09-19-2010, 11:25 PM
ESPN is happy it's over.

Soxman219
09-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Manny is a waste of space out there

tdwiek
09-19-2010, 11:26 PM
ESPN is happy it's over.

Manny Ramirez is CLUTCH!! Amazing grand slam to walk it off and avoid the 4-game sweep!!

MtGrnwdSoxFan
Remember when we used to win?

God, that was fun.

DrCrawdad
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1pBxCPetqvE/Si37uRYTkPI/AAAAAAAAAhA/vzPuMBATW0U/s320/brett-favre-go-bears1.jpg

thomas35forever
Die 2010 season, die!

LongLiveFisk
Nice homestand.

:chunks

Bobotty13
What a nice way to end the homestand 0-6 with manny striking out with the bases loaded. Been the story of the last few weeks.

GoGoCrede
Nice homestand.

:chunks

Poor fans in attendance.

manders_01
09-19-2010, 11:27 PM
That would have hurt a lot less if they wouldn't have given us hope. :(:

DrCrawdad
09-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Poor fans in attendance.

Kudos to the Sox fans in attendance but also to the Sox fans hanging out here on a Sunday night following the Sox. Glad I don't have to work tomorrow.

soltrain21
09-19-2010, 11:28 PM
I can haz changes, plz?

ChiSoxGal85
09-19-2010, 11:29 PM
That's gotta be some kind of record for number LOB. :mad:

On the positive side, at least they came back in the 9th. Only to break our hearts in the 11th. Sigh.

GoGoCrede
Kudos to the Sox fans in attendance but also to the Sox fans hanging out here on a Sunday night following the Sox. Glad I don't have to work tomorrow.

Hey, anything to avoid homework (speaking of...I better go do some now).

Nelfox02
*** Danks.....quit driving down your trade value.....

Soxman219
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1pbxcpetqve/si37urytkpi/aaaaaaaaaha/vzpumbatw0u/s320/brett-favre-go-bears1.jpg

lol!

Noneck
What a nice way to end the homestand 0-6 with manny striking out with the bases loaded. Been the story of the last few weeks.

Not just striking out but watching a high meatball curve.

Johnny Mostil
09-19-2010, 11:30 PM
That game was a microcosm of the season: some initial promise, but then quickly seems hopeless, Sox make it exciting, fall behind again, and Manny, brought in late, can't save the day. Am I missing anything?

LongLiveFisk
09-19-2010, 11:31 PM
I can haz changes, plz?

I know I'm tired, but :scratch:?

soltrain21
09-19-2010, 11:32 PM

Somebody doesn't enjoy lolcats.

GoGoCrede
09-19-2010, 11:33 PM

Popular internet meme. :smile:

Wickel
09-19-2010, 11:34 PM
Giving up 6-run innings consistently now! Where did this come from. What a late season collapse. I just hope Kenny has a plan for the bullpen. Actually, I hope Reinsdorf has an exit plan for Kenny. Frustrating homestand to say the least.

GoGoCrede
09-19-2010, 11:34 PM

Do you really think they'd trade him?

guillensdisciple
09-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Countdown to pitchers and catchers begins soon.

Dick Allen
09-19-2010, 11:36 PM
It has to be pretty difficult for a major league team to leave that many men on base. You'd think they would drive some of those in by accident. As a matter of fact, the last run they scored was an accident (WP). And the way the Tigers scored the winning run just added to the barf bag.

SoxSpeed22
09-19-2010, 11:36 PM
http://www.se51.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/double_facepalm.jpeg
Even in 1999 and 2007, I could not remember a more disastrous homestand.

cleanwsox
09-19-2010, 11:38 PM
The least amount of walk off wins in the majors. Heck, we needed a wild pitch to tie it up. Oh well, at least we know Manny is worthless now.

LongLiveFisk
09-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Somebody doesn't enjoy lolcats.

Popular internet meme. :smile:

I just figured it was a typo. :tongue: :redface:

palehozenychicty
09-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Well, we have officially vanished in the air. Unbelievable collapse by this team, and I've been a Sox fan for 21 years. :(:

Frankfan4life
09-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Kudos to the Sox fans in attendance but also to the Sox fans hanging out here on a Sunday night following the Sox. Glad I don't have to work tomorrow.I agree. The fans who showed up and stayed until the bitter end deserve a lot of credit. I wish the Sox could have rewarded them with a win.

