PDA

View Full Version : What should happen with Ozzie and Kenny?

Viva Medias B's
09-26-2010, 09:14 AM
We did this poll back in May, I think, when we were losing. In the context of what is currently going on, I will pose this question and its choices again.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Ozzie should get the boot, Kenny should be on notice.

Ozzie's antics are getting to be too much of a distraction, and to me, what he did in '05 is no longer a justifiable reason for keeping him around. He's a bad game manager, and he needs a change of scenery. Anyone who thinks MARK KOTSAY is a proper DH immediately is in the lower third of game management and player evaluation. Ozzie, the honeymoon's over, and you're not pulling your weight. So bye-bye.

Kenny, I think, should get one more year. Last year was arguably his worst year as far as making decisions on trades/free agents (extending Teahen before he even played a game with us, and go figure, he sucks; refusing to sign a true DH and letting Ozzie go with his cockamamie idea of the "Defensive DH"). However, he did find a diamond in the rough with Vizquel, and I'd be interested to see what he can do if Ozzie's not in his ear. Kenny's track record is pretty solid, and he deserves another chance without Ozzie to show what he's made of.

guillensdisciple
09-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Both should stay.

KnightSox
09-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Both stay.

Craig Grebeck
09-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Clean house.

sox1970
09-26-2010, 11:56 AM
With Ozzie, it's a "be careful what you wish for". For all of his faults, I think he's a decent manager.

Kenny has had an awful 2 years. I think his ego is off the charts, and he thinks he's a lot better at his job than he is. The money he's taken on with Rios, Peavy, Teahen, and a month of Manny Ramirez is beyond bad. No offense to Rios who has had a good year, but he's still overpaid.

And then there's Edwin Jackson for Hudson and Holmberg. Sorry, but for as aggressive a move as it was, that didn't work either. Now they have a good, not great, pitcher for one more year at over 8 mil, and Hudson is already showing his potential which will be cheap and controlled for the next 5-6 years.

I'd like to see Kenny gone, and see what Ozzie and Hahn can do for 2011.

DirtySox
09-26-2010, 12:01 PM
I'd prefer both gone, but If only one goes I'd hope it's Kenny.

A. Cavatica
09-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Ozzie gone, all records of him managing the Sox after mid-2006 should be burned, and anyone who ever mentions him on WSI again should be banned.

Kenny reassigned within the organization: special consultant or something.

soltrain21
09-26-2010, 01:10 PM
They should both go.

KMcMahon817
09-26-2010, 01:37 PM
I have never had a problem with KW or Ozzie for that matter prior to this year. But, I've now had enough of Ozzie. Let him go to the Marlins, as long as Coop sticks around.

palehozenychicty
09-27-2010, 12:16 AM
It's just time for both of them to move on. This team should be a more consistent playoff threat than once-twice per decade.

Danryan
09-27-2010, 12:32 AM
I don't feel any of Ozzzie's antics, so to speak, have ever been a negative to the performance of the team. I like that Ozzie doesn't over manage a game, and he gets the best effort out of his players for the most part.

Kenny has made some questionable decisions like extending Teahan. However, I like a GM that is unpredictable and aggressive.

Nellie_Fox
09-27-2010, 12:36 AM
We need three or four more threads on this topic, plus a couple more polls.

Sox
09-27-2010, 12:36 AM
At the very least Ozzie should go....enough is enough. If Kenny doesn't start to make better decisions he should be gone as well.

A. Cavatica
09-27-2010, 05:59 AM
We need three or four more threads on this topic, plus a couple more polls.

That's your opinion.

Is it widely held? Hmmm, let me start a poll...

Madvora
09-27-2010, 08:13 AM
I think both should go, but there's no way that's going to happen. They're not going to leave that big of a hole open at one time. It seems more likely that Ozzie will leave at the end of this year and if not, then definitely next year. KW's time is running out too. His stress level is about to send him to the hospital permanently.

Tragg
09-27-2010, 08:47 AM
at least one needs to go. Status quo isn't succeeding