PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Going To Have Fun

Dub25
09-15-2010, 11:34 PM
Now that the season is pretty much over... barring a Minnesota plane crash. Does anyone here have tickets for upcoming games and plan to go to enjoy the game of baseball and enjoy the last few days of nice weather before the ugly cold comes in?

I love this game and I'm not about to let this disaster against the Twins detour me from having fun this Friday.

GoGoCrede
09-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Yep. I said in the other thread that I wasn't too excited, but I like to attend the final games of the season. I'm hoping to make it to a day game, haven't been to one in a while.

It'll be nice to see the park one last time before winter.

And I hope to reach 30 games attended.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-15-2010, 11:41 PM
I want to go to every game I possibly can. The only reason I haven't gone to many this year in comparison to last year is because I was nervous about seeing a loss, and seeing the Twins winning on the scoreboard. Now I'm carefree, and I have enough money saved up to go to every remaining game, in a decent seat, and buy a Frank Thomas jersey after one of them. Life is good.

Go Sox, Go Bears, Go Hawks, Go Bulls, my winter just started earlier, and I just get to enjoy watching a few weeks of BASEBALL, not a pennant race.

GlassSox
09-16-2010, 12:02 AM
Attending Friday night and Oct 3rd

Dub25
09-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Friday night I will be in Sec 147 row 11. You?

kittle42
09-16-2010, 12:09 AM
I have Monday and Wednesday's Boston games. Sell, sell, sell!

I am also going to Target Field to see the Central Division Champions play the Blue Jays on Oct. 1. I was really hoping that game would mean something.

WhiteSox5187
09-16-2010, 12:11 AM
I think I will be going to the Detroit series, that will be fun.

DirtySox
09-16-2010, 12:13 AM
I'll consider going to a game or two since I haven't attended a single home game this season. Hopefully some of the kids will be played.

JB98
09-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Yeah, of course, I'm still going to games. I've got tickets to three more, and I'll be there for all three.

Beats sitting at home and doing nothing.

ewokpelts
09-16-2010, 07:25 AM
I want to go to every game I possibly can. The only reason I haven't gone to many this year in comparison to last year is because I was nervous about seeing a loss, and seeing the Twins winning on the scoreboard. Now I'm carefree, and I have enough money saved up to go to every remaining game, in a decent seat, and buy a Frank Thomas jersey after one of them. Life is good.

Go Sox, Go Bears, Go Hawks, Go Bulls, my winter just started earlier, and I just get to enjoy watching a few weeks of BASEBALL, not a pennant race.PLENTY of cheap tix on stubhub now. Red Sox games for $8, a 26 dollar SAVINGS off the box office price.

Go White Sox
09-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Im going to the last game of the season on October 3rd...

and thinkin about possibly going on Friday the 1st...I love meaningless baseball games...

doublem23
09-16-2010, 07:50 AM
Going tonight with my brother and some friends, so we're just going to kick back, relax, and enjoy the game. Unless there's a no-hitter being tossed, I suspect Ms. Doub and I may leave by the 7th inning to get to bed at a decent time.

We're also going tomorrow night, as well, but 1/2 to St. Patrick's Day? I am going to be loaded.

Bruizer
09-16-2010, 08:33 AM
We left early the last two nights to get to bed at a decent hour, but we'll still be going to at least three more games.

Chez
09-16-2010, 08:46 AM
I'm going to the Tuesday game against Boston. Fortunately, there won't be nearly as many Sawx fans in attendance as usual -- and those who attend will be less obnoxious. I suspect I try to talk someone into going with me to the last home game. Typically a melancholy day at the ballpark.

hawkjt
09-16-2010, 09:02 AM
We are going tonite, tomorrow nite, and then Oct 1 and maybe last game on Oct 3...anyone know if the Bears play at noon that day?
If Bears do not conflict we will go that last game.

Time to cling to the last vestiges of summer.
Part of the total depression that sets in with the Sox falling out of it is now reality sinks in that winter is really coming....hide the sharp knives.:whiner:

As the promise of June and July fade, the ballpark is no longer a place full of possibilities, but still is the greatest place to converse with my son.

Thome4Ever
09-16-2010, 09:47 AM
I have tickets for tonight's game and debated not going after last night, but now I have to go to test a theory. When the Twins last came to town in August, I went to one of the three games. It was the Sox' only win in the series. The next week, I went to Minnesota and saw the Sox win 11-0 for their only win in that series. I haven't been to the first two games of this series, so we'll see if my theory holds true, or like the Sox' season, goes down the tubes.

I also have tickets to one of the Red Sox games, and that'll probably be a how I feel on that day gametime decisions to attend.

LongLiveFisk
09-16-2010, 09:53 AM
I will be at Fan Appreciation Day. I was hoping the game would be significant but either way I know I will have a good time. Always love going out when I can.

