PDA

View Full Version : What R-A-Y-S Really Means...

Red Barchetta
09-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Saw a guy wearing a nice Tampa Bay Rays T-shirt today. On the the back it had the following printed:

R = Red Sox
A = and
Y = Yankees
S = Suck

I thought it was funny! :tongue:

LongLiveFisk
09-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Creative. I like it! :D:

VenturaFan23
09-19-2010, 09:35 PM
They're the only team that stands up against the two evil empires every year recently, so that's why I've come to like them after the Sox. Plus I have a man crush on Longoria.

GoGoCrede
09-19-2010, 09:41 PM
I love the Rays.

soxlady8
09-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Go RAYS !!!
I am ready to support them full on in the playoffs !!

chisoxfanatic
09-19-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm hoping for a Cincinnati/Tampa World Series.

SephClone89
09-19-2010, 10:39 PM
If the Giants don't make the playoffs, I'll be Tampa all the way.

gogosox675
09-19-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm hoping for a Cincinnati/Tampa World Series.

It would be a great series, but that's a ratings nightmare.

GoGoCrede
09-19-2010, 11:33 PM

Eh. I would watch, because those are two good teams and it would definitely be a showdown. I'd much rather have them than the likes of the Yankees/Red Sox, no matter how much of a ratings draw it may be.

gogosox675
09-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Eh. I would watch, because those are two good teams and it would definitely be a showdown. I'd much rather have them than the likes of the Yankees/Red Sox, no matter how much of a ratings draw it may be.

I would definitely watch too, I'm just saying that unless that was a terrific series that the ratings would be all you hear about, which is sad.

gogosox675
09-19-2010, 11:46 PM
On that note, go Rays! haha

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-20-2010, 02:10 AM
Rays/Rockies World Series!

I'd root for Colorado, but I wouldn't have a problem with Tampa winning.

C-Dawg
09-20-2010, 08:41 AM

All the more reason to love it, in my opinion. I love it when Fox / ESPN etc are panicing over bad ratings.

kjhanson
09-20-2010, 12:24 PM
They're the only team that stands up against the two evil empires every year recently, so that's why I've come to like them after the Sox. Plus I have a man crush on Longoria.

Huh? They finished 19 games out last year, won the division the year before and finished 30 games out the year before that. Their success is relatively mild.

Goose
09-20-2010, 02:55 PM

Why should anyone care? Unless, of course, you own a TV station...

The Yanks/Red Sox TV Ratings bull**** is man made. It was spawned by ESPN and marketed brilliantly (much like the Cubs and Wrigley Field). If other teams make the playoffs, eventually things will get back to normal.

beasly213
09-20-2010, 03:24 PM
I didn't mind the Rays till I took in a playoff game there in 08. Their "Fans" are some of the most obnoxious people I have ever met. Those stupid cowbells, claiming they have been fans all along, shouting obsenities at me etc.

Those "fans" don't deserve a winner. I'll be rooting for the Yankees this October.

Red Barchetta
09-20-2010, 04:21 PM
I didn't mind the Rays till I took in a playoff game there in 08. Their "Fans" are some of the most obnoxious people I have ever met. Those stupid cowbells, claiming they have been fans all along, shouting obsenities at me etc.

Those "fans" don't deserve a winner. I'll be rooting for the Yankees this October.

The cowbell thing got really out of hand. As a local, I average about 25 Rays games each season and I make all the games when the SOX are in town. They are a fun team to watch, however they do have fair-weather fans.

I usually hit Fergs afterwards while I wait for the traffic to clear and when we went there after the 2008 playoff games, the fans were ruthless to us wearing SOX gear. Usually, I let that type of stuff just bounce off me, however there was this one, over-served "lady" that kept getting in our face. I finally asked her to name 5 other Rays players besides Evan Langoria and she couldn't do it. After I told her that I probably went to more Rays games that season than the local "fans" I then suggested that she made sure to keep her store tags on the Rays shirt/cap she was wearing so she can return it to Sports Authority at the end of the season. :D: :rolleyes:

LongLiveFisk
09-20-2010, 05:45 PM
I didn't mind the Rays till I took in a playoff game there in 08. Their "Fans" are some of the most obnoxious people I have ever met. Those stupid cowbells, claiming they have been fans all along, shouting
obsenities at me etc.

Why were they shouting obscenities at you?

beasly213
09-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Why were they shouting obscenities at you?

Because I had a White Sox shirt and hat on. "Hey! white sox ****ing suck!" is something I heard quite a bit.

LongLiveFisk
09-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Because I had a White Sox shirt and hat on. "Hey! white sox ****ing suck!" is something I heard quite a bit.

:rolleyes:

What *******s!

soxfanreggie
09-21-2010, 10:13 AM
My Dad's best friend works for the Rays, and it has been great to support them (of course not against the Sox) knocking off the high-priced Yankees and Red Sox - not to mention the use of his tickets! :D:

Moses_Scurry
09-21-2010, 10:26 AM

That's exactly why I am hoping for it. Plus it would be nice to see Dusty holding a WS trophy while cub fans seethe.