PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 9/26, Edging Deficit on Twins

guillensdisciple
09-26-2010, 06:25 PM
We're good again!!

Tragg
09-26-2010, 06:26 PM
I believe all 3 series' against the Angels were sweeps.

Nice win.

Way to go Pena. Make the man a starter.

eastchicagosoxfan
09-26-2010, 06:30 PM
A nice win. Back in April, plenty of people figured 87 wins would get the division. It's good to see the team playing well and winning.

doublem23
09-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Way to go Pena. Make the man a starter.

:rolling:

He can be a starter in Kansas City

Chez
09-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Magic Number for clinching second place down to 5!

JermaineDye05
09-26-2010, 07:04 PM

Charlotte.

Tragg
09-26-2010, 07:33 PM

Or he can play right field for us.
Gotta do something.

Lip Man 1
09-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Baseball is a funny game. The Sox struggle with Cleveland, Baltimore, Kansas City (garbage teams...garbage pitchers) yet they can beat the Angels seven straight and sweep Boston in Fenway.

:?:

Lip

Craig Grebeck
09-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Baseball is a funny game. The Sox struggle with Cleveland, Baltimore, Kansas City (garbage teams...garbage pitchers) yet they can beat the Angels seven straight and sweep Boston in Fenway.

:?:

Lip
It helps that the Angels suck.

Dan H
09-26-2010, 09:05 PM

And how many in the lineup were September call-ups? This win streak is good but way too little, way too late.

LoveYourSuit
09-26-2010, 09:24 PM

Angels are way better than KC, Cle, and Baltimore.

I think that was Lip's point.

mcsoxfan
09-26-2010, 09:50 PM

The teams that they need to dominate they don't and that's why they'll be watching the post-season from home along with us.

doublem23
09-26-2010, 09:57 PM

Not really, especially when their starting lineup is 1/2 AAA players.

Oblong
09-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Not sure when you guys played Baltimore but I read a few days ago that they've got MLB's best record since Aug 3 (when Showalter took over). S

Pablo_Honey
09-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Not sure when you guys played Baltimore but I read a few days ago that they've got MLB's best record since Aug 3 (when Showalter took over). S
We faced them on August 6 for a 4-game series and lost that series 3-1, which is where I think things started to fall apart for us. We did win a series against them later in the month, but I guess the damage had been done by then.

vinny
09-26-2010, 10:22 PM

I don't think so. O's have been 29-21 since Showalter took over. Twins in the same stretch have been 33-15.

soxfanreggie
09-26-2010, 10:23 PM
We faced them on August 6 for a 4-game series and lost that series 3-1, which is where I think things started to fall apart for us. We did win a series against them later in the month, but I guess the damage had been done by then.

You're spot on with what happened to us with the Baltimore series. We tanked then and then Minnesota handed us our hat. We all knew that the clip we were playing at couldn't last, but that was a rough stretch.

ChiSoxGirl
09-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Here is the winning TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=4061)! And in honor of said victory, Tigger is here, too!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/d3athkai/blogskins/tigger/tiggerbanner.png

LoveYourSuit
09-27-2010, 01:02 AM
Not really, especially when their starting lineup is 1/2 AAA players.

We faced Pinero, Weaver,and Kazmir.

Kazmir sucks this year, but the other 2 have been good.

I will take the the talent level on the Angels any day ahead of the crap in KC, Cle, and Baltimore. It's not even close.

doublem23
09-27-2010, 01:05 AM
We faced Pinero, Weaver,and Kazmir.

Kazmir sucks this year, but the other 2 have been good.

I will take the the talent level on the Angels any day ahead of the crap in KC, Cle, and Baltimore. It's not even close.

Whatever, man, I really don't care, but don't confuse the Angels with the 90+ winners of the last few years, they're actually quite bad this year. Look at their starting lineup from today's game. Its a joke.

LoveYourSuit
09-27-2010, 01:46 AM
Whatever, man, I really don't care, but don't confuse the Angels with the 90+ winners of the last few years, they're actually quite bad this year. Look at their starting lineup from today's game. Its a joke.

I agree, they are not good at all.

But just like us, with a few moves this offseason I can see them being a contender next year again.

Especially in that weak ass division.

hawkjt
09-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Clearly, the Sox faced a different O's club after Buck took over. For whatever reason, their good pitching prospects finally woke up right at the wrong time for the Sox and that fateful 4 game series in Baltimore. They have always hit vs the Sox,but Guthrie and the rest pitched their butts off vs the Sox.

Hope the Sox continue to roll at home this week,and get to that 88 win mark by winning these last two series. I know it is window dressing,but I think 88 wins is more of reflection of this team than the abysmal April and May. If Peavy stayed healthy, they win at least 5+ more games,and still probably fall short of those darn twins who will win 95+...of course Peavy might have beaten those twins 3-4 times and turned that around.

Pena is like the Sox this year when he starts...slow starter,but ends up fairly solid. Not sure what is up with Tony.:?:

doublem23
09-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Clearly, the Sox faced a different O's club after Buck took over. For whatever reason, their good pitching prospects finally woke up right at the wrong time for the Sox and that fateful 4 game series in Baltimore. They have always hit vs the Sox,but Guthrie and the rest pitched their butts off vs the Sox.

The Orioles series is an easy scapegoat because they're so bad and that series was so dissappointing, but really, the Sox have been inconsistent all year long. The Sox, at their peak, are a damn good team, but they've spent way too much time playing at their worst. Remember, the Rangers got swept by the O's in their pre-Showalter days, and they've still somehow won 87 games and run away with their division.

The Sox just couldn't put it together for long enough this season.

eastchicagosoxfan
09-27-2010, 06:27 PM
the orioles series is an easy scapegoat because they're so bad and that series was so dissappointing, but really, the sox have been inconsistent all year long. The sox, at their peak, are a damn good team, but they've spent way too much time playing at their worst. Remember, the rangers got swept by the o's in their pre-showalter days, and they've still somehow won 87 games and run away with their division.

The sox just couldn't put it together for long enough this season.
+1