Doc Crawdad, I'll be darned, but your bases loaded scenario did, unfortunately, come to pass. It was indeed a fitting end to a miserable home stand. This game was our season in a nutshell! :(:

DrCrawdad
09-19-2010, 11:41 PM
That game was a microcosm of the season: some initial promise, but then quickly seems hopeless, Sox make it exciting, fall behind again, and Manny, brought in late, can't save the day. Am I missing anything?

The Sox production with runners on, especially bases loaded has to be terrible, at least since the All Star Break.

It has to be pretty difficult for a major league team to leave that many men on base. You'd think they would drive some of those in by accident. As a matter of fact, the last run they scored was an accident (WP). And the way the Tigers scored the winning run just added to the barf bag.

The Sox have a way too of getting the wrong production at the wrong time from the hitters.

At 10:05PM in the gamethread I posted this: (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2624457&postcount=38)

Can the Sox please load the bases and leave them as such to end the game just to put a exclamatory skid mark on this homestand?

WhiteSox5187
09-19-2010, 11:42 PM

If you think Danks was the problem tonight you're nuts.

I went to the game tonight (had great seats) and honestly, it was so bad it was funny.

Nelfox02
09-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Do you really think they'd trade him?

yes, I think its a possibility they will be forced to trade a starter to improve the line up, and given the contact/age/injury situations of the other 4.....I think him (less likely Gavin) may indeed be gone and they take a chance with Sale starting and peavy being healthy to go for spring....

mcsoxfan
09-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Giving up 6-run innings consistently now! Where did this come from. What a late season collapse. I just hope Kenny has a plan for the bullpen. Actually, I hope Reinsdorf has an exit plan for Kenny. Frustrating homestand to say the least.

New ownership is the only answer.
Until then, expect to go through this year after year.
I liked to see a young creative guy come in and turn this city upside down.
The baseball dollar in this city is up for grabs.
An elite team on the South Side of the city will change the dynamic.

Soxman219
09-19-2010, 11:48 PM
I've been watching Sox games since I was 5 and I've never seen a more heartless team than I do right now.:mad:

Nelfox02
09-19-2010, 11:51 PM

dont see ownership changing anytime soon.....I just hope someone has the brains to see to see the Twins have a chance to dominate this division for awhile.....and if the Sox keep up their current approach team building they will be leaving a lot money, and wins, on the table as the Twins will keep on owning us.....

Nelfox02
09-19-2010, 11:53 PM

I went to the game tonight (had great seats) and honestly, it was so bad it was funny.

he is not THE reason this game went the way it did, but his meltdown certainly was big part of the problem

Boondock Saint
09-19-2010, 11:56 PM

Is this all you ever post here? I swear, 80% of your posts on WSI are "Ownership/management needs to go".

Frankfan4life
09-20-2010, 12:01 AM

I went to the game tonight (had great seats) and honestly, it was so bad it was funny.Danks was indeed part of the problem and his pitching of late has been worrisome. But you are right, there is enough blame for tonight's fiasco to go around.

Sorry about your experience tonight, you deserved a better outcome.

VMSNS
09-20-2010, 12:07 AM
Are we going to win another game this season? I'm not quite sure.

Honestly, this team is so bad right now, it's almost funny. They've completely fallen off a cliff, beginning in August. Hopefully this collapse of epic proportions coupled with Ozzie's classless comments about Nancy will get his ass fired this offseason.

We need: a) new manager, b) new GM, and c) a team psychiatrist.

Hegewisch
09-20-2010, 12:07 AM
As I watched the 9th, my hopes suddenly got up. Then even into the 10th. During the 11th I stayed tune as I thought we would come back again. My heart was broken.:whiner: Again. I don't want to end the season like this...................:mad:

Please White Sox,

Win Some Games !!!!!!!!!!:redface:

SoxandtheCityTee
09-20-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm just going to continue to focus on Manny, not that it's all his fault obviously, but it's just amazing how bad he looks. What a bust.

captain54
09-20-2010, 12:35 AM

somethings gotta give, because now we are probably becoming the laughingstock of MLB after being embarrassed on national TV by leaving 21 guys on base....I dont' think I've ever seen that and I've been watching baseball a long, long time.

the hard part to swallow in all of this is that, the Sox had their chance to become one of the dominant, elite teams in MLB after 2005, and now its gone...the further away we get from 2005, the more its gonna seem like 2005 was a fluke.

I'm made my peace with the ownership of the White Sox, but as time goes by its becoming more and more obvious that whatever approach is being implemented is not working...everyone can see brights spots on the horizon, but is it enough to really complete with the Twins, who now are officially the class of the division...? Are there too many holes to patch for next year, or is it just a matter of some fine tuning and some release of dead weight? or has the Reinsdorf era finally run its course?

c'mon on all you positive, 'everything's fine relax and have fun" Sox fans....work your magic on me..

