PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Pierre, Viciedo hook up for winning run, RBI, beat Red Sox 5-4

GoGoCrede
09-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Yaaay! So proud of him.

Frater Perdurabo
09-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Nice win.

sox1970
09-28-2010, 10:22 PM
An on-field interview after the game...that's just sad.

Frater Perdurabo
09-28-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't care if Viciedo walks because he takes four balls, as long as he walks off the opposition in the ninth inning!

GoGoCrede

I haven't seen a Sox game in quite a while. I agree. I can't put my finger on why it's so depressing, but it is. That place is a ghost town.

Rdy2PlayBall
GOD I WISH I WENT TO THIS GAME!!! :whiner: :whiner:

I wanted the bobblehead, and that last play would have been so fun to be there. Jeeze, no one is in the crowd.. I REALLY wish I went. I did nothing today. Would have been a great game. I feel like a lazy idiot.

WhiteSox5187
09-28-2010, 10:24 PM
That was a fun win.

GlassSox
09-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Nice walk off line drive by Dayan.

twinsuck
09-28-2010, 10:26 PM
I turned the game back on just as Tank got the winning hit!! haha, I didn't even know they tied it! :bandance:

ChiSoxGal85
09-28-2010, 10:37 PM
I am so glad Viciedo got the walk-off; I hope it's a confidence booster for him.

Good win! I don't care if some people think it's meaningless. I want the Sox to win every game they can.

Oh, yeah, and I heart Chris Sale. :D:

TDog
09-28-2010, 10:43 PM
They should have scored the winning run in the bottom of the eighth. Konerko tied it with a two-strike hit. Pierzynski did his job, grounding out to the right side to move the potential winning run to third with one out, but Quentin popped out. Quentin was a big part of the offense tonight, but he could have won the game.

The Sox obviously aren't playing as tight as they were on the last homestand. Since they became the first team this year to hand the A's a loss in games where they took a lead into the ninth, the White Sox have only lost the Monday night game. And they have been coming from behind, which is good to see.

DrCrawdad
09-28-2010, 10:53 PM
I was out but tuned in the 9th inning. Great to see the Sox lose...the Other Sox that is!

TommyJohn
09-28-2010, 11:04 PM
I was out but tuned in the 9th inning. Great to see the Sox lose...the Other Sox that is!
You just made Ken Burns cry.

guillensdisciple
09-28-2010, 11:06 PM
El Cubano does the job. Hopefully he becomes a great hitter for us in the future.

DumpJerry
09-28-2010, 11:14 PM
I was at the game. The game was so exciting, I got engaged.

tebman
09-28-2010, 11:19 PM

If that isn't a punch line, congratulations!

DumpJerry
09-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Thanks. Nothing like doing it in front of 16,000+ Sox fans. Of course a bunch were fans of the wrong Sox......

salty99
09-28-2010, 11:20 PM

Wow congrats to the both of you!!!:bandance:

BadBobbyJenks
09-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Glad Viciedo could get an at bat.

hi im skot
09-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Nice way to finish my 2010 season.

Chez
09-28-2010, 11:35 PM

I was at the game too. It was exciting. I did not get engaged. Congrats, Dump -- though posting on WSI on the night you got engaged is above and beyond the call of duty.

Sox magic number to clinch second place down to 3!

GoGoCrede
09-28-2010, 11:37 PM

Really?!?!?!? CONGRATS!

soltrain21
09-28-2010, 11:43 PM

Welcome to the club. I got engaged on Friday.

soxstarter
09-28-2010, 11:47 PM

Nope....he is actually serious this time and he pulled it off quite well!

Once the White Sox realized and wanted to help us celebrate by winning.....then everything was REALLY fine!

..................................from the future Mrs. DumpJerry. :)

GoGoCrede
09-28-2010, 11:47 PM

We're gonna need some details. Did you plan it beforehand? Did you put it on the scoreboard? :tongue: So happy for you!

SoxSpeed22
09-28-2010, 11:59 PM
Good for Dayan and congrats DumpJerry.

