PDA

View Full Version : Tenth inning

ernie14
09-28-2010, 09:32 PM
:cuss::gah:

Cannot watch this. Sammy Sosa makes me puke.

WhiteSox5187
09-28-2010, 09:47 PM
I turned it off, I thought it was awful.

GoGoCrede
09-28-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm so out of the loop, what are you talking about?

kobo
09-28-2010, 10:01 PM
The 10th inning is a continuation of Ken Burns' Baseball. It is covering where it left off and going through last season, I believe. I caught some of it, and it's starting again on PBS. Not very impressed. They spent over 20 mins on the 96 Yankees.

Viva Medias B's
09-28-2010, 10:05 PM
The "top half" of the Tenth Inning ended Barry Bonds, jealous that his legitimate accomplishments in 1998 were overshadowed by the juiced-up exploits of Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire. As we will probably see in the "bottom half" of the Tenth Inning, Barry made the wrong choice to deal with that.

What troubles me most about that Sosa-McGwire home run chase was that we, the baseball establishment, should have known what was really going on and looked the other way. By "the baseball establishment," I mean the people who run, follow, and cover baseball. This includes everyone from Commissioner Bud Selig to the press to the players to the fans of baseball like you and me.

samurai_sox
09-28-2010, 10:14 PM
I found it entertaining and will definitely watch the second part, even though that according to Ken Burns, Frank Thomas didn't exist in the 90's. Whatever.:rolleyes:

WhiteSox5187
09-28-2010, 10:21 PM
I thought it was baffling that he gave the strike something like five minutes of coverage.

Viva Medias B's
09-28-2010, 10:25 PM
I thought it was baffling that he gave the strike something like five minutes of coverage.

I think they spent more time on Gaylord Perry's spitballs.

Oblong
09-28-2010, 10:28 PM
I get bored listening to "Intellectuals" talk about the game.

Keith Olberman talked about the Jason Grimsley swiping Belle's confiscated corked bat in romantic terms, like it was a good thing he did it. Then another writer talks about how players bodies changed once Canseco came into power and showed everybody what to do. "Suddenly guys took off their shirt and you were like... whoa!" Funny.... did he write about it back then?

There's lots to critique about it but it's still nice watching something about baseball. I wish they had saved it for November or January, when I'm really jonesing for baseball. As it is, the only reason I watched it was because the Tigers were rained out.