Rikirk
09-20-2010, 12:37 AM
All one can really do is laugh...
Hell,...If I werent laughing right now, id be crying.

Blow up this entire GD organization right now.:whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag:

LoveYourSuit
09-20-2010, 12:40 AM
I don't know how one can say anything positive about this team right now.

They are playing like dogs, they have mailed it in. Very sad to see.

Heads need to roll this Winter, enough is enough. :angry:

Rikirk
09-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Oh yeah....I forgot to say it.

Manny is a friggin BUM!!!!

Tragg
09-20-2010, 07:37 AM
Whoever scouted Teahen should be fired.

Be sure to keep Viciedo and Flowers on your bench, Oz.

October26
09-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Another "rip your heart out" game from the White Sox last night. What a horrific homestand. :mad: I've been a Sox fan a long time and have been disappointed many times before, but wow - I am emotionally spent right now. :(:

Dan H
09-20-2010, 07:50 AM

But he sure does have a great on base percentage! Does this mean the Sox won't win 90 this year?

SI1020
09-20-2010, 08:27 AM
But he sure does have a great on base percentage! Does this mean the Sox won't win 90 this year? I'm wondering if they'll win 80.

Ex-Chicagoan
09-20-2010, 08:46 AM
Spent the weekend in the woods. Looks like I didn't miss anything.

doublem23
09-20-2010, 08:50 AM
c'mon on all you positive, 'everything's fine relax and have fun" Sox fans....work your magic on me..

The season's over. Last night's game meant nothing. Who gives a ****?

WhiteSox1989
09-20-2010, 09:14 AM
It is what it is.

Yes, that's the most "nothing" statement ever, but whatever. I'll be happy if they could scrape out a couple more wins, going to Oakland and LA and then coming home to Boston..don't know how possible that is.

Hitmen77
09-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Instead of the "puking" smilie, I'll go with this one: :anon:

All I have to say is:
- This team has given up and is reverting to how they were in April and May.
- All those LOBs are just typical White Sox these last few years.
- This team has had a problem with under performing since July 2006. 2008 was the anomaly and even then they had to pull out a miracle finish after blowing a 6.5 game lead over the Twins.

Ozzie is great at ripping on Nancy Faust, but he hasn't been able to manage a good-performing team (outside of a few hot streaks) in a long time.

Hitmen77
09-20-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm wondering if they'll win 80.

At this rate, we heading for a 3rd place finish.

tstrike2000
09-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Oh yeah....I forgot to say it.

Manny is a friggin BUM!!!!

A lot of people are doggin Manny, some of it justifiably. However, he's not one of the pitchers that's gotten shelled during this losing streak.

DrCrawdad
09-20-2010, 10:00 AM
A lot of people are doggin Manny, some of it justifiably. However, he's not one of the pitchers that's gotten shelled during this losing streak.

I wonder where the Sox rank with LOB? Stat-heads, puh-leeze.

kittle42
09-20-2010, 10:28 AM
If losing most of the remaining games assures a bye, bye for Ozzie and/or Kenny, then go, opponents!

Nellie_Fox
09-20-2010, 10:32 AM
A lot of people are doggin Manny, some of it justifiably.SOME of it??? He's contributed exactly nothing.

soxfanatlanta
09-20-2010, 10:33 AM
If losing most of the remaining games assures a bye, bye for Ozzie and/or Kenny, then go, opponents!

I don't think that will happen. On the other hand, if losing the rest of the season can get rid of Teahan and Linebrink...:wink:

doublem23
09-20-2010, 10:47 AM
SOME of it??? He's contributed exactly nothing.

Nothing > Kotsay

captain54
09-20-2010, 10:59 AM
The season's over. Last night's game meant nothing. Who gives a ****?

that's a pretty uninformed statement....I thnk there are a lot of fans who still actually give a #### ...including me....and all those people that paid to go the park and watch a big league team.

tstrike2000
09-20-2010, 11:10 AM
SOME of it??? He's contributed exactly nothing.

Of course there's plenty of blame to go around. The situational hitting has been garbage, but how many runs would it have taken to win some of these games? Not counting these losses to the Tigers, didn't the pitching staff give up like 30 earned runs against the Twins?

kittle42
09-20-2010, 11:20 AM
that's a pretty uninformed statement....I thnk there are a lot of fans who still actually give a #### ...including me....and all those people that paid to go the park and watch a big league team.

