PDA

View Full Version : Colon traded to the Expos


Chisox_cali
06-27-2002, 07:32 PM
Damn! Did NOT see that coming.

FATOLO (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20020627&content_id=66009&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp)

Iguana775
06-27-2002, 07:41 PM
WHY IN THE HELL WOULD THE EXPOS WANT HIM???? they are playing decent this year but by no means are they a contender. you said it, chisox_cali, did not see that coming.

Chisox_cali
06-27-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
WHY IN THE HELL WOULD THE EXPOS WANT HIM???? they are playing decent this year but by no means are they a contender. you said it, chisox_cali, did not see that coming.

Well I thought the odds of Colon being traded were pretty high, but there was no way in hell I would have thought that the Expos would trade for him! I'm shocked the MLB let them do anything. :?:

Daver
06-27-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali


Well I thought the odds of Colon being traded were pretty high, but there was no way in hell I would have thought that the Expos would trade for him! I'm shocked the MLB let them do anything. :?:

They also traded away 2 of thier top three prospects,in Phillips and Sizemore.

Chisox_cali
06-27-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by daver


They also traded away 2 of thier top three prospects,in Phillips and Sizemore.

Well that's what the Jndjans want, prospects galore.

By the Way, Anyone know how to say Fat Bastard in French? :smile:

MisterB
06-27-2002, 08:09 PM
Well, the Expos talent sell-off has begun!

B.Phillips (AA) .327 avg 40 r 9 hr 35 rbi .380 obp .506 slg
Cliff Lee (AA) 7-2 3.23 era 86.1 ip 61 h 23 bb 105 so

Originally posted by Chisox_cali
By the Way, Anyone know how to say Fat Bastard in French? :smile:

That would be: Gros Bātard p./groh bah-TARD/

Jjav829
06-27-2002, 08:32 PM
That was certainly a shocker. Wow...

Good for the Expos though. Shoving it in Bud Selig's face.

kevingrt
06-27-2002, 08:35 PM
It shows how much the team that holds us to 3 runs and 1 runs need a pitcher, and also shows us how important winning is too us..

Daver
06-27-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
That was certainly a shocker. Wow...

Good for the Expos though. Shoving it in Bud Selig's face.

The Expos got took on this deal,it is the equivalent of the Sox trading Borchard,Crede,Malone,and Lee Evans for him.

Jjav829
06-27-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by daver


The Expos got took on this deal,it is the equivalent of the Sox trading Borchard,Crede,Malone,and Lee Evans for him.

Im not talking about who they're giving up. Im just talking about the fact that they're not sitting back waiting for contraction to happen. They're going out and making moves to make a run.

Daver
06-27-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829


Im not talking about who they're giving up. Im just talking about the fact that they're not sitting back waiting for contraction to happen. They're going out and making moves to make a run.

Or MLB is clearing out the best of the teams minor league system to make contraction easier.

Chisox_cali
06-27-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by daver


Or MLB is clearing out the best of the teams minor league system to make contraction easier.

I was just thinking that.

Jjav829
06-27-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by daver


Or MLB is clearing out the best of the teams minor league system to make contraction easier.

Could be. Though they didn't ship Mateo out.

Daver
06-27-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829


Could be. Though they didn't ship Mateo out.

The trade deadline is over a month away.Give it time.

jklm
06-27-2002, 08:54 PM
Do the Expos want Todd Ritchie?

CerberusWG
06-27-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by jklm
Do the Expos want Todd Ritchie?

ROFL! :D:

Foulke You
06-27-2002, 10:10 PM
Isn't it sad when the Montreal Expos are more aggressive in adding a veteran pitcher than the White Sox? THE EXPOS!!!

:KW
"We simply don't have the resources that clubs like the Expos have. I can't spend a dollar when all I have is a quarter."

Daver
06-27-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Isn't it sad when the Montreal Expos are more aggressive in adding a veteran pitcher than the White Sox? THE EXPOS!!!

:KW
"We simply don't have the resources that clubs like the Expos have. I can't spend a dollar when all I have is a quarter."

Give it a break,the Expos got taken to the cleaners on this deal.

WinningUgly!
06-27-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by daver


Give it a break,the Expos got taken to the cleaners on this deal.

Not if they will be contracted at season's end. :D: Kinda like a fantasy football owner in his last year in the league, who deals all of his draft picks away for his last shot at it...

VeeckAsInWreck
06-28-2002, 12:41 AM
Some may say that the Expos got taken to the cleaners on this one but only time will tell that. At least they are out there taking a chance. The late-great Bill Veeck once said "Rebuilding plans only lead to more rebuilding plans".
With that said, I would like to see some agressive trading taking place real soon. I love this team but they need some help. And if you don't think so then maybe your last name is Reinsdorf. As a weekend season ticket holder, I'm fed up with attendance being blamed for us not making a deal. Management should worry about the fans that it does have and not the ones that they don't. I didn't mean to rant guys. That's just the frustrated White Sox fan talking. Hope te see y'all on Sat. and Sun.

MisterB
06-28-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
Some may say that the Expos got taken to the cleaners on this one but only time will tell that. At least they are out there taking a chance.

Put into terms of the White Sox organization, Montreal just traded Carlos Lee, Joe Borchard, Corwin Malone and Andy Gonzalez for Colon, cash and a player to be named. If the Expos are around for the next few years, this is a bad deal.

With that said, I would like to see some agressive trading taking place real soon.

What? Wells, Lowe and Fogg for Ritchie wasn't agressive enough for you? KW has been aggressive in trades, he's just not good enough to make ones that work.

Mathew
06-28-2002, 04:46 AM
I say good for the 'spos. They are certainly a contender and I hope this does what they need. Lee Stevens sucks and that is the onlt Major Leager they gave up, the others have not shown anything yet and the Expos have for years been the farm team to the majors so why not make a run, Go Expos Go!

duke of dorwood
06-28-2002, 07:44 AM
Maybe we will get Colon in the dispersal draft

Soxboyrob
06-28-2002, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by daver


Give it a break,the Expos got taken to the cleaners on this deal.

The Expos don't care that they got took on this. They appear only to want to try to make some kind of run this season before their team is dissolved. I guess if they're trying to make a push for the playoffs, it's actually a good deal for the Expos.

hold2dibber
06-28-2002, 09:41 AM
Another interesting aspect of the deal is that the Tribe got Lee Stevens. This would seem to pave the way for a trade of Thome, who is a free agent at the end of the year and already makes big bucks. Why the hell do you want Lee Stevens if you're not going to trade Thome? So the question is, where will Thome be dealt. Boston and Atlanta seem to be the most obvious choices, but Atlanta says they can't add payroll and Boston's minor league system is pretty barren. It seems to me that the Angels would be a good fit (what with Scott Spiezo as their starting 1B), but I have no idea if they have the type of prospects needed to make it a go. Any thoughts?

Garrison
06-28-2002, 11:29 AM
The Expos want to win now. If they can make a decent run, they might show something like a last hurrah. They don't care about prospects and such, they have to win now. It might look like they got taken in this deal, but they got what they wanted. Colon has pitched very well this year. So how come if nobody will go to Expos games, they can still make trades and we can't?

doublem23
06-28-2002, 11:38 AM
Trust me, all of you who are whining why the Sox don't go make a bold move like this would be whining like crazy if the Sox did something this silly.