PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Morel of the story: Only one sac fly, Sox lose 6-1

Frater Perdurabo
09-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Meh.

GoGoCrede
09-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Oh well......

roylestillman
09-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Well at least I got home in time to watch the end of the Bears' game.

More worried about Buehrle now. Can't remember the last time he had a dominant game.

twinsuck
09-27-2010, 10:32 PM
There was a game tonight?? wow

Hitmen77
09-27-2010, 10:42 PM
6 games to go.

slavko
09-27-2010, 11:12 PM

More worried about Buehrle now. Can't remember the last time he had a dominant game.

The perfecto? That seems so long ago.

LongLiveFisk
09-27-2010, 11:12 PM
That ballpark looked EMPTY.

LoveYourSuit
09-27-2010, 11:24 PM

I think we need to accept Buehrle for what he is, an overpaid #4 starter on a good team (if we ever become good again).

Peavy better be back next year and be very good, I mean very damn good.

soltrain21
09-27-2010, 11:42 PM
I think we need to accept Buehrle for what he is, an overpaid #4 starter on a good team (if we ever become good again).

Peavy better be back next year and be very good, I mean very damn good.

Yep. Never in his career have I thought Mark was an ace, and I was always confused by the people who did.

guillensdisciple
09-27-2010, 11:57 PM
Mark has been a HUGE disappointment for us this year.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Meaningful September baseball, that's all we can ask for.

Noneck
09-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Mark has been a HUGE disappointment for us this year.

Hes not much different than he has been for the past 4 years. Maybe you listen to Harrelson too much comparing him to Catfish Hunter.

guillensdisciple
09-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Hes not much different than he has been for the past 4 years. Maybe you listen to Harrelson too much comparing him to Catfish Hunter.
Well, I'm used to his ERA being 3.7 and at least help in big games. He only did that once against the Twins and faded the rest of the way.

GoGoCrede
09-28-2010, 12:30 AM
6 games to go.

Aww, it's sad to hear it put that way. I'm not really watching baseball right now, but it's always in the dead of winter that I absolutely miss it. Too bad this season went to ****.

Noneck
09-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Well, I'm used to his ERA being 3.7 and at least help in big games. He only did that once against the Twins and faded the rest of the way.

He is a durable innings eater, enjoy that for 1 more year.

Chez
09-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Tigers lose too so the magic number to clinch second place is down to 4!

asindc
09-28-2010, 07:34 AM
He is a durable innings eater, enjoy that for 1 more year.

I'll enjoy having his $14 million come off the books after one more year.

roylestillman
09-28-2010, 08:01 AM

It was and about a third of the crowd was Red Sox fans. It takes a lot these days, but I was shocked at how aggresively obnoxious Red Sox fans are. I sat in a number of places in the park last night and couldn't get away from them. Outside of the park after the game, two women in their 20's and perhaps overserved were going up to Sox fans and taunting them hurling F bombs. A couple of others continued it in the parking lot. Man has their recent success bred an awful brand of fan.

Hegewisch
09-28-2010, 08:27 AM
It was and about a third of the crowd was Red Sox fans. It takes a lot these days, but I was shocked at how aggresively obnoxious Red Sox fans are. I sat in a number of places in the park last night and couldn't get away from them.

Yep. The Cell was a ghost town and full of Red Sox fans. Tailgating was lousy as almost everyone parked and went directly in to Cell. In fact arriving late at 5:20pm we had tons of places to park. I felt bad as a friend of my daughter came 6 hours from Northern Michigan for her first tailgate and first ever MLB game and the place was nearly empty with tons of Red Sox fans even on the fan deck. Although, we took her into Stadium Club after to watch rest of Bears game. (but, she was a Packers fan).
Actually, I have tickets for Wednesday and Friday nights games for my final piece of my split season tickets. I might not even go to any more games. Tonight might have been the last of 2010 for me.

hi im skot
09-28-2010, 08:53 AM
It was and about a third of the crowd was Red Sox fans. It takes a lot these days, but I was shocked at how aggresively obnoxious Red Sox fans are. I sat in a number of places in the park last night and couldn't get away from them. Outside of the park after the game, two women in their 20's and perhaps overserved were going up to Sox fans and taunting them hurling F bombs. A couple of others continued it in the parking lot. Man has their recent success bred an awful brand of fan.