You really must have been disappointed when you didn't see one.

doublem23
09-20-2010, 11:21 AM

Cool story, bro.

Everything's fine. Relax.

russ99
09-20-2010, 12:09 PM
With the epic amount of LOB's this team has put up in the last week, maybe we'll get our wish and see Walker canned...

captain54
09-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Cool story, bro.

Everything's fine. Relax.

I feel so much better now...thanks, bro

Nelfox02
09-20-2010, 12:30 PM
maybe we'll get our wish and see Walker canned...

sure hope he is not the only one gone....

guillensdisciple
09-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Manny sure does see a lot of curve's right down the middle for strike outs...

JB98
09-20-2010, 12:37 PM
With the epic amount of LOB's this team has put up in the last week, maybe we'll get our wish and see Walker canned...

<JB crosses his fingers and hopes.> The mental approach to hitting with this team has been broken for four years. Same pattern -- cold April and May, make excuses about weather and "trying to do too much," get hot in June and July to save Walk's job, tank under the pressure in August and September. Again, we're "trying to do too much" in clutch situations. Happens every year. No one is accountable for it.

At least I'll always be able to say I attended a game where the Sox left 21 men on base.

All that said, poor pitching is probably the biggest reason for the losing streak. The entire staff looks gassed to me. Starters can't get deep into ballgames anymore. Relievers cannot get key outs. A lot of have runs were given up in the seventh inning or later during this miserable homestand.

doublem23
09-20-2010, 12:40 PM
I feel so much better now...thanks, bro

What the hell do you want? Did you actually walk into the park yesterday for a game between two teams 9 and 14 GB with 2 weeks left in the season expecting some exciting, rip-roaring baseball?

The season's over, the players know it, just deal with it. But acting as if the past week of bad ball somehow completely negates the last several months of well above average baseball is silly, reactionary nonsense.

The Sox played well and fought hard for big chunks of this season. They're just out of gas.

captain54
09-20-2010, 12:55 PM
What the hell do you want? .

wow....just wow.....these guys are paid big big money to play baseball...that's all they do....just play a full damn season...that's
what I want.

sure would be nice to experience at least ONE season where the Sox rocked it to close out the year...it's getting old...With the exception of the three wins against three different teams to close out the 2008 season, I can't really remember one, can you?

if you're ok with the Sox blowing a division lead with 6 weeks left in the season, and ending up 10 + back, then we are obviously on two different wavelengths.

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Are we going to win another game this season? I'm not quite sure.

Honestly, this team is so bad right now, it's almost funny. They've completely fallen off a cliff, beginning in August. Hopefully this collapse of epic proportions coupled with Ozzie's classless comments about Nancy will get his ass fired this offseason.

I disagree with "c". My dad's friend is the psychiatrist and this is not on him. I will say this, White Sox mgmt sucks people just don't see it. It goes even farther than the W-L ratio. I'll leave it at that.

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-20-2010, 01:08 PM
<JB crosses his fingers and hopes.> The mental approach to hitting with this team has been broken for four years. Same pattern -- cold April and May, make excuses about weather and "trying to do too much," get hot in June and July to save Walk's job, tank under the pressure in August and September. Again, we're "trying to do too much" in clutch situations. Happens every year. No one is accountable for it.

At least I'll always be able to say I attended a game where the Sox left 21 men on base.

All that said, poor pitching is probably the biggest reason for the losing streak. The entire staff looks gassed to me. Starters can't get deep into ballgames anymore. Relievers cannot get key outs. A lot of have runs were given up in the seventh inning or later during this miserable homestand.

...So the White Sox are bad and have been and prob will be.

doublem23
09-20-2010, 01:11 PM
wow....just wow.....these guys are paid big big money to play baseball...that's all they do....just play a full damn season...that's
what I want.

sure would be nice to experience at least ONE season where the Sox rocked it to close out the year...it's getting old...With the exception of the three wins against three different teams to close out the 2008 season, I can't really remember one, can you?

That's... a trick question, right?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/222/966/WhiteSox2005_display_image.jpg?1273595478

if you're ok with the Sox blowing a division lead with 6 weeks left in the season, and ending up 10 + back, then we are obviously on two different wavelengths.

No, I'm not happy about it, but I don't also see things in shades of only black and white. The Sox, IMO, had a good year this year and overcame a lot of ****, and played pretty entertaining baseball almost all the way to the bitter end. They've played good baseball for most of the season, but overcoming their terrible start seems to have gassed them. They just don't have much left in the tank and considering these games are meaningless, whatever, I don't care much.