Rikirk
09-29-2010, 01:00 AM
Sox win.
I get an early B-Day present.

:tongue:

DrCrawdad
09-29-2010, 01:03 AM

In what?

:)

StillMissOzzie
09-29-2010, 01:50 AM
Nice way to finish my 2010 season.

Me too. I have mixed emotions about this game. I am happy the White Sox won, meaningless game as it was. Anytime I am shelling out the cabbage for tickets, I want to see a White Sox victory. :D:
On the other hand, these games are quite meaningful for rookies and near-rooks. My nephew was saddled with the loss, for putting Pierre on base in the 9th. :whiner:

Edit: Oh yeah, got another DD free coffee AND an Andruw Jones bobblehead!

SMO
:gulp:

LITTLE NELL
09-29-2010, 06:09 AM
Nice win, anyime you beat the BoSox it makes it that much better plus we clinch the season series from them.

DumpJerry
09-29-2010, 07:04 AM
We're gonna need some details. Did you plan it beforehand? Did you put it on the scoreboard? :tongue: So happy for you!
Yeah, it was a scoreboard message which also wished her a happy birthday.

I gave the ring to Linebrink to present to her in the stands, but he lost it.

guillensdisciple
09-29-2010, 07:06 AM

I see what you did there.

soxstarter
09-29-2010, 07:16 AM

omg....did it say Happy Birthday too?! :rolleyes:

ChiSoxGirl
09-29-2010, 07:39 AM
I haven't seen a Sox game in quite a while. I agree. I can't put my finger on why it's so depressing, but it is. That place is a ghost town.

For two weeks, I've been saying that I just don't have that "feeling" when I'm at the ballpark anymore. I can't explain the "feeling," but I'm hoping that as a fellow Sox fan, you know what I mean. I almost always score the games I attend; I haven't scored in close to a month. It's like my heart's not in it or something. When I'm there, I'm not hanging on every pitch; instead, I'm just watching the game, chatting with whoever I came with, and taking in my surroundings.

OMG, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What great news! :bandance: I had a gut feeling that the "wonderful surprise" Robin referred to in the comment she left on the "Happy Birthday" Facebook wall post I sent her had something to do with this. However, I didn't say anything about it, just incase I was way off base. :redface:

hawkjt
09-29-2010, 07:43 AM
omg....did it say Happy Birthday too?! :rolleyes:

You are a great Sox fan,but I think maybe you got a little carried away with the emotions of the comeback win, I know it was exciting,but asking the person that happened to get tickets next to you to marry you...that is a bit much:D:....you do know that they are eliminated,right?

Seriously, glad that they could make your big nite complete with the comeback win. Congrats.:happybday

As for the game, it was good too.
My son and I started watching in the 4th inning,and it sucked us in,and we were high-fiving by the end. We decided that we just had to go out to the ballpark on Friday for one more game.

How bout that at bat by Manny in the 8th? Amazing.

ChiSoxGal85
09-29-2010, 08:03 AM
:rolling:

Congratulations!

How bout that at bat by Manny in the 8th? Amazing.
That was something to watch. Manny was definitely behind those pitches, but to battle out a walk...awesome.

hawkjt
09-29-2010, 08:13 AM

I like it. I thought it was classic Carlos last nite. Clearly,despite his two run homer earlier in the game, Carlos was full of self-loathing for not getting the winning run in from 3rd in the 8th with one out.
He came right out and said he did not belong in the interview and it should be Dayan. I like Carlos,and I kind of enjoy his discomfort with the fluff, the window dressing....it drives Cowley nuts...all the better.
My son and I thought how interesting it would have been to have Sarah Kustok interview Dayan,with no translator, but then she also does those blackhawk interviews and some of those guys also are not english-speakers.

Hitmen77
09-29-2010, 08:15 AM

Nope....he is actually serious this time and he pulled it off quite well!

Once the White Sox realized and wanted to help us celebrate by winning.....then everything was REALLY fine!

..................................from the future Mrs. DumpJerry. :)

Congratulations to the both of you! :party: