PDA

View Full Version : On a scale of 1 to 10........

bridgeportcopper
09-22-2010, 04:31 PM
How bad is it that I am going to cheer for the Twins in the AL playoffs?
Have at me, but I can't cheer for the Yanks, haven't liked the Rays since the '08 ALDS and Rangers...meh. I do like Thome, Mauer and even Gardsy. Go ahead, inundate me with anger!

DirtySox
09-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Have at me, but I can't cheer for the Yanks, haven't liked the Rays since the '08 ALDS and Rangers...meh. I do like Thome, Mauer and even Gardsy. Go ahead, inundate me with anger!

It isn't bad.

I will also be rooting for the Twins depending on who they are playing. I don't have a huge hatred for the team or the players aside from Delmon Young who is just an asshat in general. Go Twins! (maybe)

soltrain21
09-22-2010, 04:38 PM
I prefer the Rays or Rangers, but rather the Twins than the Yankees. Overall, though, give me the Reds.

DirtySox
09-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Overall, though, give me the Reds.

Yes. Love them.

happydude
09-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Grrrrrr! Seriously, I don't see it as a big deal. I generally detest the Twins but its only because we're in direct competition with them for a playoff slot; plus they're always whipping our ass.

I won't be rooting for them or against them; I usually regard the Twins with detached amusement during the playoffs because its been eons since they've presented themselves as a genuine postseason threat. Will your psychic energy be enough to get them past the Mt. Everest that the ALDS usually represents to them? Hopefully not but I don't mind you trying. :smile:

eriqjaffe
09-22-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm rooting for Thome, but other than that, I'm really ambivalent this year.

beasly213
09-22-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm Rooting for the Yankees this baseball playoffs.

ChiSoxGal85
09-22-2010, 04:53 PM
I don't like the Twins, but I want Jim Thome to get his ring - so I hope they go all the way.

Noneck
09-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Anyone but the yanks is ok.

whitesox4eva
09-22-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm rooting for the rangers and (hoping they get to the playoffs the rockies). Overall I want to see the rockies win it. Cluck the wins! :tongue:

MarySwiss
09-22-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't like the Twins, but I want Jim Thome to get his ring - so I hope they go all the way.
I too like Thome--although not as much as I used to--but there is no way in hell I will root for the stinking Twins. I'm kind of hoping for the NL to take it this year.

soltrain21
09-22-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm rooting for the rangers and (hoping they get to the playoffs the rockies). Overall I want to see the rockies win it. Cluck the wins! :tongue:

Ur doin' it wrong.

ChicagoG19
09-22-2010, 05:56 PM
If 10 means bad, then I say 10. The Twins are our biggest rival. **** the Twins.

JB98
09-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Anyone but the Twins. **** the Twins.

SoxSpeed22
09-22-2010, 06:24 PM
My order:
1. Rays
2. Rangers
3. Whoever the hell comes out of the NL West
4. NL Wild Card
5. Reds
6. Phillies
7. Yanks
8. Earthquakes
9. Churros
10. Pandemic
11. Zombie apocalypse
4386. Twins

LITTLE NELL
09-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Go Rays.

sox1970
09-22-2010, 06:32 PM
I'll be rooting for the Twins and Rangers.

I'll start rooting for the Rays when they get a real park. No different than the Twins when they played in the dome.

AlexRios51
09-22-2010, 06:34 PM
I right along with you I love thome and gardy. I'm going for the Twins and Reds.

konerko 14
09-22-2010, 07:10 PM
10, I'd root for the Cubs before I root for the Twins.

LongLiveFisk
09-22-2010, 07:40 PM

I won't cheer for the Twins, but if they do happen to win it all, I will see this as the silver lining behind the dark cloud.

10, I'd root for the Cubs before I root for the Twins.

Ditto. And I'm not the least bit ashamed to admit it.

SI1020
09-22-2010, 07:52 PM
For me it's Rays in the AL and Braves in the NL if they can make it.

veeter
09-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Anyone but the Twins. **** the Twins.Yes

C-Dawg
09-22-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm rooting for the Reds and Rays.

I always enjoy seeing the Twins eliminated in the first round!

:gulp:

Vestigio
09-22-2010, 08:38 PM
No way I'm rooting for the Twins. I'd have the Yankees win another before the Twins win, regardless of Thome. Hopefully the Yanks get the ALE so they face the Rangers, and the Twins face the Rays. That way, both Rangers and Rays can advance to ALCS.

Hell, I'm rooting for all the NL teams over any matchup involving the Twins or Yankees

Soxman219
09-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Anybody but the twins

asindc
09-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Go Giants.

Hitmen77
09-22-2010, 09:00 PM

Anybody but the Yankee$$$$! It's their over-the-top spend that ruining baseball. The only team I'd root for the Yankees over in a post-season series is the Cubs.

cleanwsox
09-22-2010, 09:25 PM
I love Thome, but for him to have a Twins logo on a ring he's waited his whole career to get makes me wanna puke.