The Sox haven't played their best ball as of late, but the main reason they're going to finish around 10 games out of 1st is because the Twins have been unconscious in the 2nd half. They're 43-18 since the All-Star Break. Not many teams are going to be able to hang around that.

It is what it is. This was a flawed team going into the year that overacheived and had some fun. Get 'em next summer.

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-20-2010, 01:19 PM
I am not a believer that if you win more than you lose, that is good enough. 2006 pisses the **** outta me. I would much rather be just **** or good. If I am not the Yankees I wanna be KC because I know where I stand.

doublem23
09-20-2010, 01:20 PM
If I am not the Yankees I wanna be KC because I know where I stand.

That is a ridiculous attitude. The Sox are never going to be the Yankees, why do you even bother watching baseball and/or just become a Yankees fan?

09-20-2010, 01:23 PM
I disagree with "c". My dad's friend is the psychiatrist and this is not on him. I will say this, White Sox mgmt sucks people just don't see it. It goes even farther than the W-L ratio. I'll leave it at that.

We have a team psychiatrist?

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-20-2010, 01:23 PM
That is a ridiculous attitude. The Sox are never going to be the Yankees, why do you even bother watching baseball and/or just become a Yankees fan?

Because I believe the White Sox COULD win the ALC more often if they wanted to. 2005 gives me a headache. We did all these "changes". It worked. Then, what happened. I really thought 2005 was going to be the start of something. Now we get old players who are really done and young guys who are not ready. Why can't we get guys who are good, not big names but play the game hard and have shown they are not a fluke?

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-20-2010, 01:24 PM
We have a team psychiatrist?

Yes. He does both Sox and Bulls.

Nellie_Fox
09-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Because I believe the White Sox COULD win the ALC more often if they wanted to. You think they don't want to? Why would they not want to?

doublem23
09-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Because I believe the White Sox COULD win the ALC more often if they wanted to. 2005 gives me a headache. We did all these "changes". It worked. Then, what happened. I really thought 2005 was going to be the start of something. Now we get old players who are really done and young guys who are not ready. Why can't we get guys who are good, not big names but play the game hard and have shown they are not a fluke?

You realize, a big reason the Sox won in 2005 is because some important guys had fluke years that season, right?

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-20-2010, 01:26 PM
You think they don't want to? Why would they not want to?

Obviously they want to. I just think they go about it the wrong way. I wanna get good grades I just do not study as much as I should. Same thing.

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-20-2010, 01:29 PM
You realize, a big reason the Sox won in 2005 is because some important guys had fluke years that season, right?

This is true for some. The BP is the biggest thing. Pods, maybe. 2009, when he was here we played better. Iguchi was okay in 2006. Dye was BETTER in 2006. In 2006 we went back to 2004 in my mind. Now because we got Thome but we traded an all round guy like Rowand then play blah players in CF. Other than the BP and Javy, we should of done better in 2006. I liked the 2007 team on paper. 2008 I laugh at. All the guys who did their part people hate (Swish, O-Cab, Javy). Other than CQ, these guys did help even if people hate them.

captain54
09-20-2010, 01:31 PM
That's... a trick question, right?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/222/966/WhiteSox2005_display_image.jpg?1273595478

I'm talking about the last couple of months of the regular season...2005 could have been an epic collapse if it were not for a Joe Crede HR..

The Sox haven't played their best ball as of late, but the main reason they're going to finish around 10 games out of 1st is because the Twins have been unconscious in the 2nd half. .

that's not the main reason...the main reason is because the pitching imploded and the offense was inconsistent, especially with RISP...even with the Twins playing at that pace, with a little more consistency on the Sox part, this season could have gone down to the last few games.

that's as disappointing as hell to me....to you, not so much I guess...to each their own

russ99
09-20-2010, 01:37 PM
I can't see how anyone wouldn't be disappointed as to how the last week and a half has gone down.

All the comments about this being a flawed team are justified, but the part that really hurts is that our pitching fell apart completely.

Going on the west coast for a week is probably best for the team and the fans, and let's at least close out the season on a high note.

guillensdisciple
09-20-2010, 02:10 PM
The poster has a point. There is nothing worse in life and in sports than being stuck in the middle.

Think about it- suppose you suck that means that year after year you go with the knowledge of being bad and not really expecting much. When you win, it's pure bliss and when you lose- well it's just another day in the life.

If you're in the middle, you're stuck. You're torn to the seams every year with what ifs and what could have beens. You're stuck playing out scenarios that could have given you a win or two more, that could have turned the season around. You're frustrated and you feel like you're so close but never there. This is the White Sox, a frustrating middle of the run team for the past decade.

