PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call for final homestand

GoGoCrede
09-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Who's going? I'm sure many people will be there Sunday to say farewell to both the Sox and Nancy.

tebman
09-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Son-of-tebman and I will be there Sunday. It's Fan Appreciation Day, and we want to be appreciated! :redneck

Also, I want to say goodbye to Nancy if we can. There'll probably be a mob around her booth but I still want to try.

Chez
09-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Sunday with 4 college buddies.

jdm2662
09-30-2010, 02:57 PM
I will be there Sunday only because it is Nancy's last game. Half price tickets help too. RF seats for under $20? Not too shabby.

C-Dawg
09-30-2010, 02:58 PM
I'll be there; I almost always make it to Fan App.Day, sort of a bittersweet end to the summer.

kaufsox
09-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Sunday definitely, maybe Saturday if my baseball spouse decides to go.

salty99
09-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Sunday

hawkjt
09-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Friday nite with my son.
Septembers swan song today....yikes.
But, October baseball at Soxpark...what we wanted,right?

Anyone know who will take the bump tomorrow nite?
Tonite is Danks,last nite Freddy,Tuesday was Edwin and Monday was MB...so, I presume it will be MB on Saturday and Edwin on Sunday...but on Friday? Please not Harrell or Torres....Pena?

Chez
09-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Friday nite with my son.
Septembers swan song today....yikes.
But, October baseball at Soxpark...what we wanted,right?

Anyone know who will take the bump tomorrow nite?
Tonite is Danks,last nite Freddy,Tuesday was Edwin and Monday was MB...so, I presume it will be MB on Saturday and Edwin on Sunday...but on Friday? Please not Harrell or Torres....Pena?

I think it's Pena.

Law11
09-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Just grabbed 2 tickets 14th row behind the plate for Sunday for $15 a piece on Stub Hub
With the bears on at night its a win win.. Gotta squeeze one more game in..

ChiSoxGirl
09-30-2010, 03:55 PM
I'll be there on Sunday, hoping for my first Sox victory in person since July 11! :o:

GlassSox
09-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Sunday game for sure

WhiteSox5187
09-30-2010, 10:45 PM
I'll be there Saturday. It's always sad seeing the season end, but to think I might be saying goodbye to Paulie and AJ, two of my favorite all time players, make this home stand ESPECIALLY hard.

Bruizer
10-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Sunday!

ChiSoxGirl
10-01-2010, 08:37 AM
I'll be there Saturday. It's always sad seeing the season end, but to think I might be saying goodbye to Paulie and AJ, two of my favorite all time players, make this home stand ESPECIALLY hard.

Wow. I've been feeling the exact same way you are since watching last night's game. Knowing there are only three more games left is hard, but coming to terms with the possibility that Paulie and A.J. might not be around next year literally makes my heart break. I always get a little choked up when I'm at my last game of the season, but there's a distinct possibility I'll cry at the end of the game on Sunday. The possibility that Konerko might not be back is hitting me especially hard. It's so bad that I've decided to stay out of the thread that's discussing his comments before yesterday's game because all of the speculation and proclamations that he'll be wearing someone else's uniform next year is too hard for me. I know it's probably not a good thing, but I just get so attached to some players that my heart breaks when they leave. When Robin Ventura left via free agency, I cried; when Rowand was traded, I cried; when Thome was traded, I cried. Maybe it's because I'm a girl, I don't know, or maybe it's just part of who I am as a fan. :shrug:

LITTLE NELL
10-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Wow. I've been feeling the exact same way you are since watching last night's game. Knowing there are only three more games left is hard, but coming to terms with the possibility that Paulie and A.J. might not be around next year literally makes my heart break. I always get a little choked up when I'm at my last game of the season, but there's a distinct possibility I'll cry at the end of the game on Sunday. The possibility that Konerko might not be back is hitting me especially hard. It's so bad that I've decided to stay out of the thread that's discussing his comments before yesterday's game because all of the speculation and proclamations that he'll be wearing someone else's uniform next year is too hard for me. I know it's probably not a good thing, but I just get so attached to some players that my heart breaks when they leave. When Robin Ventura left via free agency, I cried; when Rowand was traded, I cried; when Thome was traded, I cried. Maybe it's because I'm a girl, I don't know, or maybe it's just part of who I am as a fan. :shrug:

There's no crying in baseball. Just kidding, I know how you feel. I can't tell you how many tears I have shed since I became a fan in the early 50's. First time was when the Sox traded Minnie Minoso after the 57 season.

palehosepub
10-01-2010, 10:00 AM
I always go to the opener and the final game, the final game is always bittersweet. I will miss Nancy. I think we will be seeing most, if not all of the remaining guys from 2005 for the last time in a Sox uniform.

I am going to Sundays final game in sec 123 and I hope all the fans give a long, loud, appreciative standing ovation at Paul's first at bat for all that he has given us.

Rdy2PlayBall
10-01-2010, 06:50 PM
I'll be there the final game of the season, just got my tickets! Row 1, $25... not a bad deal. :cool:

I'm sure I could have gotten row 20 section 550 fir $1 and made my way down to the same seats... but this way they're guaranteed. :tongue:

LongLiveFisk
10-01-2010, 10:52 PM
I will be there Sunday. Too bad the weather won't be a bit warmer.

Oh well, still looking forward to it. :smile:

konerko 14
10-02-2010, 09:06 AM
I'll be there Sunday

TornLabrum
10-02-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm there tomorrow. Gotta say so long to Nancy.

roylestillman
10-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Going tonight with my three brothers on what would have been our Dad's 91st birthday.

Oh, and sitting in the Club level, so we get some Smoque brisket.

LongLiveFisk
10-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Question for those of you attending tomorrow:

I know a lot of players sign autographs before the game and I want to get Buehrle's. I bought a nice "Perfect Game 7/23/09" banner and my nephew tells me he won't sign it because of some MLB rule. Is that true?