PDA

View Full Version : A Great Sox Fan Passes Away

TornLabrum
06-27-2002, 10:18 PM
I don't know how many of you are familiar with a group called the Windy City Sox Fans, but they're made up of some of the most rabid Sox fans you'll ever find.

Unfortunately, the number of Sox fans has decreased by one today. Joanne Weir, the club's vice president, and a Sox fan going back into the '50s, died today of as the result of an infection.

If you have some time, please say a prayer for her and her sister Mary Kay.

WinningUgly!
06-27-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I don't know how many of you are familiar with a group called the Windy City Sox Fans, but they're made up of some of the most rabid Sox fans you'll ever find.

Unfortunately, the number of Sox fans has decreased by one today. Joanne Weir, the club's vice president, and a Sox fan going back into the '50s, died today of as the result of an infection.

If you have some time, please say a prayer for her and her sister Mary Kay.

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully where she's at now, everyday will bring a White Sox Winner! If we could only get that here...

Soxheads
06-28-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully where she's at now, everyday will bring a White Sox Winner! If we could only get that here...

I'm also sorry tho hear this. You don't find many rabid fan groups like that anymore.

Cheryl
06-28-2002, 09:39 AM
Hal, that's terrible! Joanne was a truly great person and Sox fan too. Please pass my sympathy on to MaryKay and the rest of Joanne's family.