PDA

View Full Version : Official: Sox Come Back from 6 Down Post Game Thread

KMcMahon817
09-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Come on guys, we just won.

Hell of a comeback. Let's get those damn Twinkies this week.

DickAllen72
09-12-2010, 05:42 PM
This game was symbolic and a microcosm of the rest of this season. Being down by six before they even got a chance to bat, the Sox came all the way back to win the game.

Being six games out of first before the game even started and before the final series with the Twins, the Sox will come all the way back to win this division.

Hitmen77
09-12-2010, 05:45 PM
The Sox are on pace to win 89 games. Let's see if we can at least get a 90-win season out of this roller coaster ride.

Great to comeback after being down 6-0.

manders_01
09-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Scoreboard watched during Da Bears game but wasn't really paying attention to the Sox game. Was however very glad to see Andruw jack one with the bases loaded. :bandance:

Don't stop now boys!!!

October26
09-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Sox win! Sox win! It feels so good to be able to say that. I'm gonna enjoy this win because I know that the "you-know-who's" are coming to town next week.

This game did not start off well with the Sox being down 6-0 after the first inning, but kudos to the White sox for a great comeback win!:D:

Today was an outstanding day for the Sox and for Paulie Konerko. Congratulations, Paulie on your 5th career 100+ RBI season and 4th career 30+ homer season. And TWO home runs for Paulie today - Wow.
And, of course, Andrew Jones with that pinch hit grand-slam homer! As my teenagers would say: This was an awesome win! :bandance:

Tragg
09-12-2010, 05:54 PM
So does the starter have any talent at all and is just struggling to pull it together? Or is he a AAAA pitcher filling in.

russ99
09-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Nice comeback win, guys, now let's do some damage vs. the Twins.

Where's all the dark clouds today? Oh yeah, they all gave up. Good riddance.

soxlady8
09-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Wow -- that was great! Jonesy and Paulie are the men TODAY!
Good job by the pen and defense for keeping the Royals from scoring anymore than those six runs in the first.

It might be very very interesting all the way to the end-

Dan H
09-12-2010, 06:07 PM
It was a great win and a great comeback. And to give the Sox more credit, they have been 9-4 in their last 13 games. But the Twins have just been too hot. They will have to lose some games, but everything is a long shot for the Sox at the moment.

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-12-2010, 06:30 PM
This game was symbolic and a microcosm of the rest of this season. Being down by six before they even got a chance to bat, the Sox came all the way back to win the game.

Being six games out of first before the game even started and before the final series with the Twins, the Sox will come all the way back to win this division.

Yes they came back...Versus KC @ home. Let's see what happens TUE-THURS.

TDog
09-12-2010, 06:31 PM
It was a great win and a great comeback. And to give the Sox more credit, they have been 9-4 in their last 13 games. But the Twins have just been too hot. They will have to lose some games, but everything is a long shot for the Sox at the moment.

The White Sox have been playing pretty good baseball. The blip was the Detroit series after sweeping in Boston. I'm not so sure that nagging injuries toe Beckham and Konerko had anything to do with that, but it wouldn't change things if they did. I don't know how Konerko tweaked his back in Boston, and don't know if having him DH the second game would have prevented or minimized that nagging injury. But I'm not looking for excuses.

It might seem that the Twins have been getting all the breaks -- an infield fly hitting the ceiling in St. Pete to win a game against the Rays, a Rangers hitter being called out for making contact with the third-base coach to end a game, an Indians batter being called out for interference with runners on first and third and one out late in a game the Twins would win 1-0 in 12 innings on the road. It might seem the Twins are a team of destiny, although I don't see how that pitching staff can succeed in October.

Maybe the White Sox are due a few breaks. Maybe not. The turning point of today's game was the 3-1 pitch by Linebrink with the bases loaded and one out with the White Sox down by two. The doubleplay kept the Sox close enough to tie game on a passed ball. They say that luck is the residue of design (as if that play against the Rangers had anything to do with design.)

Regardless, it's been a fun baseball season, and it isn't over yet.

GoGoCrede
09-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Two very exciting games - Sox and Bears. And a lovely day outside to boot. Too bad I missed all of it. Oh well - :bandance::gulp:

DirtySox
09-12-2010, 06:48 PM
so does the starter have any talent at all and is just struggling to pull it together? Or is he a aaaa pitcher filling in.

Harrell is nothing special. AAAA.

DirtySox
09-12-2010, 06:49 PM

I'm still here.

It's still over.

GoGoCrede
09-12-2010, 06:50 PM

Aww, there's no need to rub it in, is there? Especially since they could still be right.

VMSNS
09-12-2010, 06:53 PM
I can't for the life of me figure out how this team can rally to come back from a 6-0 deficit to win, yet they can look so completely lifeless and dead on games like yesterday. This has been going on all season long. The Sox lack any kind of consistency, both on offense and defense, as well as starting pitching.

The Royals are a God-awful ****ty mess of a team, and we should have swept them. We need to take at least 2-of-3 against the Twins, but a sweep is what we really need. We're hanging on by a thread here.

