PDA

View Full Version : Juan Uribe goes iPROFUNDO! against the Cubs

hi im skot
09-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Two homers, six RBI in the second inning in Chicago tonight.

Giants already up 10-0 in the top of the second.

g0g0
09-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Their feelings must have gotten hurt from yesterday. Teehee!

Brian26
09-23-2010, 07:05 PM
I cannot recall a team getting blown out as many times as the Cubs have this year. It feels like once a week they're losing by 10 or 12 runs.

PKalltheway
09-23-2010, 11:14 PM
I cannot recall a team getting blown out as many times as the Cubs have this year.

I can.:tongue:

http://www.leaguelineup.com/pinepirates/images/pirate%20logo.png

Seriously though, the Pirates have been outscored by 281 runs this year.:o::o::o:

The more pathetic thing is that the Pirates actually have a winning record against the Cubs this year (10-5)!

Marqhead
09-24-2010, 08:13 AM
Man do I miss that swing. :D:

g0g0
09-24-2010, 08:25 AM
The great thing is when a team gets blown out it only counts for one loss. If the runs against mattered (like goals against in soccer), then they would be up **** creek! Doesn't do anything for the psyche though!

TDog
09-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Man do I miss that swing. :D:

I will always have a soft place in my heart for Juan Uribe, or Oo-ribe as the case may be, because he took over Game 4 of the 2005 World Series defensively from the last outs in the eighth to to non-sacrifice-bunt outs in the ninth. I have never seen such solid, aggressive defense at such an important point in a game, let alone a season, or even a team's history, considering the infrequency with which the White Sox win World Series titles.

That being said, his swing is something of a joke in the Bay Area. The Giants announcers talk about how Juan will go up swinging for the long one, no matter the count, no matter the score, no matter the situation. He is the same hitter he was with the White Sox, of course. But it is amazing how many pitchers don't throw him curves into the dirt that break off the plate. With the wind blowing out Thursday, I wasn't surprised with his first home run. I was hoping the Giants would load the bases for him later in the inning, because I knew he had a good chance for the 6 RBI inning.

I am pulling for him to get another championship ring. Aaron Rowand too, to a lesser extent. Rowand in San Francisco lives in the same building as Joe Montana, a football player I have actually heard of. I don't know if Montana has any rings, but the building could probably use one more.

happydude
09-24-2010, 01:42 PM
I will always have a soft place in my heart for Juan Uribe, or Oo-ribe as the case may be, because he took over Game 4 of the 2005 World Series defensively from the last outs in the eighth to to non-sacrifice-bunt outs in the ninth. I have never seen such solid, aggressive defense at such an important point in a game, let alone a season, or even a team's history, considering the infrequency with which the White Sox win World Series titles.

That being said, his swing is something of a joke in the Bay Area. The Giants announcers talk about how Juan will go up swinging for the long one, no matter the count, no matter the score, no matter the situation. He is the same hitter he was with the White Sox, of course. But it is amazing how many pitchers don't throw him curves into the dirt that break off the plate. With the wind blowing out Thursday, I wasn't surprised with his first home run. I was hoping the Giants would load the bases for him later in the inning, because I knew he had a good chance for the 6 RBI inning.

I am pulling for him to get another championship ring. Aaron Rowand too, to a lesser extent. Rowand in San Francisco lives in the same building as Joe Montana, a football player I have actually heard of. I don't know if Montana has any rings, but the building could probably use one more.

I'm presuming that teal is implied? :smile:

#1swisher
09-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Go Uribe! :cool:

TDog
09-24-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm presuming that teal is implied? :smile:

I don't follow football. I honestly don't know. Nobody's won anything since I've lived in Northern California, though. And frankly, I don't even care.

happydude
09-24-2010, 01:51 PM
I don't follow football. I honestly don't know. Nobody's won anything since I've lived in Northern California, though. And frankly, I don't even care.

I hear you. Its fascinating how things that seem to be common knowledge to some are entirely unknown and completely insignificant to others; and vice versa. FWIW, Montana is considered by most to be one of the 3-4 greatest quarterbacks ever; he earned several rings in the late 80's/early 90's as the QB for the Niners.

nug0hs
09-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Just for kicks, here are some numbers:

Carlos Quentin = 25 HR, 84 RBI, .238

Juan Uribe = 22 HR, 83 RBI, .249

downstairs
09-24-2010, 02:16 PM

Ha! Fair enough... but its just funny that you mentioned possibly the greatest quarter back of all time, with 4 Super Bowl rings.

I'm totally not digging on you (I'm completely ignorant to hockey, for instance)... just strange that you follow sports/baseball and don't know if Joe Montana has any rings.

Red Barchetta
09-24-2010, 04:23 PM
I can.:tongue:

http://www.leaguelineup.com/pinepirates/images/pirate%20logo.png

Seriously though, the Pirates have been outscored by 281 runs this year.:o::o::o:

The more pathetic thing is that the Pirates actually have a winning record against the Cubs this year (10-5)!

I think the Pirates should ditch this logo and go back to their old one. Seriously, they have really sucked wind since they adopted this new logo.