PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question..Will the Sox finish above .500

S-SideTrifecta
09-21-2010, 11:26 PM
I am being serious too, I am really starting to wonder! What is going on with this team?

WhiteSox5187
09-21-2010, 11:31 PM
I think we're going to go on a bit of a roll as soon as we lose tonight.

S-SideTrifecta
09-21-2010, 11:36 PM
I think we're going to go on a bit of a roll as soon as we lose tonight.

I hope you are right, at this point 84 wins would be a miracle. I just never imagined them packing it in like this.

twinsuck
09-22-2010, 01:08 AM
they need 3 more wins to finish over .500....so no.

guillensdisciple
09-22-2010, 01:19 AM
they need 3 more wins to finish over .500....so no.

LOL!!!!!!

HAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHA.

I just envisioned one of the funniest serious/ funny faces in the world and almost died of laughter. Thank you.

Dan H
09-22-2010, 01:43 AM
In six of the nine years previous to 2010, the White Sox win totals ranged from 72-86. This year looks typical and is ending up as nothing special. In the four non division title seasons since the World Series, the team has finished 6, 24, 7, and now at this writing, 12 games out. There is nothing special about those numbers, either.

LITTLE NELL
09-22-2010, 06:06 AM
Well............if they keep losing; no.

g0g0
09-22-2010, 07:16 AM
When we were doing our predictions I had them pegged at 85 I think. I believe they'll get there.

mrwag
09-22-2010, 07:38 AM
I can't understand this. What the heck is wrong with these guys? Has everyone just completely quit? This is the most pathetic stretch of baseball I've seen from this team for a long time.

psyclonis
09-22-2010, 07:49 AM
hopefully they keep losing in order to guarantee a protected pick so KW doesn't have to worry about signing some type A bullpen FAs in the off season

russ99
09-22-2010, 08:21 AM
I can't understand this. What the heck is wrong with these guys? Has everyone just completely quit? This is the most pathetic stretch of baseball I've seen from this team for a long time.

Nope, the pitching has completely collapsed. You can't win when you're in the hole 4-6 runs every day.

SI1020
09-22-2010, 08:52 AM
I can't understand this. What the heck is wrong with these guys? Has everyone just completely quit? This is the most pathetic stretch of baseball I've seen from this team for a long time. It's 1970 bad.

kittle42
09-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Remember, the games aren't played on paper.

ewokpelts
09-22-2010, 09:35 AM
i was hoping for 90 wins, but not after this ****-fest these last 8 games

dickallen15
09-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Nope, the pitching has completely collapsed. You can't win when you're in the hole 4-6 runs every day.
Fire Cooper.

soxfanatlanta
09-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Fire Cooper.

And their strength and conditioning coach :redneck

Red Barchetta
09-22-2010, 10:36 AM

Once the manager gives up, the players give up. See "Cubs and Lou Pinella 2010". :(:

DirtySox
09-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Probably.

On the bright side, the Sox are only 3 or so games away from moving from the 19th pick to the protected range of the 15th pick. Not that I expect the signing of a Type A free agent.

Domeshot17
09-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Probably.

On the bright side, the Sox are only 3 or so games away from moving from the 19th pick to the protected range of the 15th pick. Not that I expect the signing of a Type A free agent.

That would be huge. I know we don't ever make big splashes in FA, but if we did decide to pursue a Victor Martinez or Adam Dunn, that would be massive (and what a way to stick it to the Nats)

DirtySox
09-22-2010, 12:05 PM
That would be huge. I know we don't ever make big splashes in FA, but if we did decide to pursue a Victor Martinez or Adam Dunn, that would be massive (and what a way to stick it to the Nats)

It would be nice indeed, but I really think it's feasible that the Sox gain some picks through arbitration offerings. Konerko (A currently) and Putz (B) stand a great chance of being offered arbitration. I also think it's very likely AJ (A) is offered as well. The catching class isn't that great, and he's rebounded nicely. Someone will offer him a multi-year deal.

Obviously it's all contingent on them rejecting arbitration, but I think all 3 are seeking more than one year deals. Konerko will absolutely get a multi-year contract, and Putz has shown enough value and desires to close again. There is also little risk in offering arbitration to each, as there aren't too many better options out there and having them return at 1 year deals is perfectly acceptable.

The only reason to not offer arbitration is if the Sox can't afford said players to return at similar salaries.

I will be shocked if none of the 3 are offered arbitration.

Nellie_Fox
09-22-2010, 03:49 PM
It would be nice indeed, but I really think it's feasible that the Sox gain some picks through arbitration offerings. Konerko (A currently) and Putz (B) stand a great chance of being offered arbitration. I also think it's very likely AJ (A) is offered as well. The catching class isn't that great, and he's rebounded nicely. Someone will offer him a multi-year deal.

Obviously it's all contingent on them rejecting arbitration, but I think all 3 are seeking more than one year deals. Konerko will absolutely get a multi-year contract, and Putz has shown enough value and desires to close again. There is also little risk in offering arbitration to each, as there aren't too many better options out there and having them return at 1 year deals is perfectly acceptable.

The only reason to not offer arbitration is if the Sox can't afford said players to return at similar salaries.

I will be shocked if none of the 3 are offered arbitration.I hope they treat Konerko better than that. Get him re-signed.

DirtySox
09-22-2010, 03:53 PM
I hope they treat Konerko better than that. Get him re-signed.

They can offer him arbitration and still resign him if he declines.

Medford Bobby
09-22-2010, 04:13 PM
If they keep that spring training game line up like last night...yea...below:whiner:

Giv20
09-22-2010, 04:19 PM
How about will they finish in 2nd place or 3rd ?