PDA

View Full Version : interested in these players?

konerko 14
09-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Brandon Inge, would be able to play 3B

Carlos Marmol, would be the closer

Geovony Soto, would catch

We could trade Teahen, Harrell, and Flowers to the Cubs. I think Inge is a free agent after this year.

Dan H
09-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Brandon Inge, would be able to play 3B

Carlos Marmol, would be the closer

Geovony Soto, would catch

We could trade Teahen, Harrell, and Flowers to the Cubs. I think Inge is a free agent after this year.

Even the Cubs wouldn't be dumb enough to make this trade. You have to give up something to get something. The Sox wouldn't be giving up too much here.

DumpJerry
09-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Soto is the only one I would consider.
Inge is a FA this season, by the way. I'd rather have Morel, more upside, less $$.

Marmol has reminded me of Bobby on his bad days.

Cubs won't take Teahen, they're unloading money.

Chez
09-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Only if the Cubs sweetened the pot by throwing in Marshall for Lillibridge.

doublem23
09-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Brandon Inge is just a bad baseball player. I'd rather have Morel. The kid throws some leather at the hot corner.

kittle42
09-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Yes! It's not even October and the completely far-fetched, ridiculous trade threads have started!

DrCrawdad
09-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Brandon Inge is just a bad baseball player. I'd rather have Morel. The kid throws some leather at the hot corner.

Inge seems to do well against the Sox. Not saying I want Inge over Morel, just saying...

DrCrawdad
09-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Yes! It's not even October and the completely far-fetched, ridiculous trade threads have started!

Ridiculous hypothetical trades? Gotta love them.

:)

VMSNS
09-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Inge - No thanks. We have Morel.

Marmol - Absolutely not. Guy can't throw strikes.

Soto - Ehh....probably not.

Boondock Saint
09-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Pass on all three, thankyouverymuch.

Tragg
09-20-2010, 02:30 PM
MOrel for Inge....don't give Wiliams or Ozzie any ideas. That's the kind of deal Guillen would love.
Luckily for us, Inge is in the AL and doesn't play for Arizona.

Bob Roarman
09-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Inge seems to do well against the Sox. Not saying I want Inge over Morel, just saying...

Irrelevant.

CWSpalehoseCWS
09-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Inge - No thanks. We have Morel.

Marmol - Absolutely not. Guy can't throw strikes.

Soto - Ehh....probably not.

Pretty much what I was thinking.

Marmol is a K machine, but he's too wild. Soto isn't anything special IMO. Inge is Inge. Morel will be fine. Great glove, and appears like he gonna be able to hit.

chisoxjtrain
09-20-2010, 03:38 PM

So did Teahen, and how is that working out?

PatK
09-20-2010, 03:45 PM

Teahan did well against the Sox. How has that worked out for us?

WhiteSox5187
09-20-2010, 03:57 PM

At the game last night I was sitting with someone who works in the Tiger organization and we were talking about Inge and they said he is a fantastic defender, but he strikes out way too much and isn't much of a hitter (especially with his recent slew of injuries). They said he would be a fantastic piece to help a team win, but isn't going to be a guy who can carry a team.

Anyways, as you said we have Morel who is cheaper, younger and has a lot more potential than Inge.

DrCrawdad
09-20-2010, 03:59 PM
So did Teahen, and how is that working out?

Teahan did well against the Sox. How has that worked out for us?

I thought my stance was clear:

I do not want Inge. I'll take my chances with Morel. My, "just saying" was my observation that Inge seems to do well against the Sox. Looking very briefly at his splits, it appears he does in fact do well against the Sox. In the AL Central it looks like he hurts the Sox and the Indians (a bit better against the Jndians).

GABP
09-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Why are people saying "pass" on Soto? I would love to have a young catcher with a .850+ OPS.

DirtySox
09-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Why are people saying "pass" on Soto? I would love to have a young catcher with a .850+ OPS.

As would I. I think most people are disregarding the thread/post entirely because of the absolutely ridiculous trade package proposed. There will be plenty more of these completely unrealistic trade threads coming very soon.

Boondock Saint
09-20-2010, 05:12 PM

He's a fairly young, talented catcher, but he's been injured a lot, and has shoulder surgery coming up. He hasn't reached 400 plate appearances in either of the last two seasons.

KMcMahon817
09-20-2010, 06:30 PM

Oh, come on dub. Inge can throw some leather, probably just as good or better than Morel and he has a decent veteran bat. That doesn't mean I want him on the SOX, but to say he is bad at baseball, is well, wrong.