PDA

View Full Version : Where is your favorite place to sit at the park?

ghostface36
09-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Obviously we'd all like to sit behind home plate everytime, but being realistic, where is your favorite place to sit (section) for a sox game?

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-15-2010, 04:09 PM
If I were to sit at a game I would pick 126. Right that the mound, over visitor dugout looking towards the Sox and dead btween home and 1st. Bad weather I would pick 326. My dad loves 128/129 right over visiting on-deck circle. Used to sit in the first row for free in 129. I know the visiting people well so they let my fam sit there if it's not too crowded. He would sit in 329 if it were cold/rainy.

doublem23
09-15-2010, 04:13 PM
I love the seats in RF that are in fair territory, basically behind the opposing bullpen and the bar.

Lundind1
09-15-2010, 04:13 PM
I like premium upper box, low row, generally 530, 531, 533, some of the best seats in the park. The only exception is right next to the dugout or Beam Club.

soxlady8
09-15-2010, 04:28 PM
home side :)
I also like the bleachers and behind the pen --

GoGoCrede
09-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Bleachers and/or the third base side. I like it because it's close to all the fun stuff on the concourse, and when you exit, you're close to the el and thus don't have to wait as long.

I much prefer now to sit on the 100-level than anywhere else.

rdwj
09-15-2010, 04:33 PM
I really like Club level. You get the "regular" seat experience that is missing in the luxury boxes with all good stuff

Waitress
Short bathroom lines
Nice hallway area with great seating and plasma TVs
Much smaller percentage of morons

beasly213
09-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Tie between Left Center field seats (Not Bleachers) and right behind the Visitors Dugout in the lower bowl.

WhiteSox5187
09-15-2010, 04:37 PM
I've never sat there, but sitting in the scout seats must be awful nice. I was once able to sneak down to right behind the Sox dugout, those were great seats.

russ99
09-15-2010, 04:38 PM
I really like Club level. You get the "regular" seat experience that is missing in the luxury boxes with all good stuff

Waitress
Short bathroom lines

Club level rocks. But since 2005, you can't get single game ticket there anymore. But I've gone to a few games up there since then using Stub Hub.

After club level, I prefer lower deck, first base side, 2-3 sections past the dugout and mid-rows, closer if available.

I'd love to sit in the Scout Seats and the Jim Beam Club once just to say I did.

Go White Sox
09-15-2010, 04:47 PM
I usually sit in 508, i love it...having the section to myself, being on top of the game..but prolly my fav place to sit is anywhere from 101-108....my family used to have 13 gm packages for 108 last row aisle seats from 2001-06 those seats were AMAZING!

come to think of it ive never sat behind home plate since 01 (i remember nancy faust played some Zepplin when my dad aksed her) or behind the dugout ever....it sucks being broke, recently the closest ive been to the field was section 119 which was meh...

Dibbs
09-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Anywhere behind the Sox dugout or even closer to home plate. I always prefer lower lever, but I am never disappointed in the few times I sit in the first few rows in the upper deck behind home plate. Those are very nice seats in my opinion. Obviously club level has some nice views too.

roylestillman
09-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Club level rocks. But since 2005, you can't get single game ticket there anymore. But I've gone to a few games up there since then using Stub Hub.

After club level, I prefer lower deck, first base side, 2-3 sections past the dugout and mid-rows, closer if available.

I'd love to sit in the Scout Seats and the Jim Beam Club once just to say I did.

My seats are about seven rows behind the bullpen in left field and I like 'em. I found that anywhere down the line beyond first or third base has traffic problems with vendors and people in the aisles. In the outfield you're looking straight on so you don't get that. Left field also seems warmer than right field due to the wind that blows off the Stadium Club in right.

As I am getting old and soft, the Club Level has been mighty tempting on cold nights and real hot nights, too. It's great to take a breather in the climate controlled concourse. The addition of Smoque has made the extra cash for those seats worth it. As to the above, there are a number of nights I was able to get single game seats in the Club Level on the day of the game. I have also found many a bargain on stub hub especially early and late in the season.

Crestani
09-15-2010, 05:05 PM
In the dugout between Kotsay and Teahen..!!:wink:

ghostface36
09-15-2010, 05:45 PM
i love section 145 ive sat there twice in the 2nd and 5th row and would be my optimal place to see every time (being realistic) ive sat in similar seats down 1b line and liked them alot too also in right and LF which give you an awesome view+ spent some time in the bullpen bar table area (which is really fun if you drink) i havent been in the box seats r club level nor the 500's

chisoxfanatic
09-15-2010, 05:45 PM
I had the privilege to go to a game and sit in the club level between 1st base and home plate and absolutely loved it!

