PDA

View Full Version : Even Though We Go 2 Out Of 4, I See A Lot Of +'s

kevingrt
06-27-2002, 06:04 PM
As I said I see a lot of positives out of this series:

1) Carlos Lee, Ray Durham, Royce Clayton, and Frank all got there grove on somewhat and are looking good to go into the Cross-Town Series

2) Paulie kept it up, and Maggs looked pretty good

3) Our pitching looked above-par with Burly, Garland, and Glover doing well, despite the fact that Ritchie looked sub-par

4) Our bullpen did fine, nothing amazing, nothing horrid, even though they lost one game

5) Foulke is our new closer, YES

Procol Harum
06-27-2002, 06:11 PM
The fact that they didn't curl up and die after last night's game might have been the rumblings of some sort of life. Geez, the fact that Frank actually got a clutch 9th-inning hit last night was reason to rejoice in and of itself. The Sox may not have been as good as their April record indicated, but on the other hand, it's hard to believe that they could be really as bad as they've been the last 4-5 weeks. Here's hopin' they are on the road to some better baseball and that they might return some sort of dignity to us fans by winning or (Oh Happy Thought!) sweeping the Flubs this weekend.

HawkDJ
06-27-2002, 07:20 PM
You can't be too disappointed with splitting the series. Yes, we are 6 games back and need to make up some ground but we are taking baby steps. Last year we couldn't beat them at all in the Twinkie Dome. Now we showed we can win. We won two of them and lost the others by one. When we play them at home, then we have to win.

doublem23
06-27-2002, 07:50 PM
Hell yeah this was positive! Granted, we could have won all four games, but before the series started, coming off a sweep at the hands of Atlanta in which we looked like we could maybe beat most Little League teams, I would have jumped for joy if you told me we'd split a series with the Twins at the Roller Dome.

We're on our way!

kevingrt
06-27-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt

1) Carlos Lee, Ray Durham, Royce Clayton, and Frank all got there grove on somewhat and are looking good to go into the Cross-Town Series

2) Paulie kept it up, and Maggs looked pretty good

3) Our pitching looked above-par with Burly, Garland, and Glover doing well, despite the fact that Ritchie looked sub-par

4) Our bullpen did fine, nothing amazing, nothing horrid, even though they lost one game

5) Foulke is our new closer, YES

Oh may I alos add that Bobby Howry plunked a deserving Torii Hunter....

BearSox
06-28-2002, 01:19 AM
Didn't get to see the game tonight but did we plunk Pierzyienski or however its spelt for his mouthing off to Maggs the other night?

Jerry_Manuel
06-28-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by BearSox
Didn't get to see the game tonight but did we plunk Pierzyienski or however its spelt for his mouthing off to Maggs the other night?

I did fall asleep for a few innings, but I didn't see him get hit.

KempersRS
06-28-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt

Our pitching was above par? Buehrle got lit up, Garland looked pretty bad, Ritchie was awful, and Glover was average. If that was one of the positives of the series, we are in trouble.

RKMeibalane
06-28-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Our pitching was above par? Buehrle got lit up, Garland looked pretty bad, Ritchie was awful, and Glover was average. If that was one of the positives of the series, we are in trouble.

Buehrle was extremely wild, and that is a concern. He's not the type of pitcher who can throw his fastball by a hitter, so he relies mostly on location and mixing his pitchers to get people out. When his control isn't what it should be, he gets into trouble. We saw that with Oakland, and it almost happened against the Twins. I expected the worst when he walked two men to load the bases in the first inning. Fortunately, he gave up only one run.

pudge
06-28-2002, 03:44 PM
Down 8-1 to the Cubbies, with Prior ready to shut us down tomorrow... where are your positives now?