and will fail.

Maybe he's a little better than most of you thought....

He's gonna mash

JermaineDye05
10-02-2010, 11:05 PM
I said it a couple weeks ago. This season was the definition of "close, but no cigar." I seriously wonder how different this season would have been if Jake hadn't have gotten injured. Better? Worse? About the same?

After tomorrow, there's nothing left to do except mope for about five months and then spring training is here. Here's to hoping that when it comes around the Twins aren't defending anything other than the Central Division title.

tebman
10-02-2010, 11:26 PM
A soggy finish to a soggy season. The Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=4065) is published, and it's still wet.

I'll be seeing them off tomorrow. Let's re-sign Paulie, get Peavy healthy and beat the Twins in 2011. Who's with me? :drunken:

JermaineDye05
10-02-2010, 11:35 PM
A soggy finish to a soggy season. The Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=4065) is published, and it's still wet.

I'll be seeing them off tomorrow. Let's re-sign Paulie, get Peavy healthy and beat the Twins in 2011. Who's with me? :drunken:

Let's have the first ever 173-0 season. Unless they changed the rules about the first round and I forgot about that, then it's 174-0.

:gulp::gulp::gulp:

Huisj
10-02-2010, 11:43 PM
I said it a couple weeks ago. This season was the definition of "close, but no cigar." I seriously wonder how different this season would have been if Jake hadn't have gotten injured. Better? Worse? About the same?

After tomorrow, there's nothing left to do except mope for about five months and then spring training is here. Here's to hoping that when it comes around the Twins aren't defending anything other than the Central Division title.

With the way Jackson has pitched just fine in his slot for the last two months, I kind of doubt Peavy being healthy would have made a difference. He was starting to pitch a little better the last month or so before he got hurt, but it wasn't like he was a lights-out ace. He wouldn't have been able to make up for the bullpen injuries that piled up at the same time and really were what killed this team. Instead of Peavy, it might better to ask what if about Thornton-Putz-Jenks getting hurt. Or it might be worth asking where the whole team was (including Peavy) in April...

Hitmen77
10-03-2010, 01:16 AM
It didn't rain a drop this evening out in the suburbs. I was surprised to see that the game was rain shortened.

That's 87 wins for the Sox. If they win tomorrow, they will have matched what the 2008 team did after 162 games.

Nice to see Viciedo ending the season on a high note. It'll be interesting to see where he fits in on next year's team.

A win is a win. I'd like to see them close it out with a win tomorrow to potentially send PK and AJ off on a good note.

Lip

Regardless of how we feel is the best way to build a successful team for 2011, that's just sad to hear. :(:

JermaineDye05
10-03-2010, 01:33 AM
With the way Jackson has pitched just fine in his slot for the last two months, I kind of doubt Peavy being healthy would have made a difference. He was starting to pitch a little better the last month or so before he got hurt, but it wasn't like he was a lights-out ace. He wouldn't have been able to make up for the bullpen injuries that piled up at the same time and really were what killed this team. Instead of Peavy, it might better to ask what if about Thornton-Putz-Jenks getting hurt. Or it might be worth asking where the whole team was (including Peavy) in April...

If Jake doesn't get hurt, then we potentially could have seen Dunn with the Sox for the last two months of the season. Or Kenny still goes through with that trade for Jackson and then we don't have to worry about Freddy in the second half of the season.

guillensdisciple
10-03-2010, 02:36 AM
If Jake doesn't get hurt, then we potentially could have seen Dunn with the Sox for the last two months of the season. Or Kenny still goes through with that trade for Jackson and then we don't have to worry about Freddy in the second half of the season.

And we keep Hudson, and NO I am not against this trade.

LITTLE NELL
10-03-2010, 07:59 AM

I'm on board, but I hope we have a LH power hitter in the lineup next year.

Streets
10-03-2010, 01:04 PM
It didn't rain a drop this evening out in the suburbs. I was surprised to see that the game was rain shortened.

It was misty rain for about 2-3 innings then it just kept coming down. IMO nothing so hard it was unplayable but for a meaningless game... then called in the tarps and we headed to the Bullpen Bar and continued to drink. Didn't even realize they called the game 'till I looked out and saw the field dark.

I think we all should have been rewarded for sitting through that terrible weather... good thing we had towels to wipe our seats down. Oh well... 'til April.

Dibbs
10-03-2010, 01:22 PM
I hope we didn't ruin Viciedo's career by playing him yesterday. I would go with Kotsay in the final game. No sense taking chances with Dayan and actually letting him swing the bat.

Nellie_Fox
10-04-2010, 12:51 AM
I hope we didn't ruin Viciedo's career by playing him yesterday. I would go with Kotsay in the final game. No sense taking chances with Dayan and actually letting him swing the bat.Don't some of you get tired of trotting out the same sarcasm over and over and over and...

asindc
10-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Don't some of you get tired of trotting out the same sarcasm over and over and over and...

No, some do not, even when it is off topic.