View Full Version : Ridiculous.

MarkEdward
06-28-2002, 01:48 PM
This game is just sickening to watch.

Jjav829
06-28-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward

Agreed. Ridiculous is right. Pathetic...

Iwritecode
06-28-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward

Ya know what's even worse? I would have believed last year's team had a better chance at coming back in a game like this more than this year's team. As a matter of fact, I believe they did just that against Cleveland. It was a good old fashioned slugfest. The Sox started out losing big then came back to win. I think the Tribe ran out of pitchers and had to use their backup catcher for an inning too. This year they just seem to roll over and die in games like this. Is it really that bad of a thing to win more than 2 in a row?

FanOf14
06-28-2002, 01:58 PM
Great, I get to hear more crap from my cubbie-lovin' coworkers. I am so glad that I will be gone for the weekend and not have to watch this poor excuse for a major league baseball team.

RKMeibalane
06-28-2002, 02:00 PM
This is dissapointing. I don't understand how Wright can go out there and give eight runs just like that. Hmmm... maybe it's Ritchie in disguise.

To make matters worse, none of the Sox are working the count against Wood, which is excatly what they should be doing. They did that the last time he pitched against them, and they killed him. Granted, his control was awful that day, but if they go up there and swing at the first or second pitch, that will just make his job easier.

KempersRS
06-28-2002, 02:09 PM
To take a page out of Jerry's book...Why are you so surprised?

RKMeibalane
06-28-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

You're right. We should have known this was going to happen. The Sox aren't capable of putting together any long winning streaks or sustaining any momentum. It seems as though there are too many players on the team who just don't give a damn. Case and point: Jose Valentin. The next time I see him swing at the first pitch will be the last time I pay attention to any of his at-bats for as long as he wears a Sox uniform.

duke of dorwood
06-28-2002, 02:19 PM
Too comfortable and secure after a big SPLIT with the Twins. I have a friend there that left already because Cub fans are getting rowdy and there's fights on the horizon

Chisox353014
06-28-2002, 02:19 PM
I don't get it. That team can't hit it's way out of a f#$%ing paper bag, and they've already scored 30 runs on us in 3 + games!!
30 RUNS!!!!!
What's a word for way worse than pathetic??

RKMeibalane
06-28-2002, 02:21 PM
On days like this, there's only one thing left to do:

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
06-28-2002, 02:31 PM
Now I don't feel so bad about my huge workload and being forced to stay here, even though I had a ticket for today's game.

Trust me, I'd much rather crunch insurance numbers than watch THAT crap.

Jerry_Manuel
06-28-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

I'm surprised that Wright was bombed so bad. I went to make something to eat, and I comeback to see Patterson's bomb. I guess Royce made an error.

There in real danger of getting swept here. I highly doubt they'll be able to hit Prior.

Jerry_Manuel
06-28-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

I turned it off after Patterson's homer. Not worth my time.

KruseControl04
06-28-2002, 02:41 PM
Now I don't feel so bad about my huge workload and being forced to stay here, even though I had a ticket for today's game.

I'd rather jump off a bridge and break both my legs than have to sit at Comisky surrounded by drunk Flubs fans while they're creaming the Sox.

KruseControl04
06-28-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I'm surprised that Wright was bombed so bad. I went to make something to eat, and I comeback to see Patterson's bomb. I guess Royce made an error.

There in real danger of getting swept here. I highly doubt they'll be able to hit Prior.

Wright sucks in day games. He was 0-4 coming into this game with like a 7 ERA or something..... At least that's what DJ told me.

ma-gaga
06-28-2002, 02:52 PM
ok. It's now 8-4 and the game is only in the 6th inning. 4 runs isn't that bad. Greatest comeback ever . Where's that falling poo picture?

:poo
:fallingpoo
:skyisfalling bah...

hold2dibber
06-28-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I have a friend there that left already because Cub fans are getting rowdy and there's fights on the horizon

Ouch -- that guy is kicking himself right now!

ISUSoxfan
06-28-2002, 06:11 PM

I stayed in my room watching my TV during the Cub rally to avoid my Cub fan roommates. They were going crazy watching the big TV in the livingroom. They were beyond obnoxious after Patterson's homer. I knew 6 runs would not be enough to win today, but then the Cubs got 2 more, and it was looking bad, but no real Sox fan would ever turn the TV off, just hide. I came out of my room for a minute in the 3rd inning and got harassed. Then in the 6th when Fassero came trotting in from the bullpen, I ran upstairs to the livingroom to find the Cub fans fleeing. From that point on I had the big TV to myself, but I yelled loud enough for the entire house (and the neighbors) to hear me. I went nuts on Konerko's homer to give us the lead in the 6th. Then in the 8th, just as one of the Cub fans was coming back to check the score, Wunch struck McGriff out and I was even more obnoxious than they had been in the 2nd. This was the best game of the season so far, but we still got 2 more against the North Side Sissies. GO SOX!!!