WhiteSox1989
09-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Thank God for Paul Konerko.

GoGoCrede
09-12-2010, 06:54 PM
I, for one, wish today's team had been at last night's game. :D:

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-12-2010, 06:56 PM
I can't for the life of me figure out how this team can rally to come back from a 6-0 deficit to win, yet they can look so completely lifeless and dead on games like yesterday. This has been going on all season long. The Sox lack any kind of consistency, both on offense and defense, as well as starting pitching.

The Royals are a God-awful ****ty mess of a team, and we should have swept them. We need to take at least 2-of-3 against the Twins, but a sweep is what we really need. We're hanging on by a thread here.

I agree with your 1st paragraph but actually the Royals shoulda swept the Sox given how the games were (blown the game, blow-out, lost an early big lead)

Thank God for Paul Konerko.

Ha yes

Lip Man 1
09-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Nice comeback. I know some folks think it's meaningless but I hope they play hard to the end and win as many games as possible.

Harrell is AAAA filler.

To the poster who asked / mentioned the up and down nature of this team this year, that's the million dollar question isn't it?

I think the blame falls somewhat on Ozzie and somewhat on the players who are far to passive for my liking, with no vocal clubhouse leaders (although that may be Ozzie's wish...) and a lack of urgency which was apparent at the start of the season. (Could that be because of the way Ozzie handles the work load on players in the spring? i.e. continuing to play minor league fillers right up to the last day of the spring instead of getting his regulars in the frame of mind needed to be ready to go when the bell rings?)

Like I said in another thread the onus is on Sox upper management to fix this issue before the start of next season.

Lip

ChiSoxGal85
09-12-2010, 07:31 PM
I had given up after that 1st inning. Thought it was gonna be one of THOSE games. Glad they proved me wrong. Paulie is the MAN. Andruw - OMG.

I'm sticking it out until they win it all or are mathematically eliminated. Who am I kidding - I'll be watching until they pack up the lockers.

Domeshot17
09-12-2010, 07:59 PM
good comeback, but this was a must sweep series. As is the next one. We probably need to practically win out to have any kind of a shot.

Nelfox02
09-12-2010, 08:29 PM
great rally win today

thought the DP turn on Betemit was slick, not to mention timely

still very lilttle hope for post season, but a strong finish for the Sox would be nice

at the very least lets keep the Twins from clinching as long as possible

as much as this team has made me want to put my fist thru a brick wall at times this year......sorta sucks to see the season starting to wind down

Red Barchetta
09-12-2010, 08:40 PM

We really need to sweep the Twins. If we take 2/3, we only gain one game. We need all three!

hi im skot
09-12-2010, 08:47 PM
as much as this team has made me want to put my fist thru a brick wall at times this year......sorta sucks to see the season starting to wind down

It's always sad when baseball season ends, at least for me.

I feel the same way about this year's squad, but there's something about them that I really like. It's been a lot of fun watching Vizquel, and even Jones has had some pretty awesome moments (including today, of course). Konerko's career year has been a blast, and it was great to see Sox fans really show their appreciation today.

I don't expect much from them in the next few weeks, but I'd love it if they could at least keep things interesting.

LongLiveFisk
09-12-2010, 08:51 PM
I had given up after that 1st inning. Thought it was gonna be one of THOSE games. Glad they proved me wrong. Paulie is the MAN. Andruw - OMG.

I'm sticking it out until they win it all or are mathematically eliminated. Who am I kidding - I'll be watching until they pack up the lockers.

Me too. Although in my case, I have tickets to Fan Appreciation Day and I am STILL hoping it will be a meaningful game. :praying:

Nelfox02
09-12-2010, 09:01 PM
I feel the same way about this year's squad, but there's something about them that I really like.

when you step back, there have been some nice things going on this season......going into it I did not think the sox would do much this year, after horrible April and the win 1 lose 2, win 2, lose 1 May ride......I thought we might be battling to stay at .500 all year.......never figured we would have meaningful baseball until labor day.....never thought we would sniff first place, let alone be there for a few weeks

I sorta feel like I felt after the 2008 season ended----we have the parts to be a contender the following season in place, but we need a bit of refinement and a few more pieces added to really make it stand up. As we all know managment failed in that regard dismally for the 09 season......hopefully they make the moves needed to get us over the top this winter

Noneck
09-12-2010, 09:11 PM
The Sox should be proud of themselves. It would be real easy to just pack it in now. Paul was the guy today and because of what he has done this year he will be rewarded handsomely. Finally I realized how far Quentins stock has fallen when Jones pinch hit for Teahan. I wonder if Quentin will get another start here as a Sox.

JB98
09-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Beautiful afternoon at the ballpark!

As TDog mentioned, the critical play in today's game was the DP turn to get out of that top of the fourth. The Sox were down 6-4 at that point. KC had the bags loaded and the count was 3-1. Linebrink was really struggling, and it looked like the Royals might blow it open again. Instead, the Sox got out of trouble and went on to win.

