PDA

View Full Version : STH Playoff Ticket Refunds

Cat Thief
09-25-2010, 09:23 AM
My invoice was refunded today. Isn't that faster than normal or do I just have a bad memory? Maybe I will dump some of it on some Bears tickets. :thinking:

nccwsfan
09-25-2010, 10:43 AM
I thought the money paid for the tickets was supposed to go towards 2011 tickets. Is that not correct?

dickallen15
09-25-2010, 10:53 AM
I thought the money paid for the tickets was supposed to go towards 2011 tickets. Is that not correct?

He must have opted out.

skobabe8
09-25-2010, 01:30 PM
My invoice was refunded today. Isn't that faster than normal or do I just have a bad memory? Maybe I will dump some of it on some Bears tickets. :thinking:

I opted out too. How was it refunded? Check n the mail? Or was your cc credited?

nccwsfan
09-25-2010, 02:54 PM
He must have opted out.

Makes sense- thanks.

WhiffleBall
09-25-2010, 05:18 PM
When I paid my deposit there were no refund/deposit for next year options, just a straight transaction. I was going to ask my rep about it but I'll let it wait until I decide to renew or not.

DumpJerry
09-25-2010, 05:21 PM
When I paid my deposit there were no refund/deposit for next year options, just a straight transaction. I was going to ask my rep about it but I'll let it wait until I decide to renew or not.
Yes there was. You had to check a box to have your money (it was a full payment we made, not a deposit) refunded for all unplayed playoff games. If you checked the box, you were not guaranteed your seats next year, if you did not check it, then the money paid for the unplayed games was credited to your account for 2011. While this was not when we officially tell the Sox we're renewing or not renewing, by not asked for a cash refund, you're letting them know you're renewing since they keep the money.

Jason82807
09-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Yes there was. You had to check a box to have your money (it was a full payment we made, not a deposit) refunded for all unplayed playoff games. If you checked the box, you were not guaranteed your seats next year, if you did not check it, then the money paid for the unplayed games was credited to your account for 2011. While this was not when we officially tell the Sox we're renewing or not renewing, by not asked for a cash refund, you're letting them know you're renewing since they keep the money.

If you didn't check the box and don't want to renew, talk to your rep as soon as possible. They may give you a full refund, or at least let you apply the playoff money to a less expensive ticket package.

Cat Thief
09-25-2010, 07:49 PM
I opted out too. How was it refunded? Check n the mail? Or was your cc credited?

Credited my card.

I opted out.

skobabe8
09-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Credited my card.

I opted out.

I just checked, and they credited the money back to my credit card MINUS $30. Anyone know why this would be?

Steelrod
09-26-2010, 12:49 AM
I just checked, and they credited the money back to my credit card MINUS $30. Anyone know why this would be?That was shipping and handling on the tickets. I assume you will still eventually get your tickets.

dickallen15
09-26-2010, 09:20 AM
I just checked, and they credited the money back to my credit card MINUS $30. Anyone know why this would be?
They obviously charged you for shipping and handling. Its pretty ridiculous. You need to demand that money back.

Lundind1
09-26-2010, 06:17 PM
They obviously charged you for shipping and handling. Its pretty ridiculous. You need to demand that money back.

You're not going to get it back. That is part of the deal. That is the only non-refundable portion of the tickets.

dickallen15
09-27-2010, 01:01 PM
You're not going to get it back. That is part of the deal. That is the only non-refundable portion of the tickets.

What if they don't ship the tickets? If you complain enough, you will get it back.

Chez
09-27-2010, 02:23 PM
What if they don't ship the tickets? If you complain enough, you will get it back.

Unlikely. They are pooling the money to pay off the remaining year on Scott Linebrink's contract.

ewokpelts
09-27-2010, 05:11 PM
email your rep. they are not shipping tickets to you, so why pay $30? the same thing happened last year.

Cat Thief
09-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Did anyone successfully have this fee reversed? My rep is not budging.

Way to **** on the STH.

Ex-Chicagoan
09-28-2010, 02:48 PM
I'd be inclined to insist on the tickets being sent. They'd look good over the bar.

skobabe8
09-28-2010, 04:11 PM
So whats the story???

My rep said its a handling fee, and theres nothing they can do.

Can I request the dumb unusable tickets?? Can I fight it? Has anyone done this before? I always put this money towards the following years tickets, and I dont remember ever dealing with this feee before. :angry:

dickallen15
09-28-2010, 04:15 PM
So whats the story???

Can I request the dumb unusable tickets?? Can I fight it? Has anyone done this before? I always put this money towards the following years tickets, and I dont remember ever dealing with this feee before. :angry:

If there are no tickets, exactly what are they handling, and what would the shipping charges be for? It did say $30 for shipping and handling, but there is nothing there. I'd keep fighting it and ask to speak to a supervisor.

If they refuse to refund the money, I'd demand the tickets. If they say they don't have them, then you should be entitled to a refund. There is no way they should get $30 from every STH account for nothing.

