PDA

View Full Version : Sutcliffe weighs in on both Chicago managerial positions

spongyfungy
09-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Link to ESPN radio podcast (http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?id=5607840&callsign=ESPNRADIO&autoplay=1)

Rick is critical of the Sox decisions made to 1) trot out Peavy, knowing that he was already hurt 2) picking up Manny

he also thinks if one has to survive between Ozzie and Kenny, he picks Ozzie.

hi im skot
09-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Thanks, Rick Sutcliffe.

Does anyone really believe that the Sox, especially Cooper, would allow Peavy to pitch if they thought he was badly injured? Even if they did, Peavy should take some responsibility, too.

Ultimately, I struggle to believe that the Sox would risk such a crucial (and expensive) piece of the squad.

Noneck
09-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Hindsight is always 20/20.

dickallen15
09-26-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm no trainer, but Peavy did go through a couple of MRI's and they found nothing but fluid. I would imagine that that his injury was something that was most likely going to happen whether they sat him for a month or not.

The Manny acquisition was pretty dumb, but it only cost money, albeit money that could have been spent on the 2011 team.

I'm not a big fan of either Ozzie or KW and I think this feud is pretty 7th grade, but if one of them has to go, and I don't know that but I'm sure JR does, it would have to be Ozzie. KW is his boss. Letting Ozzie "win" this fight would make any GM hired, Ozzie's puppet, besides all this bickering right now seems to make Ozzie forget he is obligated to the White Sox for 2 more years, if that's not good enough and he thinks he can do better, he's free to explore. For some reason, Ozzie takes that as being fired. I'm still trying to figure out if this current contract situation isn't satisfactory to Ozzie, why he signed it. KW works on a one year deal with a rollover. If they let him go, they owe him one year severance.

slavko
09-26-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm no trainer, but Peavy did go through a couple of MRI's and they found nothing but fluid. I would imagine that that his injury was something that was most likely going to happen whether they sat him for a month or not.

The Manny acquisition was pretty dumb, but it only cost money, albeit money that could have been spent on the 2011 team.

I'm not a big fan of either Ozzie or KW and I think this feud is pretty 7th grade, but if one of them has to go, and I don't know that but I'm sure JR does, it would have to be Ozzie. KW is his boss. Letting Ozzie "win" this fight would make any GM hired, Ozzie's puppet, besides all this bickering right now seems to make Ozzie forget he is obligated to the White Sox for 2 more years, if that's not good enough and he thinks he can do better, he's free to explore. For some reason, Ozzie takes that as being fired. I'm still trying to figure out if this current contract situation isn't satisfactory to Ozzie, why he signed it. KW works on a one year deal with a rollover. If they let him go, they owe him one year severance.

Couldn't agree with you more. Ozzie has the sports syndrome called wounded pride and he wants out or is pretending to for leverage, IMO. Anyone's error is assuming is Rick Sutcliffe is the Ultimate Authority because he is tall and looks authoritative. For all anyone knows, you and I are tall and look authoritative too.

Tragg
09-26-2010, 10:49 AM
From a chain of command/leadership standpoint it should be Ozzie to go; from the who's acting like a 15 year old standpoint, it should be Ozzie.

But from a who is not doing key elements of his job well standpoint, I say Kenny. The moves the last 2 years have been something less than exemplary. Too many lazy and impatient trades and too many misjudgments.

Craig Grebeck
09-26-2010, 11:04 AM
If there was soreness, I have little doubt that Peavy failed to tell the training staff. Not that I blame him -- he's a competitor. I doubt Herm would have been able to see what came next.

veeter
09-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Rick Sutcliffe is cubbie loving *******. I couldn't care less about his opinions. However, if he ever wants to be a guest in a tv booth, while really, really drunk again, I'm all ears.

Dub25
09-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Link to ESPN radio podcast (http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?id=5607840&callsign=ESPNRADIO&autoplay=1)

Rick is critical of the Sox decisions made to 1) trot out Peavy, knowing that he was already hurt 2) picking up Manny

he also thinks if one has to survive between Ozzie and Kenny, he picks Ozzie.

Well, I guess I'm still an idiot around here because I questioned why Peavy was allowed to pitch when Ozzie said he should be DL'd. But Sutcliffe, a so called expert says it....

cws05champ
09-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Rick Sutcliffe is cubbie loving *******. I couldn't care less about his opinions. However, if he ever wants to be a guest in a tv booth, while really, really drunk again, I'm all ears.

LOL...Hey, what are you doing here man? No, No, No What are you doing here?

downstairs
09-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Hindsight on the Manny trade. How would anyone have known that Manny would slump right after being traded, and that the Twins would refuse to lose?

Who cares about the money- Jerry and company have a lot of it, and $4 million lost probably won't affect next season at all.

Foulke You
09-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Hindsight on the Manny trade. How would anyone have known that Manny would slump right after being traded, and that the Twins would refuse to lose?

Who cares about the money- Jerry and company have a lot of it, and $4 million lost probably won't affect next season at all.
Agreed. The Sox were $4 million under budget this season when Johnny Damon rejected their 1 year offer. They just chose to spend that $4 million on one player for 1 month. I'll never fault management for going for it. It didn't work out and the team will move on. At least you tried.