PDA

View Full Version : Feeling better about Cubs series

Foulke You
06-27-2002, 04:16 PM
I'm feeling a whole lot better about the Sox going into this Cubs series then the Wrigley one. Not to say it is a lock to win the series but the Sox are hitting better and aside from Ritchie seem to be pitching better and playing with more intensity. Paulie, Carlos, and Maggs are knocking the cover off the ball and we're FINALLY returning to Comiskey Park where we've played very well. Wright has been throwing well, Garland will be more comfortable pitching at Comiskey, and Buehrle is our ace going on Sunday which might be the rubber match.

The Cubs on the other hand are a poor road team and throwing "Wild Wood" who is 0-3 against us in game 1. We need to work the counts on Prior and get into that Cubs bullpen early on Saturday. The only down side is that it's 3 day games where we all know the Sox have had trouble with in the past. Should be an exciting series as always though. Any thoughts?

SoxxoS
06-27-2002, 06:18 PM
[. The only down side is that it's 3 day games where we all know the Sox have had trouble with in the past. Should be an exciting series as always though. Any thoughts? [/B][/QUOTE]

I dont know about everyone else, but I think the whole Day/Night thing is overrated. I mean, there is a ball coming at you, you catch it or hit it, whether you can see it b/c of lights or sun doesnt make a whole lot of freaking difference.

Daver
06-27-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
[. The only down side is that it's 3 day games where we all know the Sox have had trouble with in the past. Should be an exciting series as always though. Any thoughts?

I dont know about everyone else, but I think the whole Day/Night thing is overrated. I mean, there is a ball coming at you, you catch it or hit it, whether you can see it b/c of lights or sun doesnt make a whole lot of freaking difference. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sunlight causes shadows on the field,where as the artificial lighting lights the field evenly,that is the major difference.

SoxxoS
06-27-2002, 08:32 PM
But its the same for everyone, Daver.

Daver
06-27-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
But its the same for everyone, Daver.

Yeah bit the sCrUBS play most of the home games during the day,so they are more accustomed to it.