"You can't beat fun at the ol' ballpark!" :D:

Domeshot17
09-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Have tickets for friday. Going to go, drink plenty of green beer, and hope it isnt the last time I cheer for my favorite Sox Player since the big hurt.

dickallen15
09-16-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm going to have fun. I'm going to 6 more games this year, I'll wear my Manny wig and ride the euphoria of the BP Cup championship.

dickallen15
09-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Have tickets for friday. Going to go, drink plenty of green beer, and hope it isnt the last time I cheer for my favorite Sox Player since the big hurt.
Don't worry, I'm pretty certain Linebrink will be back.

Rocky Soprano
09-16-2010, 10:51 AM
I will be there Friday night with my wife and two good friends that are coming in from Detroit.

Sucks that the game will be meaningless but I still love my Sox.

ewokpelts
09-16-2010, 11:20 AM
We are going tonite, tomorrow nite, and then Oct 1 and maybe last game on Oct 3...anyone know if the Bears play at noon that day?
If Bears do not conflict we will go that last game.

Time to cling to the last vestiges of summer.
Part of the total depression that sets in with the Sox falling out of it is now reality sinks in that winter is really coming....hide the sharp knives.:whiner:

As the promise of June and July fade, the ballpark is no longer a place full of possibilities, but still is the greatest place to converse with my son.
you prefer to watch the loser bears over the loser sox? fail

ChiSoxGirl
09-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Now that the season is pretty much over... barring a Minnesota plane crash. Does anyone here have tickets for upcoming games and plan to go to enjoy the game of baseball and enjoy the last few days of nice weather before the ugly cold comes in?

I love this game and I'm not about to let this disaster against the Twins detour me from having fun this Friday.

Absolutely. I'll be at the game this Saturday and on September 27, but I'm looking more forward to the game against the Tigers this weekend than the Monday night contest against the Red Sox. :smile:

Going to a weeknight game during the school year is pretty damn difficult for me and I'm going to pay for it the entire week. I'll leave my house at 6:20 that morning for school and won't get home 'til about midnight, since I'll go right to my parents' house from school. But, four free Club Level tickets will make a person do things they really shouldn't. I also recently came to the realization that the Bears are playing the Packers at home that same night. Hello, traffic nightmares. :angry: That pretty much means we'll be opting for the CTA, as opposed to using the parking pass that came with the tickets, which will only lengthen my journey home. The worst part is the Sox probably won't even make any of these inconveniences worth it for me. :mad:

Nelfox02
09-16-2010, 12:06 PM
will be there tonight, 9-27, and 10-3

no reason not to have a good time.......that said although it is "meaningless", see sox winners on these days certainly would make a better time

tacosalbarojas
09-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Going this weekend and the last weekend, including the last game of the season, which if my calculations are correct will be Nancy's last game. That will be a very sad day.

hawkjt
09-16-2010, 12:50 PM
you prefer to watch the loser bears over the loser sox? fail

Bears play the nite game on Oct 3,,so conflict averted.

Fan appreciation day will include me.

hi im skot
09-16-2010, 12:56 PM
I hate fun.

downstairs
09-16-2010, 04:17 PM
I don't live in Chicago, so I can't see live baseball that often. When I did, even when the Sox sucked... there's nothing like going to a baseball game!

I miss it quite a bit.

I envy anyone here that can hop on the red line and just go to a game like its nothing.

GoGoCrede
09-16-2010, 04:20 PM
I don't live in Chicago, so I can't see live baseball that often. When I did, even when the Sox sucked... there's nothing like going to a baseball game!

I miss it quite a bit.

I envy anyone here that can hop on the red line and just go to a game like its nothing.

Yes, I'm definitely blessed to be able to do that. I remember when I would have to go home every summer to CA and how I would have given anything to be at a Sox game during the summer.

You're right, I should stop complaining and just enjoy it. It's gonna be a long winter.

Ex-Chicagoan
09-16-2010, 04:48 PM

Exactly. Haven't been since '06.

Johnny Mostil
09-16-2010, 09:01 PM
PLENTY of cheap tix on stubhub now.

Honestly, I'm thinking of scouring that for far better seats than I'd normally buy.

While I'm at it . . . thanks for posting the discount codes this year . . .

GlassSox
09-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Friday night I will be in Sec 147 row 11. You?

Attending w/ another couple on vendor tickets which I believe are Sec 142 row 21

hawkjt
09-17-2010, 06:55 AM
My son and I went last nite, and despite the loss, we still agreed that we somehow still had fun. There is something fun in hanging in til the bitter end of a game and of a season,as nuts as it seems.
The back to back homers was cool last nite,then Morel backed it up with a double that was very well struck. Small thing,but still fun.
Watching Juan on second after Morel got thrown out in a pickle,we knew Juan was going to swipe 3rd,and by gosh,he did.
Alexei was all over the place last nite,stealing, defending,hitting..as Hawk would say...he is really'' playing some ball''. Glad he is a Sox.

Anyone try one of the Asian Buns they sell down the third base line? Never noticed that stand til last nite and I have been to over a dozen games this year...funny how you start to smell the roses a bit more as the end nears.