I hope they crash and burn.

bridgeportcopper
09-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Go Zombie Apocalypse??

Frater Perdurabo
09-22-2010, 09:54 PM
I also would prefer the Rays or Rangers.

However, part of me actually hopes the Twins win it all (not 11-1, of course), just to prove to JR, KW and OG that they really have a lot of work to do to overcome the Twins. It still may not be enough, but I think it will take that at a minimum to force our management team to get serious about the importance of scouting, drafting and developing all-around ballplayers who can field their positions well, execute all the fundamentals in all facets of the game, run the bases well and hit well.

MeteorsSox4367
09-23-2010, 09:08 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the Twins are like the Packers in that I can't root for them because they're rivals of my favorite teams. However, I don't hate them as I do the Yankees and Cowboys.

I like the Twins' fundamentals, I like Gardenhire as a manager and Mauer has the lefthanded swing I wish I had when I was a kid. There's also the Thome factor.

That said, in the AL, I'll root for Tampa Bay or Texas. In the NL, the Giants are one of my favorite teams in baseball and I enjoy the Padres and the Reds, too.

soxfanatlanta
09-23-2010, 11:05 AM

You are dead to me. :tongue:

I'm hoping the Braves somehow make the wildcard, but that is doubtful considering how badly they are playing right now. If they don't make it; it's the Rays for me.

TDog
09-23-2010, 11:50 AM

I hate the Twins more than I hate the Yankees. I hate the A's more than I hate the Yankees. I hate the Rays as much as I hate the Yankees. I hate the Rangers as much as I hate the Yankees. If I had come of age before Mickey "Hey, You Usin' That Liver?" Mantle drank himself out of baseball, and hadn't been forced to live in Dallas for two years, I might feel differently, but my hate for the Yankees is matched or exceeded by every other contending American League team.

I'm looking for the Yankees to win, but not with a smile on my face. And I'm rooting for the Giants.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-23-2010, 11:54 AM
No ****ing way in hell. I love Thome but **** the Twins.

**** them.
**** them.
**** them.

I hope they're home faster than Konerko flying back to AZ after the season's over.

Domeshot17
09-23-2010, 12:43 PM
I am torn, I really want Thome to get his ring, dude has earned it.

That said....

We hang our hat on the fact that we don't make the playoffs much, but when we did, we won it. The Twins are the opposite, always in the playoffs, and always out fast. If the Twins win a title, it tilts the balance of power to the Twins in completely utter domination.

hi im skot
09-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Rooting against the Twins, but if they win it I'll take consolation in the fact that Thome finally has a championship.

TDog
09-23-2010, 12:55 PM
I am torn, I really want Thome to get his ring, dude has earned it.

That said....

We hang our hat on the fact that we don't make the playoffs much, but when we did, we won it. The Twins are the opposite, always in the playoffs, and always out fast. If the Twins win a title, it tilts the balance of power to the Twins in completely utter domination.

Do you really want to bump into Jim Thome some day wearing a big diamond-studded Twins logo ring?

GoSox2K3
09-23-2010, 01:34 PM
I wouldn't mind the Rangers winning the pennant. That would bring us one step closer to having every expansion team winning a pennant before the Cubs win another one.:tongue:

If Texas can win the pennant, that would leave Seattle and Washington (including their Montreal history) as the only teams never to appear in the World Series.

Bob Roarman
09-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Wouldn't care otherwise but seeing Thome is on the team, I'd like to see them win.

Mendoza Line
09-23-2010, 02:12 PM
The Twins have become the Braves of the early 00's. They make the playoffs every year and become first round doormats. I doubt they'll get to the ALCS.

Rays/Reds would be my preferred World Series scenario. I have no beef with either team.

cards press box
09-23-2010, 03:15 PM
I'll root for the Rays but I don't see anyone stopping Philadelphia in the NL or AL. They will likely have home field advantage all the way through the World Series and, right now, Roy Halladay, Roy Oswalt and Cole Hamels are a combined 12-0 in September. Oswalt turned out to be a terrific pick up. Domonic Brown gives the Phils added depth in the outfield. The only real question mark right now is Jimmy Rollins. If the Phils can get him healthy for October, they are the team to beat.

hi im skot
09-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Do you really want to bump into Jim Thome some day wearing a big diamond-studded Twins logo ring?

Only if he buys me dinner.

TheOldRoman
09-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Clearly you CAN root for any team you want, but the Twins are the absolute last team I would want to see win. The players I don't hate on their team are outnumbers by the ones I do. I hate everything about the team. This playoff season will be just like the last decade for the Twins, except they will be doing their faceplant against the Rays this time. That is good because I always felt dirty rooting for the Yankees for a few days.

As for Thome, he is absolutely nothing to me. A nice guy, future hall of famer, that is fine. He had a few good years in Chicago, but I have no rooting interest in him. I hope he strikes out or grounds into a double play every PA in the Twins' three playoff games.