PDA

View Full Version : Forecast for Today's Game

Brian26
09-18-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm heading down for the game, but the radar does not look promising at all. Any word if this may get called early?

Hitmen77
09-18-2010, 10:38 AM
The radar doesn't show any rain beyond what's coming through the Chicago area right now. The forecast says there's a 50% chance of rain for late afternoon.

I don't think we're even close to them calling this game early.

WhiteSoxFTW
09-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Accuweather is showing a 77% chance of rain between 4pm and 7pm. Only 40% from 1pm to 4pm. Looks like it might get started okay, but who knows after that.

Lip Man 1
09-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Hopefully it gets rained out and Harrell doesn't have to pitch.

Lip

Brian26
09-18-2010, 10:51 AM
The radar doesn't show any rain beyond what's coming through the Chicago area right now. The forecast says there's a 50% chance of rain for late afternoon.

I was looking at the weather.com radar that shows some heavy stuff around Davenport and a bit west of there. Game is still four hours away, so maybe it passes through by then?

WhiteSoxFTW
09-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Hopefully it gets rained out and Harrell doesn't have to pitch.

Lip

Heh, I understand that. But, for someone with tickets to both games, I'd really rather not have a double-header tomorrow. :tongue:

Hitmen77
09-18-2010, 10:56 AM
I was looking at the weather.com radar that shows some heavy stuff around Davenport and a bit west of there. Game is still four hours away, so maybe it passes through by then?

I don't know. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm going to the game too.

Since it's Nancy Faust day, I hope they have some nice tributes to her before the game.

On the bright side, with the threat of rain maybe it'll be a cinch that we're one of the first 10,000 and can get a bobblehead. :cool:

WhiteSoxFTW
09-18-2010, 10:58 AM
I don't know. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm going to the game too.

Since it's Nancy Faust day, I hope they have some nice tributes to her before the game.

On the bright side, with the threat of rain maybe it'll be a cinch that we're one of the first 10,000 and can get a bobblehead. :cool:

I thought about that too, lol. I am still pretty upset about the Frank Thomas day ones. I didn't get one, and found out later that many people were able to get 2-3 bobbleheads each without much trouble.

MarkZ35
09-18-2010, 11:01 AM
I thought about that too, lol. I am still pretty upset about the Frank Thomas day ones. I didn't get one, and found out later that many people were able to get 2-3 bobbleheads each without much trouble.
I only saw one person get 2 bobbleheads and that was because he had 2 tickets. Other than that, people were screaming at anyone trying to take 2.

DumpJerry
09-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Someone yanked your chain. It was not happening widespread, it at all. I will wind up with five or six since I got one at the game, will get one in The Box (ST holder), two more next year at the games where they will give them out and one more in next year's Box.

WhiteSoxFTW
09-18-2010, 12:51 PM
They updated the forecast. The T-storms are actually going to hit sooner, and in the 80% chance of rain for most of the evening. Not looking too promising.

WhiteSoxOnly
09-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Take the rainout and get out of there.Can't lose then.:redneck

tstrike2000
09-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Forecast is for partly crappy with a strong chance of the opposition crossing home plate. Otherwise, rain in the forecast all day long.

BadBobbyJenks
09-18-2010, 02:25 PM
What am I missing? Radar looks like its all south until it comes in around 6-7.

Brian26
09-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Lights were on for the entire game. Almost felt like a night game. Too bad it wasn't rained out.

Park was cold as hell too.