PDA

View Full Version : Edwin Jackson and September

Pablo_Honey
09-12-2010, 02:30 AM
One of the things that had me hate the Jackson trade before Coop worked his magic, was Jackson's disgusting splits in September and October of regular season. This isn't meant to be a knee-jerk reaction to Edwin's bad outing and I'm not trying to start another debate about the trade. Instead, I want to ask this simple question: What is it about September that made Jackson ineffective in the past and now seems to be going through another rough September?

I was hoping that whatever Coop did would help him remain solid throughout the rest of the season but so far he's given up more runs in 2 starts of September than he has done in 5 starts of August. I hope to God that this is just a fluke but history indicates that it may not be the case. We traded a rookie for him because we wanted the experience and stability he would bring to the rotation and up until now, it worked out just perfectly. Something must be up. Tired arm? Javier Vazquez Syndrome?

BoKnowsBest
09-12-2010, 02:53 AM
I'd have to blame fatigue this year since he hasn't been the same pitcher since he threw 120+ pitches a couple starts ago. He had the same kind of blowup in the starts after his no hitter if I remember correctly, so I'm just guessing that he's got a dead arm right now.

CWSpalehoseCWS
09-12-2010, 04:44 AM
Idk how accurate this is, but tonight (I think) Stoney mentioned that the Royals lefties were waiting on certain pitches Jackson threw. Maybe something like that could be a factor? Certainly looked like they knew what they were doing.