PDA

View Full Version : If the Twins win tonight...

BlackAndWhite
09-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Would you rather the Sox end it in the middle of the night so that the Twins can't clinch on their home field tomorrow?

soltrain21
09-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Does it matter? I don't care if Twins fans get to celebrate or not. It was our team that completely **** the bed.

WhiteSox5187
09-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Would you rather the Sox end it in the middle of the night so that the Twins can't clinch on their home field tomorrow?

Absolutely. If the Twins win tonight I want the Sox game to go long into the night and lose.

doublem23
09-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Does it matter? I don't care if Twins fans get to celebrate or not. It was our team that completely **** the bed.

They've really only played extremely poorly since the season's essentially ended.

Nellie_Fox
09-21-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm not going to be petty about it. I don't care when the Twins clinch or how they get to celebrate.

soltrain21
09-21-2010, 10:58 AM
They've really only played extremely poorly since the season's essentially ended.

Well, and the first 2 months of the season. Really they played bad just as much as they played well. Definition of mediocrity.

doublem23
09-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Well, and the first 2 months of the season. Really they played bad just as much as they played well. Definition of mediocrity.

Splitting hairs here, but wouldn't that be the definition of "average" which is, by definition better than mediocrity?

LongLiveFisk
09-21-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't care one way or the other, hence the churros vote (which I never do!) :cool:

doublem23
09-21-2010, 11:13 AM
As for the OP's question, I am so burnt out on baseball right now, I don't give a ****. This season's been an emotional roller coaster and I feel like the team looks, spent. Baseball and I are going to need to take a few weeks off, maybe I'll get back into things for the LCS and World Series if there's some interesting matchups, but I don't want to watch or pay attention to it any more this season.

Wake me up when Spring Training starts. I'll be ready by then.

thomas35forever
09-21-2010, 11:39 AM
I'd rather the Twins clinch tonight. If they win, I'm guessing most of the fans at Target Field are not going to want to wait another 2 1/2 hours after the game ends to see if their team has won the division. Then again, what do I know?

BlackAndWhite
09-21-2010, 11:42 AM
I'd rather the Twins clinch tonight. If they win, I'm guessing most of the fans at Target Field are not going to want to wait another 2 1/2 hours after the game ends to see if their team has won the division. Then again, what do I know?

It's already been reported that the Twins won't stick around after their game tonight, win or lose.

kobo
09-21-2010, 11:44 AM
As for the OP's question, I am so burnt out on baseball right now, I don't give a ****. This season's been an emotional roller coaster and I feel like the team looks, spent. Baseball and I are going to need to take a few weeks off, maybe I'll get back into things for the LCS and World Series if there's some interesting matchups, but I don't want to watch or pay attention to it any more this season.

Wake me up when Spring Training starts. I'll be ready by then.
I feel pretty much the same. After witnessing last Tuesday's game in person I knew the race was over and have pretty much stopped paying attention to baseball. I'll probably watch a little of the playoffs when they start but otherwise I'm done with baseball until next year.

GoGoCrede
09-21-2010, 11:49 AM
I really don't care. I won't be watching the celebration anyway.

thomas35forever
09-21-2010, 12:13 PM
It's already been reported that the Twins won't stick around after their game tonight, win or lose.
I'm guessing because they have a day game tomorrow?

sox1970
09-21-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm guessing because they have a day game tomorrow?

Probably, plus they'll be able to let the fans celebrate after the game tomorrow with them instead of making them wait around for a clinching that might not happen tonight.

OmahaSoxFan
09-21-2010, 12:24 PM
I don't care one way or the other, hence the churros vote (which I never do!) :cool:

Same here, it doesn't really matter... baseball season is almost dead to me at this point - nothing like the Sox being 11 games out, and on a 7 game losing streak to kill my enthusiasm for anything MLB right now...

And **** the Twins :tongue:!

soxfanatlanta
09-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Nothing can beat a fresh churro, slathered with semi-sweet chocolate.

October26
09-21-2010, 01:44 PM
I really don't care. I won't be watching the celebration anyway.

+1... this is how I feel as well.

Sox
09-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Who cares about when or where the Twins clinch....I'm more disappointed about this season. I would like to see the Sox at least give their fullest effort to salvage the rest of the season. :mad:

Ex-Chicagoan
09-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Much less interested in the Twins than in us getting win #81. Just show me .500.