PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations, Ichiro

doublem23
09-23-2010, 07:37 PM
200 H for the 10th consecutive season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AlgMW8IemjeLp9u5li1jjbY5nYcB?slug=ap-mariners-suzuki-200hits

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Just imagine if he came here as a true rookie, instead of spending a few years in Japan. He'd probably be at 3,000 or close to it already.

nccwsfan
09-23-2010, 10:20 PM
First ballot Hall of Famer- zero doubt about it. He's fun to watch...

Marqhead
09-23-2010, 10:27 PM
First ballot Hall of Famer- zero doubt about it. He's fun to watch...

Absolutely. The guy is incredible, I hope he gets to 3000.

canOcorn
09-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Just imagine if he came here as a true rookie, instead of spending a few years in Japan. He'd probably be at 3,000 or close to it already.

I suggest he would be well past 3000. He played 130 game schedules and set the single season hit record, for the PBL that still stands, at the age of 20.

I have no doubt that he would break Rose's MLB career hit record had he come here as a 21 year old.

I, incorrectly, thought he could be busted inside with his "ass and head in the 1st base dugout, with his arms inside-outing everything", but his hands are so fast he still can pull an inside fastball with that swing.

And I still don't think he gets enough credit for his defense. Gold Gloves are one thing, but that's usually because of offense - re: Jeter. Ichiro's are well deserved.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-23-2010, 10:59 PM
And I still don't think he gets enough credit for his defense. Gold Gloves are one thing, but that's usually because of offense - re: Jeter. Ichiro's are well deserved.

I went to a Sox/M's game this year, and he robbed Kotsay of a HR. The sick part was...he made it look easy. Perfect timing and everything. I couldn't help but give him a standing O, because, come on, it's Ichiro, and he just made a hell of a play.

Also, he still has quite a cannon, even as he gets older.

aryzner
09-24-2010, 07:38 AM
I love Ichiro. Fantastic player and then there's the fact that there's the little thing he does before every pitch/batting stance. It's badass.

eriqjaffe
09-24-2010, 09:19 AM
200 H for the 10th consecutive season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AlgMW8IemjeLp9u5li1jjbY5nYcB?slug=ap-mariners-suzuki-200hitsThat's like, half of the Mariners' hits!

Seriously, Ichiro is a hell of a ballplayer. Got to see him back in '02, and I'm glad I did.

tstrike2000
09-24-2010, 09:37 AM
He's had a pretty good career.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-24-2010, 09:41 AM
I couldn't help but give him a standing O, because, come on, it's Ichiro, and he just made a hell of a play.

This is true baseball. Giving credit for a great play for a great play/player not on your team.

I saw that game/play on TV - Hawk's "YOU GOTTA BE........BLEEPING ME!!!!" was priceless.

g0g0
09-24-2010, 10:19 AM
I suggest he would be well past 3000. He played 130 game schedules and set the single season hit record, for the PBL that still stands, at the age of 20.

I have no doubt that he would break Rose's MLB career hit record had he come here as a 21 year old.

I, incorrectly, thought he could be busted inside with his "ass and head in the 1st base dugout, with his arms inside-outing everything", but his hands are so fast he still can pull an inside fastball with that swing.

+1

If you look at his total stats he's been hitting like this his entire career. Too bad he spent so many years across the pond. His style of play has always been my favorite. That's why I admire Mark Grace so much.

AZChiSoxFan
09-27-2010, 05:22 PM
I agree with all the comments in this thread. The guy is simply amazing and my favorite player in the game today.

kaufsox
09-28-2010, 12:20 PM
He is the reason every year on my Ozzie Pack I get at least one Mariners game, worth the price of admission every time.