ClutchHarold#3
09-15-2010, 06:35 PM
For me, it's in sections 157 through 159 - really anywhere in the outfield, but esp. those sections. I played OF in college and now in an 18+ league and I like to be able to read the ball and not be fooled as to whether it's fair/foul, hr or in the park, etc.. It is also nice to have a straight-on view as someone posted earlier - without all the vendors and people getting up constantly.
I've been lucky enough to have clients/friends who have Scout Seats, so I've been able to go 2-3 x a season since '05 (inc. ALCS game 2). They're great to see a game a couple times a season from, but I would not want to sit there more than that - prefer the atmosphere in the OF seats better, plus I would wind up being at least 25lbs heavier by the end of the season!

TDog
09-15-2010, 08:08 PM
In either 2001 or 2002, I lived outside of Milwaukee and drove down alone for a lot of weekend games. Early in the season, I got a seat in the front row down the third base line. The rest of the seats in the row were sold for the season, and if I got to the park early enough on gameday, it would be available. That was a cool seat. I've forgotten the section number. Amazingly, I never got any foul balls. I stopped someone from getting a fair ball once, though.

I went to a game two years ago when I was in Chicago for a convention, but other than that, I haven't been to park since July 2003.

Railsplitter
09-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Lower deck, close to concourse.

ChiSoxGirl
09-15-2010, 09:25 PM
I like premium upper box, low row, generally 530, 531, 533, some of the best seats in the park. The only exception is right next to the dugout or Beam Club.

You said it. Those seats are awesome!

Dub25
09-16-2010, 12:27 AM
My favorite place to sit is anywhere as long as I have a hot girl to hangout with... ooooo... I have one this Friday. Half way to St. Paddy's night... who cares if they are done... a Friday night at the ballyard beats any cold cold Sunday at Soldier Field.

Dub25
09-16-2010, 12:29 AM

Waitress
Short bathroom lines

R u saying ur too good for us in regular seats and that most of us are morons??? :scratch:

Dub25
09-16-2010, 12:30 AM
I usually sit in 508, i love it...having the section to myself, being on top of the game..but prolly my fav place to sit is anywhere from 101-108....my family used to have 13 gm packages for 108 last row aisle seats from 2001-06 those seats were AMAZING!

come to think of it ive never sat behind home plate since 01 (i remember nancy faust played some Zepplin when my dad aksed her) or behind the dugout ever....it sucks being broke, recently the closest ive been to the field was section 119 which was meh...

God bless you, I wish there were more like you. I admit, I dont like that section.

MrT27
09-16-2010, 05:50 AM
I personally like left field right behind the Sox bullpen. I love being able to watch the pitchers warm up up close

October26
09-16-2010, 08:14 AM

Waitress
Short bathroom lines

Yes - love the Club level! We took my dad for Frank Thomas Day/the game against the Yankees and really enjoyed sitting in those seats. The Club Level is worth every penny!

I personally like left field right behind the Sox bullpen. I love being able to watch the pitchers warm up up close I also like sitting here. Attended a day game on June 10th and saw the Sox beat the Tigers. It was so much fun to sit right behind/above the Sox bullpen.

dwitt76
09-16-2010, 08:26 AM
I am a 500 level junkie, Behind home plate. Cheap seats and a great view. Cheaper seats = More games you can go to.

shenk16
09-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Tie between Left Center field seats (Not Bleachers) and right behind the Visitors Dugout in the lower bowl.

There are no seats in actual Left Center other than the bleachers.

doublem23
09-16-2010, 09:11 AM
There are no seats in actual Left Center other than the bleachers.

Yes there are.

LF foul pole is at 156/157. Bleachers don't start until 160.

Jerko
09-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Being a "concourse stander" I usually plant myself by the post of section 162/163. I have friends who have seats out there so no matter the day, I usually run into somebody I know. And yes I DO watch the game. If I actually sit, I love the scout seats but haven't been down there this year.

Bruizer
09-16-2010, 09:47 AM
I am a 500 level junkie, Behind home plate. Cheap seats and a great view. Cheaper seats = More games you can go to.

Same here, although I find I can see the infield better if I move down the line a little (Section 544 or so). In the Premium Upper Box seats, I find that the people in front of me are hard to see by, especially if they sit on the edge of their seats. The best seats would be the first row of the Premium Upper Box seats for the price and the view. Occasionally, we'll get a good price on Premium Lower Box seats, too.

