To quote a great man,
'What a ****load of ****.'
This season cannot end soon enough.

GoGoCrede
09-21-2010, 01:08 AM
Grrr. And my poor Gavin. :(:

kingpin_rcs
09-21-2010, 01:09 AM
Twins now enjoy largest lead in baseball.

Soxman219
09-21-2010, 01:09 AM
I didn't even know there was a game today

LongLiveFisk
09-21-2010, 01:10 AM
Wow, looking very lifeless now.

Oxygen, please....

JB98
09-21-2010, 01:13 AM
The 126-pitch outing Floyd had against Minnesota in mid-August killed his season. He hasn't looked right since.

The Sox pitching staff is in really, really bad shape. They'll be fortunate to win three or four of the remaining 12.

Oh, and the Sox still can't trust Linebrink in close games. He screws the pooch the majority of the time. And Walkerball still sucks. The annual September offensive fade continues.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-21-2010, 01:14 AM
Well, that's what happens when your rivals decide to play like .800 ball while we go on a 7-game slide. That lead tends to build really fast.

At this rate, the Tigers are poised to catch up to us.

Man, this season cannot ****ing end fast enough.

kittle42
09-21-2010, 01:18 AM
I really find this whole last month or so more funny and predictable than anything.

manders_01
09-21-2010, 01:23 AM
It's hard not to believe that these guys haven't just completely given up. Even when you're out of it, a win is a win, and they feel good. I hope these guys remember that soon!

WhiteSox5187
09-21-2010, 01:29 AM
The tragic number is down to two. A week ago today we had a chance at contending. What a change a week makes.

Rikirk
09-21-2010, 01:45 AM
Well...If the Twins win their game tomorrow and we lose, thats the end of this sorry situation.
I say go for it...no use prolonging the inevitable.

Hockey starts soon anyway.

guillensdisciple
09-21-2010, 01:51 AM
Ergh, at least we did not get blown out?

hawkjt
09-21-2010, 02:04 AM
The most depressing ballpark in baseball to begin with, add about 1500 fans ...wow, seems like a medieval dungeon ballyard in Oakland. The place just saps energy of our players even more than the current situation.

I watched most of this game and saw about 100 pitches with no contact,it seemed. Lots of swings and misses, and walks,and no real solid hits. Cept for Chris Carters...go figure...the guy is 0-33 and who comes to his rescue? Liney. Linebrink throws hard, but for some reason, my grandmother could hit him. He is almost out of the inning with two outs and bases clogged,and has Suzuki down 0-2...and throws him a belt-high fastball out over the plate and the .244 hitting suzuki gets his third hit of the nite and drives in two....mercy. How in the hell does this guy hit .244? He kills the Sox. He must hit .100 vs the rest of the league.

Ah crap...resistance is futile...its over...put us out of our misery.

hi im skot
09-21-2010, 02:06 AM
I didn't even know there was a game today

It's debatable that there actually was a game.

LITTLE NELL
09-21-2010, 05:29 AM
3rd place, here we come. This season is turning to ****.

white sox bill
09-21-2010, 07:23 AM
Lost track of everything, is it possible to finish sub-.500? One of the worst season endings in recent memory

soxfanatlanta
09-21-2010, 08:15 AM
This team is now 64-67 against the AL.

dwitt76
09-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Somebody should tell the white sox the season ends on October 3rd, not beginning of September.

palehozenychicty
09-21-2010, 09:13 AM
It's appropriate they are playing in that toilet bowl right now. I've never seen a Sox team quit like this. Ever. I wonder if they'll finish over .500 now. Shame on them.

As someone said, the Bulls and Blackhawks are coming. Plus, Bears-Wackers on Monday is a big one.

Procol Harum
09-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Hmmmmm, last week I put up a poll about how the Sox would finish the season. Maybe I should put up a new one about whether or not they'll win another game.

This is pretty brutal. In terms of both talent and character, it sho' don't present much of an argument against backing up at least a sizeable cargo van at the end of the year...

soltrain21
09-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Well, that's what happens when your rivals decide to play like .800 ball while we go on a 7-game slide. That lead tends to build really fast.

At this rate, the Tigers are poised to catch up to us.

