PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Beltre

Dub25
09-16-2010, 01:00 AM
Sorry mods, maybe this should be in talking baseball.

I mentioned in another post that this team needs more pop from 3b. Omar, I thank you for being a savior to this season but 2 HR's is not enough in the A.L. at 3b.

What do you guys think of Beltre?

DirtySox
09-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Kenny should work on getting some pop out of his DH position before he begins worrying about 3B. I'll take Morel and his glove at 3rd next year.

09-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Sorry mods, maybe this should be in talking baseball.

I mentioned in another post that this team needs more pop from 3b. Omar, I thank you for being a savior to this season but 2 HR's is not enough in the A.L. at 3b.

What do you guys think of Beltre?

With Beltre's glove and pop in his bat, he makes the White Sox WORLD SERIES contenders. That's right, read it again. World Series.

hi im skot
09-16-2010, 01:52 AM
With Beltre's glove and pop in his bat, he makes the White Sox WORLD SERIES contenders. That's right, read it again. World Series.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/members/theimporterswife-105325-albums-smilies-pic48745-spit-water-out.gif

spongyfungy
09-16-2010, 02:11 AM
red Sox will offer Beltre a long term deal. He'll be a hot FA for sure. Lowell's retiring at the end of the season. Maybe Kenny can revive his career.

They'll probably let Victor Martinez walk because he recently rejected a 2 year deal, so I think it's a lock that Beltre would be a priority with the Red Sox.

palehozenychicty
09-16-2010, 09:03 AM
red Sox will offer Beltre a long term deal. He'll be a hot FA for sure. Lowell's retiring at the end of the season. Maybe Kenny can revive his career.

They'll probably let Victor Martinez walk because he recently rejected a 2 year deal, so I think it's a lock that Beltre would be a priority with the Red Sox.

I think they'll go harder after Vic Martinez, because word is that Beltre is looking for another deal similar to his Seattle terms, which nobody could want to touch. He did the same thing to the Dodgers. I'd give him two years with a team option max.

russ99
09-16-2010, 09:31 AM

If the Sox are spending another 12-15M for a player, I prefer Carl Crawford.

The Sox are a year late on Beltre, they could have had him relatively cheaply last offseason.

Also, rumors in Boston (overheard Labor Day weekend) is that if they can't keep Beltre, the Red Sox are looking at Konerko, so they can move Youkilis back to 3rd.

asindc
09-16-2010, 09:42 AM
If the Sox are spending another 12-15M for a player, I prefer Carl Crawford.

The Sox are a year late on Beltre, they could have had him relatively cheaply last offseason.

Also, rumors in Boston (overheard Labor Day weekend) is that if they can't keep Beltre, the Red Sox are looking at Konerko, so they can move Youkilis back to 3rd.

I don't think $9 million is cheap, especially when it only bought one year with a player option. I do think a move this offseason would be a year late, as Beltre is pushing Konerko for "biggest contract year push of 2010."