The best teams, of course, well those teams you don't have to worry about and those franchises are the ones that you can just let live without worrying too much. Even during down years you know that something will work sooner or later.

LITTLE NELL
09-20-2010, 02:39 PM
You think they don't want to? Why would they not want to?

The organization wants to win but they want it on a budget to win 85 games or so and then hope that a bunch of guys will have career seasons to push the win total in the low 90s.
I'm wondering how much of the budget goes to the minor leagues for scouting and player development.

kittle42
09-20-2010, 03:01 PM
The organization wants to win but they want it on a budget to win 85 games or so and then hope that a bunch of guys will have career seasons to push the win total in the low 90s.

And here is my problem with this organization for much of the past decade, even in 2005.

Rikirk
09-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Can we get Joe Crede back?

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Can we get Joe Crede back?

Can Joe Crede get Joe Crede's back back? If so, I won't have a problem with welcoming Joe Crede and his back back.

soxlady8
09-20-2010, 03:20 PM
The poster has a point. There is nothing worse in life and in sports than being stuck in the middle.

Think about it- suppose you suck that means that year after year you go with the knowledge of being bad and not really expecting much. When you win, it's pure bliss and when you lose- well it's just another day in the life.

If you're in the middle, you're stuck. You're torn to the seams every year with what ifs and what could have beens. You're stuck playing out scenarios that could have given you a win or two more, that could have turned the season around. You're frustrated and you feel like you're so close but never there. This is the White Sox, a frustrating middle of the run team for the past decade.

The best teams, of course, well those teams you don't have to worry about and those franchises are the ones that you can just let live without worrying too much. Even during down years you know that something will work sooner or later.

Well said Guillen.
I so agree.
It broke my heart this morning to see them lose ... actually heart has been broken for awhile -
I cannot wait for this season to be over , I am swamped with work this new school year and I really need to focus on it . This team has sucked up so much energy out of me lately.

soxlady8
09-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Psychiatrists are the people who prescribe meds .
Psychologists are the ones that people listen to for advice.

Not sure exactly who they have , but Prozac or Adderall might be a nice addition for the slump LOL !!

doublem23
09-20-2010, 03:41 PM
that's not the main reason...the main reason is because the pitching imploded and the offense was inconsistent, especially with RISP...even with the Twins playing at that pace, with a little more consistency on the Sox part, this season could have gone down to the last few games.

that's as disappointing as hell to me....to you, not so much I guess...to each their own

And what about the big chunk of the season in which we had lights out pitching, a devastating bullpen, and a good-to-great offense? Doesn't that count for anything? You realize that if you back to June, the Sox have one of the best 2-3 records in all of baseball, right? There's been a significant part of this season the Sox played very, very good baseball. You're trying to paint this season as some kind of catastrophic failure because they ran out of steam a bit short of the finish line. Sorry, that's just not the way I see things. The Twins aren't just playing good, they're playing unbelievably good. They're playing at a .700 clip since the All-Star Break. Few teams can keep up with that. You want to nail the Sox to the cross because they can't play at a historically high level, be my guest, but it's pretty obvious right now that they are just a better team than we are. That doesn't make this year a total failure. There's still a lot of reasons to be hopeful going into 2011.

doublem23
09-20-2010, 03:49 PM

Well said Guillen.
I so agree.
It broke my heart this morning to see them lose ... actually heart has been broken for awhile -
I cannot wait for this season to be over , I am swamped with work this new school year and I really need to focus on it . This team has sucked up so much energy out of me lately.

What a bunch of crybaby horse****. Oh, I don't like losing, it hurts to much, bla bla bla. Newflash. Life is hard. Baseball is hard. Deal with it or go be a bandwagon Yankee/Red Sawx fan. If you think the all the heartache and dissapointment isn't rewarded a million times over when they win instead of just sitting around, not caring, then I think you're crazy.

CLUBHOUSE KID

Thank you. I am glad someone else realizes what I see or at least shows it.

doublem23
Thank you. I am glad someone else realizes what I see or at least shows it.

:violin:

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-20-2010, 03:51 PM
What a bunch of crybaby horse****. Oh, I don't like losing, it hurts to much, bla bla bla. Newflash. Life is hard. Baseball is hard. Deal with it or go be a bandwagon Yankee/Red Sawx fan. If you think the all the heartache and dissapointment isn't rewarded a million times over when they win instead of just sitting around, not caring, then I think you're crazy.

The team is on the boarder every year it seems. They are one or two moves away from being good and not blah.

