PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Can we just flush this Royal pain? 9-11 KC 8 Sox 2 postgame puke thread

Frater Perdurabo
09-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Blech...

WhiteSox5187
09-11-2010, 10:15 PM
The tragic number is at 16. Let's hope it stays there. We're going to need an Indian sweep...god damn. What a horse **** effort that was.

ChiSoxGal85
09-11-2010, 10:15 PM
:whiner: um...go Indians.

guillensdisciple
09-11-2010, 10:17 PM
While I don't really know what is wrong with this team in regards to playing teh Royals, I will say that if Cleveland can somehow win today and then tomorrow then we are in some serious business.

6 games back or more coming into Tuesday and I think it's over. That's too much, way too much for the Sox to overcome.

My jackpot would be 4 games back and sweep. I think this is the game Cleveland HAS to win to deflate the Twins. The Twins win this one, and I don't see them losing.

The White Sox are the same mess. How they will sweep the Twins, I have no idea. I guess I'm just grasping for straws or something positive. That's the only thing I can do anyway.

I'll see you guys tomorrow.

TDog
This looked like an April or May loss. Except no one can blame not having a real DH in the lineup.

Frater Perdurabo
:facepalm:

:chunks

mcsoxfan
09-11-2010, 10:18 PM
The tragic number is at 16. Let's hope it stays there. We're going to need an Indian sweep...god damn. What a horse **** effort that was.

What we need is the season just to come to an end.
This team does not deserve to be in the post season.
They don't care, why should you or anyone else?

WhiteSox5187
09-11-2010, 10:18 PM
While I don't really know what is wrong with this team in regards to playing teh Royals, I will say that if Cleveland can somehow win today and then tomorrow then we are in some serious business.

6 games back or more coming into Tuesday and I think it's over. That's too much, way too much for the Sox to overcome.

My jackpot would be 4 games back and sweep. I think this is the game Cleveland HAS to win to deflate the Twins. The Twins win this one, and I don't see them losing.

The White Sox are the same mess. How they will sweep the Twins, I have no idea. I guess I'm just grasping for straws or something positive. That's the only thing I can do anyway.

I'll see you guys tomorrow.

We have struggled with the last place teams seemingly every year since 2006. I have no idea why that is.

CLR01
09-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Blech...

It will be finished soon enough.

Craig Grebeck
09-11-2010, 10:19 PM
This looked like an April or May loss. Except no one can blame not having a real DH in the lineup.
Jesus ****. Let it go. Everyone knows that you think it was a fine idea and, no matter what, the pitching is always at fault. At least it didn't take the usual 29 sentences to get your **** across.

WhiteSox5187
09-11-2010, 10:20 PM
What we need is the season just to come to an end.
This team does not deserve to be in the post season.
They don't care, why should you or anyone else?

I think that they care and I think that (even with the piss poor showing tonight) they will still fight. If they didn't care they wouldn't have gone 7-3 on that road trip, they wouldn't have come back and won last night. Tonight was a bad game and sadly we can't really afford bad games anymore.

Frater Perdurabo
09-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Jesus ****. Let it go. Everyone knows that you think it was a fine idea and, no matter what, the pitching is always at fault. At least it didn't take the usual 29 sentences to get your **** across.

We could have Eddie Gaedel, Julio Ramirez, Royce Clayton and Brian Anderson at DH and he'd be blaming the pitching.

WhiteSox5187
09-11-2010, 10:23 PM
We could have Eddie Gaedel, Julio Ramirez, Royce Clayton and Brian Anderson at DH and he'd be blaming the pitching.

Yea well, when you give up 16 hits and 8 runs I think there is some evidence to suggest pitching was the problem.

guillensdisciple
In all honesty I don't know how the Sox can have much fight left. That road trip could have been overly deflating because they played their hearts out and lost ground. Probably destroys your psyche. Cleveland sweeps and they have hope and play them extremely hard this week.

Craig Grebeck
It's his wisdom. Another fine example: his long-held belief that Mark Kotsay is a better offensive player than Nick Swisher. Amazing.

