PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox Win, Danks Wins His 15th! 9/30 Postgame Thread

WhiteSox5187
09-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Congrats Johnny Danks! I'm already starting to miss baseball.

JermaineDye05
09-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Congrats to Danks on reaching 15 wins in a season for the first time in his career.

Domeshot17
09-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Best pitcher on the staff, not sure if its even close anymore. Lock him up.

russ99
Always nice to beat the Red Sox. It would be cool to finish above them, since according to the media, there's only 2 AL teams.

Tragg
6-1 against these buzzards this year.

Huisj
Well that was an awkward post game interview by Harrelson. Why ask him about that then? You know what he said before the game. Just focus on the game and the grand slam and finishing strong with another nice win. Sheesh.

When his Harrelson going to retire?

Domeshot17
09-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Always nice to beat the Red Sox. It would be cool to finish above them, since according to the media, there's only 2 AL teams.

Does it really matter if we are a better 2nd place non contending playoff team than they are? Especially since they lost about half their team to long term injuries. Give that Red Sox team a healthy season and the AL East would have one of the best 3 team finishes in baseball history.

ChiSoxGal85
09-30-2010, 10:38 PM
Sox win = goodness. A strong finish to an excellent season for Danks. And Paulie's grand slam...awesome. Lots of hitting off Lester tonight - that's not such an easy task.

I'm going to miss White Sox baseball. :whiner:

sox1970
09-30-2010, 10:39 PM
21 quality starts for Danks. He had a good season.

JB98
09-30-2010, 10:44 PM
21 quality starts for Danks. He had a good season.

He did. He was real solid. Still wondering whether he can turn the corner and become an true ace....or if he's just going to be a solid No. 2- or 3-type starter for the rest of his career.

GlassSox
09-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Solid win by the White Sox. I love it. DSNB! :bandance:

Hitmen77
09-30-2010, 11:56 PM
86 wins now in this roller coaster season. The team still has a shot at 89 wins, which would give them a better winning pct. than the 2008 division title team.

Konerko now has 357 HR with the White Sox. I hope that wasn't his last one with the team.

Nice to see Morel with another hit and "The Tank" muscling out a HR.

Strange 20 minute power outage delay. Any word on what caused the ballpark lights to go out?

KnightSox
10-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Strange 20 minute power outage delay. Any word on what caused the ballpark lights to go out?Old Comiskey got its revenge 20 years to the day, and put the Cell's lights out.

kingpin_rcs
10-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Old Comiskey got its revenge 20 years to the day, and put the Cell's lights out.

Oh wow! You're right! The last game at the old park was 20 years ago today. I was there and I still have the certificate and ticket stub framed on my wall. 20 years? Wow.

hawkjt
10-01-2010, 02:09 AM
Lester wanted #20 so bad....too bad for him. PK reached down into his chest and pulled out his ticker with that granny. I hoped PK would get #40 with that next drive...probably fall short now.

Loved how Johnny Danks reacted when Alexei made the error and then a hit followed in the 6th. Johnnie knew it was his last inning,so he just bulldogged up,and struck out the next three to end his season with a flourish...good taste in his mouth going into the offseason.

Dayan...oh my. Ball just kept going off of his bat.
Juan had a great nite. Wish that last one would have dropped in for a 4 for 4 nite,3 sb,3 runs, 1 rbi...way to keep plugging,Juanie.

Hitmen77
10-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Did anyone else see the short video about the Go Go Sox that they showed during the power outage delay? They had recent interviews with quite a few players from that era. Landis, Aparicio, Shaw, Pierce, and a few others. Pretty cool. It reminded me of those old baseball highlights they used to show during rain delays.

....of course, the downside of them showing this video is that it interrupted all the love that Hawk was heaping on the Twins during the delay when he and Stone were analyzing the AL playoff teams.:rolleyes:

October26
10-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Sox win = goodness. A strong finish to an excellent season for Danks. And Paulie's grand slam...awesome. Lots of hitting off Lester tonight - that's not such an easy task.

I'm going to miss White Sox baseball. :whiner:

YES. Absolutely, positively yes.

And I agree with you that I'm gonna miss White Sox baseball after this Sunday's game is over. What a rollercoaster season it has been! I will still visit WSI periodically to hear about what changes (hopefully improvements) the Sox are making during the upcoming off season. And I know it seems like a long time, but before you know it, it will be late February 2011 and we'll be talking about Sox pitchers and catchers reporting! :smile: Yay!

October26
10-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Did anyone else see the short video about the Go Go Sox that they showed during the power outage delay? They had recent interviews with quite a few players from that era. Landis, Aparicio, Shaw, Pierce, and a few others. Pretty cool. It reminded me of those old baseball highlights they used to show during rain delays.

Yes, I did see that video and really enjoyed the interviews of some of the players from that great 1959 team!

EnglishChiSox
10-01-2010, 01:41 PM
YES. Absolutely, positively yes.

And I agree with you that I'm gonna miss White Sox baseball after this Sunday's game is over. What a rollercoaster season it has been! I will still visit WSI periodically to hear about what changes (hopefully improvements) the Sox are making during the upcoming off season. And I know it seems like a long time, but before you know it, it will be late February 2011 and we'll be talking about Sox pitchers and catchers reporting! :smile: Yay!

Same here, every morning after the Sox have played this year the first thing i've done is look at the scores on my mobile phone.