Eh, let 'em act like *******s; they're sitting at home for the playoffs just like us.

LongLiveFisk
09-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Aww, it's sad to hear it put that way. I'm not really watching baseball right now, but it's always in the dead of winter that I absolutely miss it. Too bad this season went to ****.

I know. I'm already itching for April 1st and it's not even Oct 1st yet. This is going to be a LONG six months. :(:

TheOldRoman
09-28-2010, 09:53 AM

Peavy better be back next year and be very good, I mean very damn good.Hyperbole is great. Let's name a team with three starters better than Buehrle. The Phillies and...

Are the Phillies the only good team in baseball?

SCCWS
09-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Hyperbole is great. Let's name a team with three starters better than Buehrle. The Phillies and...

Buchholz-Lester-Beckett-DiceK-Lackey

At this point I think Buehrle would be a #5 in Boston. He would bump Dice-K.

salty99
09-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Hyperbole is great. Let's name a team with three starters better than Buehrle. The Phillies and...

That is a good question, I would say a lot of teams have 2 starters better than him but most don't have 3 that are better.

TheOldRoman
09-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Buchholz-Lester-Beckett-DiceK-Lackey

At this point I think Buehrle would be a #5 in Boston. He would bump Dice-K.Buehrle has been better than both Beckett and Lackey this year, and Beckett has also missed about 10 starts.

ChiSoxGirl
09-28-2010, 11:16 AM

It was. We were up in Sec. 348 and the two guys behind us were Red Sox fans from New Jersey, who flew into Chicago on Saturday for the sports trifecta -- Blackhawks, Cubs, and White Sox -- and commented on the low attendance. I told him the Bears were playing the Packers last night and that, coupled with the poor play of the team, was responsible for the awful crowd. In the 8th inning, he asked if they'd show the attendance and I said that they usually do that after the 7th inning stretch, so they probably weren't going to. My sister chimed in and said, "What for? They probably figured we could count it oursevles." :lol: I told him it was ashame ESPN didn't pick up this game so they could show the entire country what a well attended game it was. :redneck It was so empty at the park that I could easily see WizardsofOzzie sitting down in Sec. 159; we waved to one another without a problem!

And I was shocked at how pleasant and non-douchebag-like the two guys behind me were. As I mentioned, they were in town from New Jersey and went to the Blackhawks game on Saturday, the Cubs game on Sunday, and the Sox game last night. They talked to me quite a bit and one of them couldn't stop complimenting our ballpark, its food, or the city of Chicago as a whole. I enlightened both of them to the many renovations the ballpark has undergone since 2002, and both couldn't believe this was the 20th season for the Cell already. For a change, I had a real pleasant experience with a couple of Red Sox fans. That said, there was an insane amount of Red Sox fans down the first base line and I commented to the guys behind me that those people are the reason I typically avoid the Red Sox series like the plague.

tstrike2000
09-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Wow, even though it's the end of the season and we're out of it, I didn't even know there was a game last night until now. I always follow baseball no matter what the circumstances, but I guess my subconscious is ready for the end.

Nellie_Fox
09-28-2010, 01:23 PM
...I guess my subconscious is ready for the end.I'm never ready for the end of baseball season.

Hitmen77
09-28-2010, 08:29 PM

Chilly Monday night with the Sox out of it and the Bears playing at home vs. Green Bay on MNF.

.....oh, and the other thing was the game was in the high-priced "Premier" tier.

That sounds like a perfect recipe for an empty ballpark.