I stated on my blog earlier this week that the Sox should start Pena if Garcia is unavailable. IMO, starting Harrell is a mistake. The guy is just not big-league caliber. I realize Pena is a mediocre veteran and nothing to write home about, but at least he's a big-leaguer.

I wouldn't start Harrell in another game until the AL Central race is decided.

ohthosechisox
09-12-2010, 09:49 PM

I like the way you think. ;)

But, as a realist, all I would really like is some good baseball games to close out the season.

doublem23
09-12-2010, 10:23 PM

I agree, and 2010 was a lot of fun... It blows that they're going to fall short because it would have been great to lump this year in with my absolute favorites like 2005, 1993, 2000, and 2008.

doublem23
09-12-2010, 10:24 PM

Today was basically a meaningless game and the Bears were playing.

LoveYourSuit
09-12-2010, 10:25 PM

Dark Clouds are gone because it stormed here already.

Now it's time for the clean up, let's re-build for 2011.

I like our starting rotation once again for 2011.

palehozenychicty
09-13-2010, 12:06 AM
A good win. This is really an inconsistent team, and I wonder why. No real finger can be put where, but something is off.

GoGoCrede
09-13-2010, 12:06 AM
A good win. This is really an inconsistent team, and I wonder why. No real finger can be put where, but something is off.

It felt like that last season, too.

guillensdisciple
09-13-2010, 12:08 AM

It felt like that last season, too.

While I hate doing this, I do think that the team psyche might have a little bit of a problem. This lies solely on management. Ozzie, Walker- someone over there is a problem.

LoveYourSuit
09-13-2010, 12:57 AM
While I hate doing this, I do think that the team psyche might have a little bit of a problem. This lies solely on management. Ozzie, Walker- someone over there is a problem.

There is just this negative tone about this team since 2006 which makes me sick. It's like this us against the world mentality against everyone. The coaching staff, the GM, the announcer. It has to stop!

gogosox675
09-13-2010, 01:01 AM
It's games like these that make me love this team. People have doubted them since day one and here they are, in the middle of September, still playing as hard as they can and not giving up. They probably won't win the division, but this team will always be one of my favorites because they never stop trying.

doublem23
09-13-2010, 01:18 AM
It's games like these that make me love this team. People have doubted them since day one and here they are, in the middle of September, still playing as hard as they can and not giving up. They probably won't win the division, but this team will always be one of my favorites because they never stop trying.

So then what was yesterday?

guillensdisciple
09-13-2010, 01:22 AM
There is just this negative tone about this team since 2006 which makes me sick. It's like this us against the world mentality against everyone. The coaching staff, the GM, the announcer. It has to stop!

Yep, there is something completely off with that mentality, and it does not win championships. I have no idea how we can change any of this either.

GoGoCrede
09-13-2010, 01:28 AM
So then what was yesterday?

It's clear the poster is trying to block it from memory, like I am. As far as I'm concerned, no game was played yesterday. :cool:

LoveYourSuit
09-13-2010, 01:33 AM

From day 1 to well into May, they played like dog ****.

Did you miss those games by any chance?

And this whole thing that we should applaud these guys for effort and for not giving up, is this not their job? Should they not be playing hard all the time? :scratch:

kufram
09-13-2010, 03:34 AM
Some people on WSI complaining about negativity from the team is really kettle/black stuff.

It's easy to find reasons to give up on a team like this, but some have been looking very hard since April/May when so many players were so far below their lifetime performances that it just wasn't going to carry on like that for a season. AJ has finally come through. There are positives and negatives on the season. It ain't over yet. The team have shown serious bad streaks and the team have proven they can go on a streak and beat everybody for a while. If you really concentrate on the bad stuff I guess you can find a way to enjoy the dark side.

It's easy to be mad and give up now. I choose to be hopeful because how good would it feel to sweep Minn? Then who would be looking over their shoulder at the scoreboard every night? Hope is a good thing.

hawkjt
09-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Yes, I find it very rich that the most negative fans would complain about this team and management and announcing team's negativity. That has to be a joke,right? These fans who are negative about the whole organization,and now even negative about the negativity? Wow.

I also find it amusing that some of these fans actually think that the team ''did not try hard in April and May and in Saturdays game''....like the team gets together and decides in which games they will ''try hard''. Another joke,right?

I was flipping between the Bears and the Sox so missed the disasterous first,but caught PK's homers..and then the post-bear game rally including Andruw's big blast.
As has been said, 9-4 in their last 13 is no disgrace. It might end up being too little too late,but there is no quit in this clubhouse.
So, Sox just need to win the next 6, while the Twins lose 5 of 6 and we have a super-exciting last two weeks,with all the naysayers flooding back in,ripping the Sox all the way, but I will say...welcome back,brothers.:D:

hi im skot
09-13-2010, 10:26 AM
I also find it amusing that some of these fans actually think that the team ''did not try hard in April and May and in Saturdays game''....like the team gets together and decides in which games they will ''try hard''. Another joke,right?

I like that this team never seems to give up; it's something we haven't seen in a couple years. However, if you watched Saturday's game, it sure as hell looked like they were distracted and half-assing it.