PDA

View Full Version : Latest Big Z retirement news

thomas35forever
09-16-2010, 01:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=5578266

soltrain21
09-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Guy has made over 100 million dollars and wants to see his daughter grow up. Can't fault him for that.

GoGoCrede
09-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Well, if he sticks with his decision, good for him. I'm glad he's gotten the help he needs and actually seems changed.

kittle42
09-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Good for him - just like when Buehrle was talking retirement. These guys, like the rest of us, can make the career choices they want.

TheOldRoman
09-16-2010, 02:12 PM
If he retires after his contract, good for him. He has obviously made enough money where he shouldn't have to ever work again. The only thing I caution to athletes is, don't bring your kids into it unless you are 100% certain of your decision. Just like when Dwyane Wade lied about how being close to his sons was so important, Zambrano will look like an even bigger jackass if he professes how important it is to see his daughter grow up and then pitches until he's 40.

downstairs
09-16-2010, 02:28 PM
If he retires after his contract, good for him. He has obviously made enough money where he shouldn't have to ever work again. The only thing I caution to athletes is, don't bring your kids into it unless you are 100% certain of your decision. Just like when Dwyane Wade lied about how being close to his sons was so important, Zambrano will look like an even bigger jackass if he professes how important it is to see his daughter grow up and then pitches until he's 40.

Yeah, I wish athletes would refrain from saying "I will..." when referring to retirement and other stuff. Why?

In two years you change your mind, and you look like a fool.

Just say "I'm considering retirement because of these reasons if I can't find a way to balance my career and family."

Rdy2PlayBall
09-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I wish athletes would refrain from saying "I will..." when referring to retirement and other stuff. Why?

In two years you change your mind, and you look like a fool.

Just say "I'm considering retirement because of these reasons if I can't find a way to balance my career and family."I feel like I'm reading one of those celebrity articles in a grocery store magazine. Who cares if the guy plays until he's 50, it's none of our business what his reasons are and if he decides to keep playing 2 years from now.

TheOldRoman
09-16-2010, 08:46 PM
I feel like I'm reading one of those celebrity articles in a grocery store magazine. Who cares if the guy plays until he's 50, it's none of our business what his reasons are and if he decides to keep playing 2 years from now.When you come out and talk about how your family is SO important to you that you will play close to home/will retire early, and then do the opposite, you look kinda like a tool.