PDA

View Full Version : LA WINS!!!

WindyCityHusker
08-05-2001, 11:42 PM
Woohoo! (yes, it is sad I am reduced to rooting against the Cubs, buttttt....)
3-2 in 10 innings. Lead down to 1 1/2!!
I say they lose the lead on August 10th

stosh
08-05-2001, 11:49 PM
I don't know Windy, I read your earlier post about Cleveland's comeback. I didn't know which was worse, Putrid Sam-me-me-me's stinkin' lucky home run or that comeback. It doesn't sadden me to see the Flubs lose----I absolutely hate 'em.

Jerry_Manuel
08-05-2001, 11:49 PM
3-2 in 10 innings. Lead down to 1 1/2!!

:chimp
That's because I wasn't doing the play by play.

doublem23
08-05-2001, 11:50 PM
WCH, I think we're all pissed that we have been reduced to rooting against the Cubs, but if we're not going to make the play-offs, the Scrubs better not either. The only year I remember the Cubs making the play-offs was in 1998 and that was complete hell (until the Braves swept their asses)

WindyCityHusker
08-05-2001, 11:50 PM
Look out for the guy named Jerry Manuel around here
:) :)

doublem23
08-05-2001, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by stosh
It doesn't sadden me to see the Flubs lose----I absolutely hate 'em.

Welcome to the club.

Sure, I'd rather see the Sox & Cubs make the post-season, but if we're dead in the water, I have to root against them with all my heart.

Jerry_Manuel
08-05-2001, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by WindyCityHusker
Look out for the guy named Jerry Manuel around here
:) :)

Why?

doublem23
08-05-2001, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Why?

Yeah, I'd tell him to watch out more for guys like daver (he's got guns and stuff - and he knows how to use them).

Bmr31
08-05-2001, 11:55 PM
im confused too jerry

WindyCityHusker
08-05-2001, 11:55 PM
Huh??
Oh......I wasn't referring to you. See, you are Jerry_Manuel. I was referring to the manager, Jerry Manuel. See, very big difference! ummm...yeah!

doublem23
08-05-2001, 11:56 PM
Huh??
Oh......I wasn't referring to you. See, you are Jerry_Manuel. I was referring to the manager, Jerry Manuel. See, very big difference! ummm...yeah!

In that case be wary of these fellows, too:

:KW :reinsy :moron :clueless :chimp :barney&sham

stosh
08-06-2001, 12:00 AM
Thanks everybody, appreciate the welcome. I'm getting a real good feeling the Flubs will choke. In fact I rather can see 3rd place by the 20th. Wouldn't that be soooo sweet. Well cutting to the chase, after our loss today seems like a best scenario 4-3 against two of the worst teams in ball. I'm not for packing it in but it's come to time of bringing up Crede and maybe some other youngsters and shoot for next year. With this new crop of arms I like our chances. Looks like Singleton's days are numbered with Rowand's play. Now if we can just get a lead off guy

Jerry_Manuel
08-06-2001, 12:01 AM
Huh??

Ah I see the difference!

:jerry
Hello new guy, when can you start playing RF?

Daver
08-06-2001, 12:05 AM
Why can't Rowand leadoff?He is a good contact hitter that also has some pop.He ain't a centerfeilder though.And everything that is said about me on this board is completely blown out of proportion,for the most part anyway.

stosh
08-06-2001, 12:14 AM
Nice to meet you Daver. With the kid's ability he could probably bat anywhere from 1-5. You really don't like his play in center field? Looks like he made some decent jumps on balls and made some fine catches. Though he doesn't have Singleton's wheels he makes up for it with hitting. Maybe put him in left for Dr Strangeglove Carlos Lee. Seems like we're a team of 1st base Dher's doesn't it? By the way what's this about Schuler possibly wanting his old job back? Guess he can't bear to watch KW in action either.

Jerry_Manuel
08-06-2001, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by stosh
By the way what's this about Schuler possibly wanting his old job back? Guess he can't bear to watch KW in action either.

He wants to be a GM again but never said with the Sox.

doublem23
08-06-2001, 12:17 AM
If Ron Schueler wants his job back, he can take it for all I care now.

Jerry_Manuel
08-06-2001, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
If Ron Schueler wants his job back, he can take it for all I care now.

Again he never said with the Sox, I think he and Reinsdorf had a falling out.

danman31
08-06-2001, 12:23 AM
That sucks for us because KW isn't getting it done.

Oh and BTW hello to Stosh!