PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox working on improving their draft position postgame thread

Frater Perdurabo
09-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Not much more to say...

veeter
09-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Golden sombrero for Teahen. My God.

Frater Perdurabo
Manny has great timing.

Morel needs to start every game for the rest of the year. He's pretty good and showing surprising power.

Tragg
I'll say it again.
The season is over; the veterans are dead.
It's an outrage that Guillen refuses to take this great opportunity to infuse the lineup with young players It's the only possible positive outcome of the last 2+ weeks, and Guillen refuses to do it.

veeter
09-17-2010, 09:52 PM
I'll say it again.
It's an outrage that Guillen refuses to take this great opportunity to infuse the lineup with young players.Really. What the hell did Viciedo do wrong? The kids a stud just sitting there.

nccwsfan
09-17-2010, 09:54 PM
I'll say it again.
It's an outrage that Guillen refuses to take this great opportunity to infuse the lineup with young players It's the only possible positive outcome of the last 2+ weeks, and Guillen refuses to do it.

Wouldn't hurt at this point- why not see what they're able to do?

DirtySox
09-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Improving draft position for the 2011 class is a pretty good idea.

Tomorrow is Harrell versus Verlander. Ugly.

Dan H
09-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Improving draft position for the 2011 class is a pretty good idea.

Tomorrow is Harrell versus Verlander. Ugly.

And I am going to that game. You're right about the draft position, too.

nccwsfan
09-17-2010, 09:59 PM
Really. What the hell did Viciedo do wrong? The kids a stud just sitting there.

Viciedo, Morel, Sale, Flowers....there's not much else to play for now, and at the very least gives the organization a broad stroke as to if they have a Plan B/C in place should the 11' team not include Pauly, AJ, Peavy, Vizquel, etc.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Viciedo, Morel, Sale, Flowers....there's not much else to play for now, and at the very least gives the organization a broad stroke as to if they have a Plan B/C in place should the 11' team not include Pauly, AJ, Peavy, Vizquel, etc.

But if they all play, where will Kotsay and Teahen find ABs? They're the driving force behind this offensive juggernaut.

This is also the second straight year that the Sox have gotten obliterated (on the field, although I'm sure the crowd had a nip or two to get through watching this garbage) on Halfway to St. Patrick's Day.

Lip Man 1
09-17-2010, 10:04 PM
This team just makes you shake your head in wonderment.

Win seven straight on the road...then drop eight of the next ten.

Simply amazing.

Lip

BadBobbyJenks
09-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Look Viciedo has already had his quota of at bats, any more will stunt his growth.

Tragg
09-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Look Viciedo has already had his quota of at bats, any more will stunt his growth.

LOL I forgot about that.
:gulp:

LoveYourSuit
09-17-2010, 10:24 PM
On a night you started the bench, Viciedo got 1 AB to Teahen's 4.

What crap is that?

hawkjt
09-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Scherzer is going very good lately,and the Sox were lucky to beat him last week. I knew this was going to be a tough weekend when they drew him,Verlander and Bonderman. But the sox pitching has just fallen apart this week after the 5th or 6th inning in every game. Jackson looked great til the 7th...then it all fell apart for him and the bullpen.
I have wanted Ozzie to pull the starters a bit early all week,but seeing how the bullpen does when they get in there helps me understand his relunctance.

Morel looks like he has some pop...and Manny can still hit the ball over the fence....otherwise-yuk.

SoxSpeed22
09-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Bleh. Wouldn't have seen it even if I could.
Call me crazy, but I don't think getting the young guys in against Verlander tomorrow is the best idea. Morel is at least looking decent. I would rather get the young guys in two or three at a time, not all at once.

tstrike2000
09-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Good lord have they given up a lot of runs the last 4 games.

GoGoCrede
09-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Missed the whole thing, thank God. But I will say that it's nice to see Manny finally homer, as well as Morel. What a great moment for him.

Other than that, blech.

Nelfox02
09-17-2010, 11:23 PM

Sale looks great thus far, and Morel has shown promise (even with the stick) in a very limited sample size so I would not be stongly opposed to him having a shot at 3B next year------but I hope to god that Flowers, Viciedo, and Jordan Danks are far behind plan B or C for 2011.....hopefully more like plan K....

doublem23
09-17-2010, 11:47 PM
Jesus that game sucked.

I'm 0-3 in my last 3 games, outscored something like 5-30.

chisoxfanatic
09-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Jesus that game sucked.

I'm 0-3 in my last 3 games, outscored something like 5-30.
I blame it on your being late to the game on Saturday. :wink:

doublem23
09-18-2010, 12:32 AM
I blame it on your being late to the game on Saturday. :wink:

Don't make this about me. I'm awesome. They suck.

DrCrawdad
09-18-2010, 12:37 AM
I went to perhaps my last game of the 2010 season on Friday. Beautiful night and another ugly game.

Strange sight? Crossing 35th and Shields on way into the park and seeing Mark Grace headed the other way (headed north on Shields). What was Grace at the game for? I think I got my answer, tomorrow's game is on Fox. The light hitting lefty former Cubbie will most likely be gracing the Fox booth tomorrow. So sorry I'll miss it.

DumpJerry
09-18-2010, 12:57 AM
Scherzer is going very good lately,and the Sox were lucky to beat him last week. I knew this was going to be a tough weekend when they drew him,Verlander and Bonderman. But the sox pitching has just fallen apart this week after the 5th or 6th inning in every game. Jackson looked great til the 7th...then it all fell apart for him and the bullpen.
I have wanted Ozzie to pull the starters a bit early all week,but seeing how the bullpen does when they get in there helps me understand his relunctance.

Morel looks like he has some pop...and Manny can still hit the ball over the fence....otherwise-yuk.
Edwin had cramping in his push-off leg at the start of the 7th.

LITTLE NELL
09-18-2010, 05:08 AM
Nice home stand we have going here, safe to say after they lost the first game of the Twins series that they have quit. I'm disgusted.

palehozenychicty
09-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Nice home stand we have going here, safe to say after they lost the first game of the Twins series that they have quit. I'm disgusted.

I feel the same way, looking at video and boxscore. :(:

They just are an uneven team.

GlassSox
09-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Nice weather and 2 solo home runs and that's all.

(I just deleted the rest of my rant about this team as it changes nothing.)

I will go to the Oct 3rd game and I hope the team decides to at least show up for the last game.

MARTINMVP
09-18-2010, 12:40 PM
I went to perhaps my last game of the 2010 season on Friday. Beautiful night and another ugly game.

Strange sight? Crossing 35th and Shields on way into the park and seeing Mark Grace headed the other way (headed north on Shields). What was Grace at the game for? I think I got my answer, tomorrow's game is on Fox. The light hitting lefty former Cubbie will most likely be gracing the Fox booth tomorrow. So sorry I'll miss it.

As bad as last night's game was (I was there), what sucked even more was knowing that I'd be going to Sunday night's as well. All day at work yesterday, I kept thinking how it was possible to NOT look forward to the weekend. Even if the team sucks, you're out at the ballpark with good people, and you make it fun.

Last night answered that question about why I was not looking forward to this weekend.