Man, this season cannot ****ing end fast enough.

We've looked like complete **** in the second half no matter what the Twins have or haven't done.

Hitmen77
09-21-2010, 09:34 AM
The worst part was Floyd leaving with "tightness" in his shoulder. Ugh. I'll take the losses from here on out just as long as we don't get anymore injuries to our useful players.

This team has given up.... and the White Sox have a lot of tough questions to answer during the offseason about the make up of this team.

soltrain21
09-21-2010, 09:36 AM
The most depressing ballpark in baseball to begin with, add about 1500 fans ...wow, seems like a medieval dungeon ballyard in Oakland. The place just saps energy of our players even more than the current situation.

I watched most of this game and saw about 100 pitches with no contact,it seemed. Lots of swings and misses, and walks,and no real solid hits. Cept for Chris Carters...go figure...the guy is 0-33 and who comes to his rescue? Liney. Linebrink throws hard, but for some reason, my grandmother could hit him. He is almost out of the inning with two outs and bases clogged,and has Suzuki down 0-2...and throws him a belt-high fastball out over the plate and the .244 hitting suzuki gets his third hit of the nite and drives in two....mercy. How in the hell does this guy hit .244? He kills the Sox. He must hit .100 vs the rest of the league.

Ah crap...resistance is futile...its over...put us out of our misery.

Cmon. More ballpark excuses? Give me a break.

tstrike2000
09-21-2010, 09:41 AM
I didn't even know there was a game last night. Just 4 weeks ago we were all talking division title possibilities. Now, as of 9/21, some people are thinking the team may barely finish .500. Just, wow.

Hitmen77
09-21-2010, 09:54 AM
I didn't even know there was a game last night. Just 4 weeks ago we were all talking division title possibilities. Now, as of 9/21, some people are thinking the team may barely finish .500. Just, wow.

...even only a week ago the Sox were on pace to win 89 games and we were talking about 90 wins as a milestone. Wow, indeed. One week later, this team is plummeting toward 3rd place and looking at a "barely .500" finish.

By the way, they showed a shot of Oakland Colosseum during the Floyd injury break and it's amazing how empty that place is. I know the A's (and Sox) are out of it, but that looked really bad. Hawk was commenting about how something is going to have to give with the A's and their stadium/attendance woes.

wilburaga
09-21-2010, 11:10 AM
I don't know if it's cause and effect, but have we won a damned game all year when Bobby Jenks was unavailable? This does not bode well for next year.

09-21-2010, 11:24 AM
The worst part of this game was letting Boof Bonser get the win

Chez
09-21-2010, 11:41 AM
I don't know if it's cause and effect, but have we won a damned game all year when Bobby Jenks was unavailable? This does not bode well for next year.

I know Bobby is suffering from ulnar neuritis and is not available to pitch, but does anyone else find it odd that Bobby did not make the trip and Jake Peavy did?

doublem23
09-21-2010, 11:48 AM
I know Bobby is suffering from ulnar neuritis and is not available to pitch, but does anyone else find it odd that Bobby did not make the trip and Jake Peavy did?

Not really, Bobby might need to go back and forth to a doctor to monitor the progress of his injury. I don't know what Jake's rehab schedule is like, but likely, it can be done by the Sox medical team.

Chez
09-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Not really, Bobby might need to go back and forth to a doctor to monitor the progress of his injury. I don't know what Jake's rehab schedule is like, but likely, it can be done by the Sox medical team.

Maybe. But I got the impression from the articles I've read that the only "treatment" for Bobby's condition is rest. It's nothing more than rank speculation, but I just wonder if there's something more going on.

doublem23
09-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Maybe. But I got the impression from the articles I've read that the only "treatment" for Bobby's condition is rest. It's nothing more than rank speculation, but I just wonder if there's something more going on.

:dunno:

Could be a family thing, too. Remember Bobby's wife was real sick earlier this summer, maybe he's staying back to help out around the house knowing he's not going to play with this injury.

I haven't heard or read anything to indicate anything out of the ordinary, so I can't speculate. Frankly, it's bad enough watching their horse**** play on the field without worrying about any off the field drama.

soxfanatlanta
09-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Frankly, it's bad enough watching their horse**** play on the field without worrying about any off the field drama.

