PDA

View Full Version : Cubs

LITTLE NELL
09-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Anyone have any idea what their record is since Lou quit? Seems like they are winning quite a few games lately and since I have a bet with a Cub fan based on total wins vs. the Sox total wins, this is not good.

vinny
09-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Anyone have any idea what their record is since Lou quit? Seems like they are winning quite a few games lately and since I have a bet with a Cub fan based on total wins vs. the Sox total wins, this is not good.

17-7 under Quade, including today.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/2010.shtml

Viva Medias B's
09-19-2010, 06:14 PM
The pressure is off the Cubs, so they will perform.

SephClone89
09-19-2010, 06:19 PM
As the wise Alex Rios once said...

"Who gives a ****?"

:cool:

Dub25
09-20-2010, 11:06 PM

Its not good in my favor. There is a guy I work with who I make Sox/Cub bets with. 2 weeks ago had me $78 ahead of him but now it is $60.

g0g0
09-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Here's a website with a familiar format:

http://cubsunderquade.com/

Hitmen77
09-21-2010, 08:39 AM
I wonder if there are statistics about how often a team goes on a roll when they get a new manager. It happened to the O's this year and I want to say KC too.

This isn't a knock on Piniella at all. I'm just curious as to why some teams seem to find new life under a new manager....when it isn't always simply replacing a bad manager.

The pressure is off the Cubs, so they will perform.

The pressure is off the White Sox at this point and they have completely given up.

gogosox675
09-21-2010, 01:08 PM
I wonder if there are statistics about how often a team goes on a roll when they get a new manager. It happened to the O's this year and I want to say KC too.

I remember Hawk saying when the O's hired Showalter that you never want to play a team that just got into a brawl or just got a new manager. A week later we played Baltimore and proceeded to lose three of four against them. I'm not saying it's that way with every team, but I guess it's not unheard of to play better with a new manager coming in.

SephClone89
09-21-2010, 04:52 PM

This isn't a knock on Piniella at all. I'm just curious as to why some teams seem to find new life under a new manager....when it isn't always simply replacing a bad manager.

I remember Hawk saying when the O's hired Showalter that you never want to play a team that just got into a brawl or just got a new manager. A week later we played Baltimore and proceeded to lose three of four against them. I'm not saying it's that way with every team, but I guess it's not unheard of to play better with a new manager coming in.

This phenomenon is around in soccer, as well. Usually called the "new manager shine" or "new manager bump".

chisoxfanatic
09-21-2010, 08:22 PM
What are the grounds for the bet? $x per game ahead or just finishing with a better record? Regardless, relax! We have 11 more wins than the Cubs!

LITTLE NELL
09-21-2010, 08:47 PM
What are the grounds for the bet? $x per game ahead or just finishing with a better record? Regardless, relax! We have 11 more wins than the Cubs!

2 dollars per win, so I'm up 22.00 but it keeps shrinking.

g0g0
09-22-2010, 07:27 AM

It'll be interesting to see what they do now that they aren't in contention. 8 game losing streak so far. Little Nell might be just getting a Happy Meal out of this. :D:

LITTLE NELL
09-22-2010, 07:50 AM
It'll be interesting to see what they do now that they aren't in contention. 8 game losing streak so far. Little Nell might be just getting a Happy Meal out of this. :D:

Happy meal sounds good right now, these guys might not win another game.