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-20-2010, 03:52 PM
:violin:

And obviously you don't. This thread is dumb for me to post in if I am going to get this attitude. Keep rooting for a team that plays 162 games just to do and be okay with it then.

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Psychiatrists are the people who prescribe meds .
Psychologists are the ones that people listen to for advice.

Not sure exactly who they have , but Prozac or Adderall might be a nice addition for the slump LOL !!

Then you could say he is the "psychologist". Bulls/White Sox players and coaches come to him to talk and get advice.

vinny
09-20-2010, 03:59 PM
I wonder where the Sox rank with LOB? Stat-heads, puh-leeze.
By a lot of measures, they're not actually horrible this season. In the AL, they are third-lowest in team LOB (Detroit is the worst in the AL in this category). They are 4th from the bottom in overall GIDP, but the Twins are worst in the AL. If you count all baserunners whenever we had a plate appearance, 15% of those baserunners have scored, which is right in the middle of the pack (just above the Twins, in fact).

All this points to us being an average team this season, with some good streaks and some bad streaks. For a while, we exceeded expectations, and when the law of averages brought us crashing back to earth this month, it was painful.

doublem23
09-20-2010, 04:02 PM
And obviously you don't. This thread is dumb for me to post in if I am going to get this attitude. Keep rooting for a team that plays 162 games just to do and be okay with it then.

Obviously you've missed my point. If you'd rather win 60-70 games per season and perpetually finish dead last in the division rather than win 80-90 games per year and finish 2nd or 3rd because "there's too much heartache," then yeah, I will disagree with your sentiment.

Losing sucks. Losing more doesn't make it any easier.

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Obviously you've missed my point. If you'd rather win 60-70 games per season and perpetually finish dead last in the division rather than win 80-90 games per year and finish 2nd or 3rd because "there's too much heartache," then yeah, I will disagree with your sentiment.

I would rather know where I stand more-so every year then in the middle and have false hope. I know we disagree I am just saying how I feel.

doublem23
09-20-2010, 04:16 PM
I would rather know where I stand more-so every year then in the middle and have false hope. I know we disagree I am just saying how I feel.

Well, we know we're better than the Royals, doesn't that count for something?

downstairs
09-20-2010, 04:16 PM
The combined total of all players' LOB was 33 compared to Detroit's 6. Wow. 33 chances blown.

hi im skot
09-20-2010, 04:17 PM

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/sschaaf/tumblr_l4bvd33rb71qzn2xwo1_400.gif?t=1285017418

This post is awesome.

hi im skot
09-20-2010, 04:18 PM

Based on all the moping around on the board, maybe the Sox should replace Nancy Faust with Bright Eyes records on repeat.

captain54
09-20-2010, 04:26 PM
And what about the big chunk of the season in which we had lights out pitching, a devastating bullpen, and a good-to-great offense? .

maybe we we watching two different teams because I don't remember that being the case for a big chunk of the season...but, whatever

The Twins aren't just playing good, they're playing unbelievably good. They're playing at a .700 clip since the All-Star Break. Few teams can keep up with that..

again, the Sox could have kept up with that, had their leaky bullpen and hot and cold cold offense not given away about 6 or 7 games...the same bullpen and offense that you claim was outstanding for a "big chunk of the season"

That doesn't make this year a total failure. There's still a lot of reasons to be hopeful going into 2011.

that's not really how sports and competition work. According to you, the Red Sox should have been happy in 86' when they were a heartbeat away from a championship and they blew a chance to beat the Mets after Buckner let the ball roll through his legs...

"hey, look at it this way, we got to the World Series..it's not that bad"

Tragg
09-20-2010, 04:36 PM
It was also great to see Guillen clowning and cat-calling in the dugout all night long.
It's a happy dugout for Oz and what the heck else matters?

kufram
09-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2624970#post2624970)
And what about the big chunk of the season in which we had lights out pitching, a devastating bullpen, and a good-to-great offense? .

maybe we we watching two different teams because I don't remember that being the case for a big chunk of the season...but, whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2624970#post2624970)
The Twins aren't just playing good, they're playing unbelievably good. They're playing at a .700 clip since the All-Star Break. Few teams can keep up with that..

again, the Sox could have kept up with that, had their leaky bullpen and hot and cold cold offense not given away about 6 or 7 games...the same bullpen and offense that you claim was outstanding for a "big chunk of the season"

Quote:
That doesn't make this year a total failure. There's still a lot of reasons to be hopeful going into 2011.

that's not really how sports and competition work. According to you, the Red Sox should have been happy in 86' when they were a heartbeat away from a championship and they blew a chance to beat the Mets after Buckner let the ball roll through his legs...

