WhiteSox5187
09-25-2010, 11:50 PM
Woo!

Tragg
09-25-2010, 11:53 PM
over .500 for 2010

ChiSoxGal85
09-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Pretty solid tonight. JJ looked a little shaky there but Sale cleaned up after him. Nice win.

KMcMahon817
09-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Good W. Well played game. Sale is awesome.

I have never had a problem with Ozzie, but after what I heard today, just go away. Coop, please don't go.

Tragg
09-26-2010, 12:10 AM

I have never had a problem with Ozzie, but after what I heard today, just go away. Coop, please don't go.

Well, I gotta ask, what happened today?

Lip Man 1
09-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Guys:

With the win the Sox have guaranteed themselves a winning season. Granted it may not be much and I'm not saying I'm satisfied but considering the holes on this team and the issues off the field as well as them being nine under in mid-May, it's at least worth noting.

In the 11 seasons since the new century started (2000) the Sox have now had eight winning seasons, one .500 season and two losing ones. They also have three playoff appearances and a World Series title. Not Yankee like I grant you but we also aren't talking the Royals or Pirates either.

The Sox record since opening day 2000 is now 939 - 836, 103 games above the .500 mark.

Lip

stevemcstud
09-26-2010, 12:40 AM
I agree.

Let's just consider ourselves lucky that it wasn't long ago the "we might lose 100 games" thread was around and now we have an above .500 team.

Bright side for me is Morel got the chance to prove he can play in the majors.

How many days until pitchers and catchers report?

WhiteSoxOnly
09-26-2010, 12:57 AM
I agree.

Let's just consider ourselves lucky that it wasn't long ago the "we might lose 100 games" thread was around and now we have an above .500 team.

Bright side for me is Morel got the chance to prove he can play in the majors.

How many days until pitchers and catchers report?

Just got back from the game,and Morel proves every day he already can
play some 3rd base,the question is what he is going to hit if they decide
to give him a crack at it next year.Loved the way Sale came in there and
cleaned up pretty quick.High 90's the first three pitches to Matsui who
didn't look like he wanted any part of the kid.Nice win let's sweep them
tomorrow.

Foulke You
09-26-2010, 03:09 AM
Just got back from the game,and Morel proves every day he already can
play some 3rd base,the question is what he is going to hit if they decide
to give him a crack at it next year.Loved the way Sale came in there and
cleaned up pretty quick.High 90's the first three pitches to Matsui who
didn't look like he wanted any part of the kid.Nice win let's sweep them
tomorrow.
The thing that makes me most happy about Morel is that he is sound defensively. He can still help the team in 2011 while he works through any possible growing pains hitting at the MLB level. I'm slowly backing away from my desire to have a free agent 3B next year with the more I see this kid play. Spend the money on keeping Paulie and adding a run producing DH.

Foulke You
09-26-2010, 03:12 AM
Guys:

With the win the Sox have guaranteed themselves a winning season. Granted it may not be much and I'm not saying I'm satisfied but considering the holes on this team and the issues off the field as well as them being nine under in mid-May, it's at least worth noting.

In the 11 seasons since the new century started (2000) the Sox have now had eight winning seasons, one .500 season and two losing ones. They also have three playoff appearances and a World Series title. Not Yankee like I grant you but we also aren't talking the Royals or Pirates either.

The Sox record since opening day 2000 is now 939 - 836, 103 games above the .500 mark.

Lip
I think it is certainly worth noting. The Sox rarely ever "bottom out" as a franchise and remain competitive almost every year. As much as we all would love to see the Sox get better, there are fans of many teams that would love to trade places with us.

guillensdisciple
09-26-2010, 05:24 AM
Hooray for meaningless wins.

LITTLE NELL
09-26-2010, 08:57 AM

Better to have winning seasons than be known as loveable losers.

Iron Dragon2
09-26-2010, 09:36 AM

What'd he say?

guillensdisciple
09-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Better to have winning seasons than be known as loveable losers.

