PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Crickets... 10-1 Tribe 7, "We Suck Against ALC" Sox 3 Postgame Meh thread

Frater Perdurabo
10-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Meh

Lip Man 1
10-01-2010, 10:26 PM
I think this makes the Sox 30-40 against the division...very poor especially with two of the four clubs being garbage.

Lip

Frater Perdurabo
10-01-2010, 10:28 PM
I think this makes the Sox 30-40 against the division...very poor especially with two of the four clubs being garbage.

Lip

Turn that around and the Sox are in the lead for the division. What a wasted opportunity.

Brian26
10-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Look at the starting lineup. There's nothing to be upset about with this loss.

I happened to catch Melton on the postgame show advocating for Paulie to leadoff tomorrow and Sunday to try to get 40. Garfein mentioned that's what Tanner did for Melton. What the hell, I like the idea.

Meanwhile, Ozzie in his postgame press conference mentioned he wanted to play the kids to see what they can do. :rolleyes:

DirtySox
10-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Look at the starting lineup. There's nothing to be upset about with this loss.

I happened to catch Melton on the postgame show advocating for Paulie to leadoff tomorrow and Sunday to try to get 40. Garfein mentioned that's what Tanner did for Melton. What the hell, I like the idea.

Meanwhile, Ozzie in his postgame press conference mentioned he wanted to play the kids to see what they can do. :rolleyes:

Ozzie said he will be playing PK/AJ for the season's last game since they might not be back, etc.

Dibbs
10-01-2010, 11:01 PM
What is the purpose of still playing our star DH Mark Kotsay this late in the season? Why risk our future? What if he were to get injured?

Note to Ozzie: Enough with Mark Kotsay. It's over dude.

BringHomeDaBacon
10-01-2010, 11:04 PM
The White Sox should send a 2011 ticket voucher to anyone that paid to attend tonight's game.

Dick Allen
10-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Lillibridge with a fine game tonight. I wish he would just go away, but I'm sure he's earned two more starts in Ozzie's eyes.

LongLiveFisk
10-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Lillibridge with a fine game tonight. I wish he would just go away, but I'm sure he's earned two more starts in Ozzie's eyes.

He looked clueless up there tonight. Sort of reminded me of that sig someone here has of him with his finger in his ear. Actually with 4 strikeouts it should be changed to his head in his ass.

Huisj
10-01-2010, 11:34 PM
He looked clueless up there tonight. Sort of reminded me of that sig someone here has of him with his finger in his ear. Actually with 4 strikeouts it should be changed to his head in his ass.

He looks like he hasn't learned a thing in the last year and a half. I remember when he was sent back to AAA last year and Guillen and others sort of ripped into him for swinging like he was a power hitter instead of trying to be what he is or should be, a slappy speedy guy. Well, he still seems to think he's a power hitter. His little hot streak a few months back when Beckham was really struggling was real nice to see, but it seems like it may have made him swing like mad even more.

soltrain21
10-01-2010, 11:56 PM

In Lillibridge We Trust.

Nellie_Fox
10-02-2010, 12:27 AM
He looks like he hasn't learned a thing in the last year and a half. I remember when he was sent back to AAA last year and Guillen and others sort of ripped into him for swinging like he was a power hitter instead of trying to be what he is or should be, a slappy speedy guy. Well, he still seems to think he's a power hitter. His little hot streak a few months back when Beckham was really struggling was real nice to see, but it seems like it may have made him swing like mad even more.Exactly. A guy his size and build should not be holding the bat down at the knob and taking a big, looping swing. He should not be getting the golden sombrero. He should get a thicker handled bat and choke up on it, learn to be a place hitter.

kjhanson
10-02-2010, 01:09 AM
Turn that around and the Sox are in the lead for the division. What a wasted opportunity.

Go 35-35 but make two of those games against the Twins and we're tied for first place. Picking out two games against the Twins we should have won (one is easy) and three against the rest of the division (vs. K.C. times at least 3) seems fairly easy....wasted opportunity indeed.

soxinem1
10-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Exactly. A guy his size and build should not be holding the bat down at the knob and taking a big, looping swing. He should not be getting the golden sombrero. He should get a thicker handled bat and choke up on it, learn to be a place hitter.

Hitting a GS in a blowout game against a pitcher who might be working in a car wash next year will do that to you!!!!

Foulke You
10-02-2010, 01:26 AM
On the plus side, Morel continues to impress. Another solid defensive play in the field and a HR to boot.