Cat Thief
09-16-2010, 09:47 AM
"Concourse Stander" also, right next to the beer stand. We used to have seats in 149 and we still preferred to stand out there. The tv they mounted on the beer stand was a great addition.

rdwj
09-16-2010, 10:24 AM
R u saying ur too good for us in regular seats and that most of us are morons??? :scratch:

lol - not at all. I USUALLY sit in regular seats. I just notice that people are better behaved in "good" seats. I'm all for having a good time, but I have a pretty low tolerance for people getting plastered, screaming obscenities and acting like D-bags; especially if I'm with my kids.

It seems to be that the cheaper the seats, the more of this type you encounter. I sincerely hope that the great majority of people that post here do not fit my description. I assume we're a better class of fan - no matter where we sit.

ewokpelts
09-16-2010, 12:29 PM
lol - not at all. I USUALLY sit in regular seats. I just notice that people are better behaved in "good" seats. I'm all for having a good time, but I have a pretty low tolerance for people getting plastered, screaming obscenities and acting like D-bags; especially if I'm with my kids.

It seems to be that the cheaper the seats, the more of this type you encounter. I sincerely hope that the great majority of people that post here do not fit my description. I assume we're a better class of fan - no matter where we sit.my wife and i have more problems in the lower deck than the upper deck.

GoGoCrede
09-16-2010, 12:32 PM
I personally like left field right behind the Sox bullpen. I love being able to watch the pitchers warm up up close

I do too. I often seat-hop and sit over in that area because there are a lot of empty seats.

ewokpelts
09-16-2010, 12:42 PM
I do too. I often seat-hop and sit over in that area because there are a lot of empty seats.as a STH in that area, I hate you

GoGoCrede
09-16-2010, 12:44 PM
as a STH in that area, I hate you

Not directly behind the bullpen, closer to the foul pole, where there are always rows and rows of seats empty. I only do it in the 8th or so.

ewokpelts
09-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Not directly behind the bullpen, closer to the foul pole, where there are always rows and rows of seats empty. I only do it in the 8th or so.then you live...for now....

I'm in 158. We have TONS of problems with jackases that dont understand that the seatnumber on thier ticket means they gotta actually sit there.

GoGoCrede
09-16-2010, 12:48 PM
then you live...for now....

I'm in 158. We have TONS of problems with jackases that dont understand that the seatnumber on thier ticket means they gotta actually sit there.

I always try to get tickets in 156 because it's close to the bathroom, and the exit closer to the el, but it's difficult. I always wonder why that entire section is often almost empty.

ewokpelts
09-16-2010, 12:50 PM
I always try to get tickets in 156 because it's close to the bathroom, and the exit closer to the el, but it's difficult. I always wonder why that entire section is often almost empty.horrible sightlines.

GoGoCrede
09-16-2010, 12:52 PM
horrible sightlines.

I like it. :shrug: I'd never seat hop any closer to the bullpen because I know those are more expensive and ST holders are there.

shenk16
09-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Yes there are.

LF foul pole is at 156/157. Bleachers don't start until 160.

Not trying to start a war here, but look at the seating chart...

156-159 are LEFT field along with Sectiong 160 (Bleachers)

161-163 (Bleachers) make up what is considered in baseball terms as Left-Center

Regardless, I'm in Section 163 on the weekends and other than the Jim Beam Club and Scout Seats I'd sit out there any day!

rdwj
09-16-2010, 02:13 PM
then you live...for now....

A good friend of mine had tickets right there - very nice seats.

esbrechtel
09-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Upper deck behind home plate or in the outfield. I hate sitting on the sides because the vendors constantly get in the way.

ChiSoxGirl
09-16-2010, 04:00 PM
horrible sightlines.

No doubt. I sat in Sec. 156 for Frank Thomas Day and couldn't see a damn thing. Every picture I took that afternoon is of the jumbotron. Not to mention the fact that my view of the field wasn't very good.

Dick Allen
09-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Stall #1.

I had the opportunity to sit in the Jim Beam Club (as someone's guest, couldn't afford it otherwise) for the Friday night game against NYY last year. That was the day the Sox got Peavy. Great time, postgame fireworks, and Rongey has his postgame show there on Friday nights. The only thing that pissed me off was having Yankee fans sitting in front of us and next to us. But we got the last laugh that night.

doublem23
09-17-2010, 12:55 AM
Not trying to start a war here, but look at the seating chart...

156-159 are LEFT field along with Sectiong 160 (Bleachers)

161-163 (Bleachers) make up what is considered in baseball terms as Left-Center

Regardless, I'm in Section 163 on the weekends and other than the Jim Beam Club and Scout Seats I'd sit out there any day!

I think you're splitting hairs here, man. I think most people understand what is meant by "the seats in left-center."