PDA

View Full Version : It was just a split but...

Kilroy
06-27-2002, 04:41 PM
I think we come out of there a bit happier than we went in, right?

I wouldn't be surprised to see some swagger from the Sox the next time we see the Twins. Not arrogant swagger, confident swagger.

The Twins gotta see the M's, A's, Tex, Ana while we have 8 against Det, and 5 against Cle. The Sox take care of bidness, and the gap should close by the time we see these jags again...

voodoochile
06-27-2002, 04:43 PM
It was great to see the team playing with more intensity, doing the little things and coming "" that close to a sweep. Keep the hard play going and this team will be right there come August and September...

raul12
06-27-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
It was great to see the team playing with more intensity, doing the little things and coming "" that close to a sweep. Keep the hard play going and this team will be right there come August and September...

hopefully there is a september.

nice to see us play well in the roller dome. while i liked the offensive showing, we shouldn't expect the same thing once we move to a legitimate playing surface. the ball is just so damn fast on that concrete.

so so close to a sweep....but we have reason to celebrate in that we put in a good effort in all four games and at least split with them.

i just about had a heart attack in the last few innings with all those walks....

Foulke You
06-27-2002, 04:47 PM
The big difference was the Sox weren't playing corpse ball in the dome and were not intimidated at all with the Twinks. They took it to them in a very tough building to play in. A split is respectable but they were oh so close to a 4 game sweep. Gary Glover is still not a starter though. We need to get a true #5 bad.

hold2dibber
06-27-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
The big difference was the Sox weren't playing corpse ball in the dome and were not intimidated at all with the Twinks. They took it to them in a very tough building to play in. A split is respectable but they were oh so close to a 4 game sweep. Gary Glover is still not a starter though. We need to get a true #5 bad.

Amen to that! I like Glover as a middle reliever, but he is not a starter. Another starting pitcher is desparately needed. Maybe I'll start a Jeff Weaver thread just to get everyone all riled up again ... :D:

Jerry_Manuel
06-27-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
I think we come out of there a bit happier than we went in, right?

I wouldn't be surprised to see some swagger from the Sox the next time we see the Twins. Not arrogant swagger, confident swagger.

The Twins gotta see the M's, A's, Tex, Ana while we have 8 against Det, and 5 against Cle. The Sox take care of bidness, and the gap should close by the time we see these jags again...

It was nice to see them hang with the Twins. That's a big if with this team. It looks like the Sox have a much easier schedule, but sometimes this team doesn't show up.

Moses_Scurry
06-27-2002, 05:11 PM
This was a much better series than any of the Twins series's that I remember from last year and even most of those from 2000. They were in every game and could have very easily swept them if a couple things had gone differently.

I've decided to not give up on this team just yet. The Sox have alot of games against KC, Detroit, and Cleveland in July. If July ends and they're no better off than now, that is when I will officially give up on them!

Alot also depends on this coming scrub series too.

yyz
06-27-2002, 07:53 PM
Excellent point about the schedule. At least 3 of the 4 AL West teams are better than any AL Central team, and the Twins have yet to play any games against Seattle or Oakland. If we can just get on a roll against the Cubs, Tigers and Injuns, everything else will take care of itself. We should be hot on their tail by the time they show at at Comiskey. And let's not forget that the Twins have a losing road record (18-20).