"hey, look at it this way, we got to the World Series..it's not that bad"

That ball through Buckner's legs didn't make it a bad year for him or the Red Sox... it was a bad play at a horrible time... but there was plenty for them to be proud of that year.

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster And treat those two impostors just the same:

Sometimes you just have to take the rough with the smooth and look for the positive hard before you can see. MM is right.

captain54
09-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Sometimes you just have to take the rough with the smooth and look for the positive hard before you can see. MM is right.

tell that to all those heartbroken Red Sox fans who probably still remember the misery of that series 25 or so years later

hi im skot
09-20-2010, 05:16 PM
tell that to all those heartbroken Red Sox fans who probably still remember the misery of that series 25 or so years later

Now most of them are insufferable assclowns.

Boo ****ing hoo.

kufram
09-20-2010, 05:39 PM

Don't need to... the smart ones think about when they won it.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Now most of them are insufferable assclowns.

Boo ****ing hoo.

+1. They're the most obnoxious fanbase in MLB. People felt good to see them win in '04, but then they became this clique of pretentious, holier-than-thou twits, to the point where I felt dirty for having rooted them on that year.

SI1020
09-20-2010, 07:49 PM
+1. They're the most obnoxious fanbase in MLB. People felt good to see them win in '04, but then they became this clique of pretentious, holier-than-thou twits, to the point where I felt dirty for having rooted them on that year. I'm sorry I don't agree with that. Long time die hard Red Sox fans are among the best in baseball. The problem was after the Red Sox finally cashed in and won the big one they attracted some of the worst bandwagoners in the history of American professional sports. The Red Sox version of the Cubs Chads and Trixies. Old time Red Sox fans from my generation and the one after that are some of the best I've ever come across. Many of them know not only their team's history but yours too. Ask the new wave Red Sox fans about Malzone, Monbo, Petrocelli and Tony C and you get a vacant stare. Traditional Red Sox fans are a victim of their team's success.

ChiSoxGirl
09-20-2010, 08:05 PM
Last night's TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=4057); better late than never! 7:05p starts on Sunday nights during the school year aren't conducive for teachers who have 5:30 wake-ups the next day.

And here's Eeyore....

http://www.cartoondepot.com/pages/img/disney/sc/eeyore.jpg
[/URL][URL="http://www.cartoondepot.com/pages/img/disney/sc/eeyore.jpg"] (http://www.cartoondepot.com/pages/img/disney/sc/eeyore.jpg)

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-20-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm sorry I don't agree with that. Long time die hard Red Sox fans are among the best in baseball. The problem was after the Red Sox finally cashed in and won the big one they attracted some of the worst bandwagoners in the history of American professional sports. The Red Sox version of the Cubs Chads and Trixies. Old time Red Sox fans from my generation and the one after that are some of the best I've ever come across. Many of them know not only their team's history but yours too. Ask the new wave Red Sox fans about Malzone, Monbo, Petrocelli and Tony C and you get a vacant stare. Traditional Red Sox fans are a victim of their team's success.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule. Unfortunately, those traditional "good" fans have been overwhelmed in the public eye by all the filth-spewing hooligans who probably followed the Yankees until after Game 7 of the 2004 ALCS.

EVERY team has good fans....yes, even the Cubs. But the bigger the fanbase, the more likely there will be annoying twits leading the charge.

russ99
09-20-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm sorry I don't agree with that. Long time die hard Red Sox fans are among the best in baseball. The problem was after the Red Sox finally cashed in and won the big one they attracted some of the worst bandwagoners in the history of American professional sports. The Red Sox version of the Cubs Chads and Trixies. Old time Red Sox fans from my generation and the one after that are some of the best I've ever come across. Many of them know not only their team's history but yours too. Ask the new wave Red Sox fans about Malzone, Monbo, Petrocelli and Tony C and you get a vacant stare. Traditional Red Sox fans are a victim of their team's success.

Agree, but best in baseball is a bit of a stretch.

It was an eye opener that regular fans at Fenway are a very different group than the traveling circus of douchebags that come to our ballpark every year.

I had some very good conversations about the White Sox and Red Sox before and during the game I went to a week and a half ago, they're friendly, knowlegable, and follow the game the same way the hardcore White Sox fans do.

Now only if they can drop the idiotic Neil Diamond song... :rolleyes:

Gavin
09-20-2010, 10:00 PM
When do I get my 2005 WS ring in the mail?