At this point, the off field drama is the only source of entertainment from this team.

October26
09-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Didn't stay up to watch the game last night; when I saw the final score this morning on mlb.com I wondered, will I get to see the Sox win another game this year?

I cannot believe how bad this team is playing right now and I'm especially sick of runners left on base. Every single one of our players is infected with the "I can't drive in a run disease." Awful.

Tragg
09-21-2010, 02:59 PM
ONce again Pena proves that he's best in starter/long roles than in short relief roles. Let's start the guy next week and see if we have something.
A team with this many holes can't afford 5 high priced starting pitcher.

Guillen's refusal to play Viciedo and Flowers is hurting this team. Why does Williams sanction it? Or is the idea to give them away in the offseson for more declining veterans.

Oh, and Gio, another one like Hudson and Richard we've been assured by the sages have "no value" threw 6 innings of 0 run, 7 strikeout ball. Nice one, Williams.

DirtySox
09-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Once again Pena proves that he's best in starter/long roles than in short relief roles. Let's start the guy next week and see if we have something.

Supposedly he will be pitching in the Dominican Winter League as a starter.

soxlady8
09-21-2010, 04:14 PM
The tragic number is down to two. A week ago today we had a chance at contending. What a change a week makes.

Well said -- Just be over baseball season , just be over now !!

GoGoCrede
09-21-2010, 04:39 PM
At this point, the off field drama is the only source of entertainment from this team.

It is, but it's also horribly embarrassing. See: Ozzie's comments about Nancy.

DickAllen72
09-21-2010, 05:20 PM
ONce again Pena proves that he's best in starter/long roles than in short relief roles. Let's start the guy next week and see if we have something.

Guillen's refusal to play Viciedo and Flowers is hurting this team.
I agree on starting Pena to see what we have.

Screw Flowers, but Viciedo should be starting every day either at 1B or DH and De Aza should be starting in RF most of the time the rest of the way.

KMcMahon817
09-21-2010, 05:28 PM

Guillen's refusal to play Viciedo and Flowers is hurting this team. Why does Williams sanction it? Or is the idea to give them away in the offseson for more declining veterans.

Oh, and Gio, another one like Hudson and Richard we've been assured by the sages have "no value" threw 6 innings of 0 run, 7 strikeout ball. Nice one, Williams.

I guess the Phillies GM is an idiot too? :scratch:

You have to give something to get something. Get over it.

ChiSoxGal85
09-21-2010, 05:32 PM
I cannot believe how bad this team is playing right now and I'm especially sick of runners left on base. Every single one of our players is infected with the "I can't drive in a run disease." Awful.

This...seriously!!!!

Stats people: where could I find stats by team on RISP, LOB and that sort of thing, but by month or by a specific timeframe? I looked at Yahoo stats, and it shows the Sox avg. ranks 4th in the majors with RISP but it is for the whole season. Perhaps the outstanding run in June/July has skewed it; to me, it sure feels like the Sox have failed big time in that department. Especially lately.

SI1020
09-21-2010, 05:41 PM

You have to give something to get something. Get over it. From my vantage point it appears that our esteemed GM is in somewhat of a losing streak.

Medford Bobby
09-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Obviously the team has tuned out Ozzie other wise......ah forget it!:angry:

Tragg
09-21-2010, 07:00 PM

You have to give something to get something. Get over it.
No, the Phillies are in the playoffs every year. That's the organization you are comparing to Williams and Guillen?
What did we get for Gio?
All 3 trades were bad. There's not a GM in baseball, other than Williams, that would prefer 1 year of Jackson to Dan Hudson.
Williams and Guillen need get this team fixed. Guillen needs "veterans" for the playoff push...nice one, Oz.
There's no reason for Viciedo and Flowers not to be playing. These veterans packed it in a month ago. Guillen rewards them for that.

Sunnydre
09-21-2010, 09:06 PM
This season can not end fast enough for me.

I'm happy about the summer - what a great time......but now these last two weeks, seem to be dragging.

I'm ready for it to end, so I can officially start to think about next season.