Foulke You
10-02-2010, 01:28 AM
He looks like he hasn't learned a thing in the last year and a half. I remember when he was sent back to AAA last year and Guillen and others sort of ripped into him for swinging like he was a power hitter instead of trying to be what he is or should be, a slappy speedy guy. Well, he still seems to think he's a power hitter. His little hot streak a few months back when Beckham was really struggling was real nice to see, but it seems like it may have made him swing like mad even more.
Excellent post. Even during his hot streak, I had noticed that Brent was still swinging for power. The guy Lillibridge needs to watch and learn from is Juan Pierre. There is a guy who has made himself a nice career in the big leagues using his speed on the bases and the ability to put the bat on the ball.

doublem23
10-02-2010, 01:45 AM
Excellent post. Even during his hot streak, I had noticed that Brent was still swinging for power. The guy Lillibridge needs to watch and learn from is Juan Pierre. There is a guy who has made himself a nice career in the big leagues using his speed on the bases and the ability to put the bat on the ball.

Maybe I remember his hot streak differently, I thought he had a better approach at the plate, he wasn't swinging from his heels trying to pull everything, he was making solid contact and driving the ball back up the middle. I really thought he might have turned a corner, but yeah, the last few times I've watched him play, it looks like he's regressed.

Who knows? Maybe he's just ****ing around. It's not like any of this means anything, anyway.

BadBobbyJenks
10-02-2010, 03:25 AM

Yeah sucks he got lucky for a bit there and people seem to think he is good. He is terrible.

soxinem1
10-02-2010, 07:42 AM

Meet Ozzie's replacement for Mark Kotsay on the 2011 White Sox.

hawkjt
10-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Maybe I remember his hot streak differently, I thought he had a better approach at the plate, he wasn't swinging from his heels trying to pull everything, he was making solid contact and driving the ball back up the middle. I really thought he might have turned a corner, but yeah, the last few times I've watched him play, it looks like he's regressed.

Who knows? Maybe he's just ****ing around. It's not like any of this means anything, anyway.

This is how I remember his swing during his hot stretch. Everything up the middle,right center,left center. He has decent bat speed but cannot try to pull anything or he gets like last nite.

Morel was really flashing some nice leather again last nite. Kid is bigger than I thought at 6'2'',220lbs....same dimensions as Carlos. I think Morel needs to have a big spring training,and command that position....hoping.

DickAllen72
10-02-2010, 10:35 AM

I remember it the way you do.

tstrike2000
10-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Not a good game, but good to see some of the younger players. TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=4064)

Foulke You
10-02-2010, 03:31 PM

Brent has never had a contact swing or level swing plane. I agree that he was hitting it up the middle during his hot streak but his swing plane was still too uppercut for a guy of his size. He definitely had a shorter stroke but he was still swinging for the fences. This is the way I remember it anyway.

doublem23
10-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Brent has never had a contact swing or level swing plane. I agree that he was hitting it up the middle during his hot streak but his swing plane was still too uppercut for a guy of his size. He definitely had a shorter stroke but he was still swinging for the fences. This is the way I remember it anyway.

Well, Brent struck out 36 times this season in 101 PA, but 12 of them came in his last 16 PA over the past 5 games, so I'm willing to cut they guy some slack that he was maybe dicking around this last utterly, utterly meaningless week of baseball.

Nellie_Fox
10-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Well, Brent struck out 36 times this season in 101 PA, but 12 of them came in his last 16 PA over the past 5 games, so I'm willing to cut the guy some slack that he was maybe dicking around this last utterly, utterly meaningless week of baseball.If so, that's an awfully stupid thing for a guy who's an "end of the bench" guy to do when he gets a chance to show the boss what he can do. By no stretch of the imagination has he earned the right to "dick around."

doublem23
10-04-2010, 12:54 AM
If so, that's an awfully stupid thing for a guy who's an "end of the bench" guy to do when he gets a chance to show the boss what he can do. By no stretch of the imagination has he earned the right to "dick around."

:dunno:

Overall I'm all right with Lillibridge's presence on this team, and considering some of the work the Sox need to do on this roster, I don't think the 25th man on the team is a big concern. Sure, there's probably upgrades out there, but we've got major reconstruction to undertake before we start worrying about the little things. I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not going to rail on a guy for not giving a **** in a game that doesn't mean anything.