I agree, it still does not make this win any better though.

asindc
09-26-2010, 11:52 AM

No win is "meaningless." Just ask Pirates fans.

Chez
09-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Magic number to clinch second place down to 7!

KMcMahon817
09-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Well, I gotta ask, what happened today?

Go to Whitesox.com and read the articles regarding Ozzie and Coop. That will answer your questions.

doublem23
09-26-2010, 02:09 PM
No win is "meaningless." Just ask Pirates fans.

Kind of sad that's the only way we can validate our season.

85 wins. 75 wins. Meaningless.

guillensdisciple
09-26-2010, 02:22 PM

Yep, you know there is something wrong when the word Pirates is used to justify your teams performance.

asindc
09-26-2010, 07:20 PM

Yep, you know there is something wrong when the word Pirates is used to justify your teams performance.

Nothing sad or wrong about wanting to win, no matter the context. Furthermore, wanting the Sox to win as many as possible is in no way justifying the overall performance of the team this year, just as not caring if they win the remaining games is no justification for anything else. The "who cares if they win now" attitude seems to be in direct conflict with wanting your team to win. Maybe one of you can explain how it is not.

Pablo_Honey
09-26-2010, 07:36 PM
The "who cares if they win now" attitude seems to be in direct conflict with wanting your team to win. Maybe one of you can explain how it is not.
Winning at this point is "meaningless" because it hurts our chance to have a higher pick in next year's draft while taking us nowhere near the postseason or anything at all for that matter (unless we are worried about the franchise's W-L record). Yes, it's great to see the Sox win but it's also quite frustrating that they are winning NOW when they could've done it about a few weeks ago to stay alive in the race.

Brian26
09-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Maybe one of you can explain how it is not.

These are glorified Spring Training games right now. If the Sox win, great. If not, that's ok too. It's garbage time. De Aza was the starting CF today. The Angels are out of it. They are meaningless games.

spawn
09-26-2010, 07:52 PM
These are glorified Spring Training games right now. If the Sox win, great. If not, that's ok too. It's garbage time. De Aza was the starting CF today. The Angels are out of it. They are meaningless games.
None of that matters to me. They may be meaningless games in the standings, but I still want the Sox to win when they take the field, glorified ST games or not.

asindc
09-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Winning at this point is "meaningless" because it hurts our chance to have a higher pick in next year's draft while taking us nowhere near the postseason or anything at all for that matter (unless we are worried about the franchise's W-L record). Yes, it's great to see the Sox win but it's also quite frustrating that they are winning NOW when they could've done it about a few weeks ago to stay alive in the race.

Be that as it may, losing for draft position is a fool's pursuit in baseball moreso than any other sport. Frustration about how the season has turned out aside, I can't imagine why any Sox fan would want them to lose any game.

Pablo_Honey
09-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Be that as it may, losing for draft position is a fool's pursuit in baseball moreso than any other sport.
True, but having higher pick doesn't hurt either especially in a draft class regarded by many as a very good class. Recent high draft picks by the Sox have turned out well (Beckham, Sale) so maybe the Sox could pick up another potential franchise player with next year's pick.

Frustration about how the season has turned out aside, I can't imagine why any Sox fan would want them to lose any game.
I don't necessarily want them to lose but I also don't give a darn if they win games or not, which is why I feel these wins are "meaningless." The emotional rollercoaster that was the 2010 White Sox drained me to the point of being oblivious to anything they do from here on.

Nellie_Fox
09-27-2010, 12:40 AM
I don't necessarily want them to lose but I also don't give a darn if they win games or not, which is why I feel these wins are "meaningless." The emotional rollercoaster that was the 2010 White Sox drained me to the point of being oblivious to anything they do from here on.I still enjoy watching each game for itself.

spawn
09-27-2010, 09:38 AM
I still enjoy watching each game for itself.

Word.

soxfanatlanta
09-27-2010, 09:57 AM
none of that matters to me. They may be meaningless games in the standings, but i still want the sox to win when they take the field, glorified st games or not.

potw.