PDA

View Full Version : Why all day games


DrCrawdad
06-27-2002, 07:47 PM
Why are all the games in the Sox vs. Cubs series at Comiskey day games?

I haven't heard any official explanation. Saturday is a Fox game, so that explains the Sat afternoon game. But a Friday afternoon game? That seems to be really odd.

What the official reason is, I don't know. My thought is that they made all 3 day games in hopes to decrease the rowdiness.

What's your opinion?

Daver
06-27-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Why are all the games in the Sox vs. Cubs series at Comiskey day games?

I haven't heard any official explanation. Saturday is a Fox game, so that explains the Sat afternoon game. But a Friday afternoon game? That seems to be really odd.

What the official reason is, I don't know. My thought is that they made all 3 day games in hopes to decrease the rowdiness.

What's your opinion?

I have heard that it is at the request of the CPD,whether this is true or not,I don't know.

hold2dibber
06-27-2002, 07:59 PM
To curb excessive rowdiness is the only explanation I can think of that makes sense. But it really sucks - I have to work, and "watching" the game via computer is (a) extremely distracting and (b) nerve-wracking (since everything is so delayed).

Anyway, I think anyone who goes to the game tomorrow should gets extra drunk and rowdy, just to show 'em that their stinking early start time can't stop the fun.

hsc1
06-27-2002, 08:54 PM
all day games because the scrubbies are afraid of the dark?????

kevingrt
06-27-2002, 09:39 PM
If only ESPN wasn't so East Coast and Yankee bias we might have Sunday Game of week....

CerberusWG
06-27-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Why are all the games in the Sox vs. Cubs series at Comiskey day games?

I haven't heard any official explanation. Saturday is a Fox game, so that explains the Sat afternoon game. But a Friday afternoon game? That seems to be really odd.

What the official reason is, I don't know. My thought is that they made all 3 day games in hopes to decrease the rowdiness.

What's your opinion?

It's the weekend, I guess. The Yuppie Cub fans always love the day games anyways.

Dadawg_77
06-27-2002, 10:09 PM
Daver right, last year the jails were packed with Cubs and Sox fans citywide. So they moved the games to day games in order to curb that behavior. People tend to be less crunk citywide durring the afternoon that durring the evening.

OKCSoxFan
06-27-2002, 10:16 PM
South Side....at night....The Yuppie Cub fans would have nightmares all week!

RedPinStripes
06-27-2002, 10:25 PM
I was there on friday night last year when Lee hit the granny. that place was a zoo! I never saw so many fights in that park in one night. Everyone was getting tossed. My kinda croud! :D:

RedPinStripes
06-27-2002, 10:30 PM
****IN DAY GAMES!!!!!!!!! I was just offered a free ticket for tomorrow and i have to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Daver
06-27-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
****IN DAY GAMES!!!!!!!!! I was just offered a free ticket for tomorrow and i have to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Call in dead.

Viva Magglio
06-27-2002, 10:38 PM
I think another possible reason is the Fox game the next day. The last two years, the Friday game went into extra innings keeping everyone up very late and providing little turnaround time for the noon Fox game the next day. This way, the players will be more fresh on Saturday. However, I would prefer that this be a night game at 6:05.

hsc1
06-27-2002, 10:41 PM
rps you have really turned into a wusss since you started working again....... ok i have an offer noone can refuse...up for grabbs for the next 10 minutes first come first serve...(and thank rps for turning it down).... one ticket to tomorrows game... if you want it its yours..... let me know......ill be online for a little while aol messanger me at hotsoxchick1 to make arrangements ........btw this is for real no lie......

BearSox
06-28-2002, 01:15 AM
And what about the stupid Scrubs on WGN starting time of 2:20 why can't we just start at 2:05 like every other Sox game. This is Comiskey not the toilet up North!! The games not even on WGN anyway Friday so what gives FSN?!!

Soxheads
06-28-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by hsc1
rps you have really turned into a wusss since you started working again....... ok i have an offer noone can refuse...up for grabbs for the next 10 minutes first come first serve...(and thank rps for turning it down).... one ticket to tomorrows game... if you want it its yours..... let me know......ill be online for a little while aol messanger me at hotsoxchick1 to make arrangements ........btw this is for real no lie......

Any takers yet?

(woohoo! 1700th post!)

voodoochile
06-28-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Daver right, last year the jails were packed with Cubs and Sox fans citywide. So they moved the games to day games in order to curb that behavior. People tend to be less crunk citywide durring the afternoon that durring the evening.

You mean there will be less fights if you don't give people all afternoon to get lit up before the game? I'm shocked I tell you, completely shocked...