Chez
09-28-2010, 04:30 PM
If there are no tickets, exactly what are they handling, and what would the shipping charges be for? It did say $30 for shipping and handling, but there is nothing there. I'd keep fighting it and ask to speak to a supervisor.

If they refuse to refund the money, I'd demand the tickets. If they say they don't have them, then you should be entitled to a refund. There is no way they should get $30 from every STH account for nothing.

You are absolutely right. These are the kind of bone-headed moves companies make and then later wonder why they've been named in a class action. I'm not advocating one here, but something is wrong and it's not the way your most loyal customers should be treated.

WhiffleBall
09-28-2010, 04:43 PM
I thought if you paid the handling fee then they shipped the post season ticket strip even if they don't make it? That was their reasoning behind not offering a refund. I have a few sets from previous unplayed post seasons.

Harry Potter
09-28-2010, 04:51 PM
In my past years as a season-ticket holder, in 2006 the Sox were in it to the end so they mailed out the playoff tickets. (I remember receiving them the day the Sox were mathematically eliminated :(:) Anyways, in 2006, we received the tickets and were charged the $30 S&H (I think it was $25 back then)

Last year, the Sox were out of contention early enough so the Sox never mailed out the playoff tickets. The Sox applied all of the money, including the $30 S&H, to 2010.

So for this year, if the Sox don't mail us souvenir tickets, they should either refund the $30 S&H or apply it to 2011 (depending on what people chose to do).

dickallen15
09-28-2010, 05:16 PM
In my past years as a season-ticket holder, in 2006 the Sox were in it to the end so they mailed out the playoff tickets. (I remember receiving them the day the Sox were mathematically eliminated :(:) Anyways, in 2006, we received the tickets and were charged the $30 S&H (I think it was $25 back then)

Last year, the Sox were out of contention early enough so the Sox never mailed out the playoff tickets. The Sox applied all of the money, including the $30 S&H, to 2010.

So for this year, if the Sox don't mail us souvenir tickets, they should either refund the $30 S&H or apply it to 2011 (depending on what people chose to do).
That's probably true, but these are people who are giving up their tickets. Unless they are mailing something to them, they shouldn't be on the hook for the $30, which is a ridiculous charge anyway.

Harry Potter
09-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Regardless of people are giving up their tickets or keeping them for next year, if the Sox aren't mailing out tickets as keepsakes, we shouldn't have to eat the $30

skobabe8
09-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Regardless of people are giving up their tickets or keeping them for next year, if the Sox aren't mailing out tickets as keepsakes, we shouldn't have to eat the $30

My rep said some line about its the cost of holding the seats, processing the request, etc., etc. She said she has tried with a couple of other STH's to get their money back and she hasnt been successful yet with her supervisor.

I asked her if it was a Ticketmaster thing or a White Sox thing, and she said both.

doogiec
09-28-2010, 07:42 PM
In the past, the Sox have always refunded shipping and handling charges on tickets they don't ship. Until I see otherwise, I will trust they will do the honest thing this year as well.

If they choose to do the dishonest thing and charge the $30 dollars for something they did not provide, I will simply multiply that by 10, and cut my expenditures at Sox games by $300 next year. I encourage everyone to do the same. They make enough holding all that money for eight months to cover their costs. Any business that charges shipping and handling for something they neither ship nor handle would end up being reported to the Illinois Attorney General Fraud unit. Why should a baseballl team be any different.

But like I said, I'll trust them to be honest.

dickallen15
09-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Since they don't want to be fair, I'd dispute the charge with the credit card company. If that didn't work, it would be time for Pam Zekman. I could see where they would not refund you if they sent the tickets, but as far as I know, they haven't and won't.

I don't understand how it costs them $30 per account to "hold" tickets they haven't printed or could have put up for sale elsewhere. I'm trying to figure why its also a Ticketmaster thing. The only thing I can think of is the automated payment through the my White Sox account. That cost $30?

I believe I've never ultimately wasn't credited back those fees if games weren't played and can't imagine they would try to screw you for $30 just because you didn't put the money towards next season.

nccwsfan
09-28-2010, 08:34 PM

Emailed my rep today- if you renewed tickets for 2011 the $30 fee is rolled over into the paid balance. Didn't ask about those who aren't renewing.

ewokpelts
09-29-2010, 08:15 AM
So whats the story???

Can I request the dumb unusable tickets?? Can I fight it? Has anyone done this before? I always put this money towards the following years tickets, and I dont remember ever dealing with this feee before. :angry:they returned the $25 fee last year. no tickets printed? no handling fee.

suck it up sox.

DumpJerry
09-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Ahhh.....the first sign of Autumn. WSIers complaining about the season ticket payment policies of the White Sox......

skobabe8
09-29-2010, 09:37 AM
they returned the $25 fee last year. no tickets printed? no handling fee.

suck it up sox.

Doesnt look like they will.

dickallen15
09-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Ahhh.....the first sign of Autumn. WSIers complaining about the season ticket payment policies of the White Sox......

You don't find anything wrong with not refunding shipping and handling charges for something that was neither shipped or handled?