Soxheads
06-28-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
ok. It's now 8-4 and the game is only in the 6th inning. 4 runs isn't that bad. Greatest comeback ever . Where's that falling poo picture?

:poo
:fallingpoo
:skyisfalling bah...
It's whoflungpoo

:whoflungpoo

Bucktown
06-28-2002, 09:22 PM
Oh yea of little faith!! Print off these words off and eath them!

voodoochile
06-28-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Ya know what's even worse? I would have believed last year's team had a better chance at coming back in a game like this more than this year's team. As a matter of fact, I believe they did just that against Cleveland. It was a good old fashioned slugfest. The Sox started out losing big then came back to win. I think the Tribe ran out of pitchers and had to use their backup catcher for an inning too. This year they just seem to roll over and die in games like this. Is it really that bad of a thing to win more than 2 in a row?

Don't remember that game, but the flubbies bullpen is shot for the rest of the series...

Originally posted by RKMeibalane
This is dissapointing. I don't understand how Wright can go out there and give eight runs just like that. Hmmm... maybe it's Ritchie in disguise.

To make matters worse, none of the Sox are working the count against Wood, which is excatly what they should be doing. They did that the last time he pitched against them, and they killed him. Granted, his control was awful that day, but if they go up there and swing at the first or second pitch, that will just make his job easier.

Wright lost it after Royce booted the DP ball that would have ended the second with no runs scoring. They gave him 7 earned runs because you never expect the DP when scoring, but that ball should have ended the inning. I booed him everytime he batted or made a play in the field after that - only the second Sox player I have ever booed at a game live...

See what happens when you use your gold glove to field with? Metal tends to go clank, leather works much better...

Yeah, that game really sucked...

I stayed at the park until the last moment, that means I got to see BOTH of Paul-EEEEE's two run shots. C-Pat who?

Originally posted by KruseControl04

I'd rather jump off a bridge and break both my legs than have to sit at Comisky surrounded by drunk Flubs fans while they're creaming the Sox.

Ouch, sounds painful, the game on the other hand was much more fun. Those drunk flubbie fans wandered out of the stadium in a daze, wondering where the game went, much like their season...

Great thread, guys, keep it up, You made me *****!!!

WOOOOHOOOO!!! SOX WIN! SOX WIN!!!

That was a blast...

Iwritecode
06-28-2002, 10:12 PM

Originally posted by Bucktown
Oh yea of little faith!! Print off these words off and eath them!

Uh... can someone pass the salt? This crow is a little dry...

:winner

Daver
06-28-2002, 10:15 PM

Uh... can someone pass the salt? This crow is a little dry...

:winner

Next time cook it in a smoker IWC. :redneck

voodoochile
06-28-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by daver

You know, salt, no salt, smoke, no smoke, I bet that was some mighty fine tasting crow...

Iwritecode
06-28-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by daver

Thanks Daver. I'll remember that next time. :D:

Originally posted by voodoochile
You know, salt, no salt, smoke, no smoke, I bet that was some mighty fine tasting crow...

Best I've ever had Voodoo. :smile:

chisoxfanatic
06-29-2002, 02:08 AM
UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE is all I have to say! I mean, who better to do this to than those northsiders who think they own Chicago! HA!

I was very down after the first three innings, and then I had to go to the doctor's office to get my knee checked, so I drove over grumpy! Two and a half innings later, I returned to the car to drive back home. When I heard that we had cut the Cubs lead in half, I was beginning to think the impossible was about to happen, so I pulled nearby in my old Bolingbrook high school parking lot to listen to that half of the inning--I didn't want to get into an accident, knowing how congested Boughton Rd. gets during rush hour. I went COMPLETELY INSANE when Konerko hit the home run that I jumped out of the car and ran in circles around it as if it was in the middle of a baseball diamond. A couple of kids on bikes looked at me as if I was crazy--High schoolers! Then I drove back with the BIGGEST smiles on my face. I watched the rest of the game in peace.

Heather the Redbird

Jerry_Manuel
06-29-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I stayed at the park until the last moment, that means I got to see BOTH of Paul-EEEEE's two run shots. C-Pat who?

I put it back on to see the comeback!

They sucked me in once again, I'll end up sitting through today's game now, which I don't think will be pretty.