Craig Grebeck
09-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Yea well, when you give up 16 hits and 8 runs I think there is some evidence to suggest pitching was the problem.
Of course pitching was the problem tonight.

Domeshot17
09-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Bad pitching plus an offense that puts out 8 hits and scores 2 runs against a bad KC pitcher. Sounds about right. Atleast this team will have no one to blame but themselves come October. This isn't bad luck, just bad baseball.

Frater Perdurabo
09-11-2010, 10:26 PM

Yes, pitching was a problem tonight.

But sometimes your offense bails out and you win 10-8.

Other times, your manager doesn't want a LH hitter with 550+ homers and benches better hitters to make sure Mark Kotsay gets his ABs.

Frater Perdurabo
09-11-2010, 10:27 PM
It's his wisdom. Another fine example: his long-held belief that Mark Kotsay is a better offensive player than Nick Swisher. Amazing.

There are many Ozzpologists who think Kotsay is a better player than Thome, just because Ozzie says so, and because Ozzie can't be wrong.

BoysMom3
09-11-2010, 10:32 PM
It was a tough choice, but I'm glad I chose to watch the Illini game over the sox game. But I won't give up until I have to.

SI1020
09-11-2010, 10:34 PM
It was a tough choice, but I'm glad I chose to watch the Illini game over the sox game. But I won't give up until I have to. As bad as they've been at least they're beating up on someone tonight.

Tragg
09-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Good thing we have those pitchers from the Diamondbacks for that all important veteran presence in Ozzie's clubhouse for the pennant race.

TDog
09-11-2010, 10:40 PM

I'm sorry I wasted your time.

guillensdisciple
09-11-2010, 10:42 PM
One thing I would like to mention that someone talked about in the game thread in regards to Thome. A lot of his numbers do come in from the fact that he does havfe such protection from top to bottom, and with how horrible our offense was in the beginning I don't think he would have helped much because he would not have seen much to hit.

I think it was Tdog who mentioned it, but it is a really valid point. i don't want to argue either way, because I really don't care but it is an interesting idea.

Oh, and looks like Cleveland of all places wants the White Sox to stick around in this race.Hopefully they can win today. It would be huge if they can sweep and if we can get over the Royals tomorrow and win.

guillensdisciple
09-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Good thing we have those pitchers from the Diamondbacks for that all important veteran presence in Ozzie's clubhouse for the pennant race.

Edwin has been damn good for us, and Hudson is playing in the N.L. Upside still sides with Edwin. Give me another year of him next year until I can fully agree or disagree with this statement.

Patrick134
09-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Unbelievable how a team can come out so flat after a win like last night's, but this is the team that gave away the division the day after Buerhle's perfecto last year.

Madvora
09-11-2010, 10:58 PM
The only the way the Sox are going to stay in this thing is by sweeping the Twins, we all know this.
Most seem to all have forgotten that the possibility of this team sweeping the Twins is zero. It's over. It's been over.
I can't wait for next year. Sale, Threets, Viciedo and Jackson should be fun to watch.

slavko
09-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Jackson's been bomb-o since he threw a hundred and plenty pitches the day he saved our depleted bullpen. Look back at what he did following the 156? pitch no-hitter. There's a way to use him. We don't know it.

Listening to Hawk moan about Country Joe letting that game begin where Jackson wasted a start throwing seven pitches. Ozzie had the same weather report, should have sent Liney out there to throw the one inning necessary before the rainout. Got to think ahead. Claim Jackson had digestive distress and send out Liney. I would have.

SoxSpeed22
09-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Not a good time for Jackson to have his worst outing this year (for us at least). This stunk on every facet, except maybe baserunning.

Brian26
09-11-2010, 11:06 PM

This seems like a personal attack. Don't do it again when you're allowed back here.

SoxSpeed22
09-11-2010, 11:06 PM
I can't wait for next year. Sale, Threets, Viciedo and Jackson should be fun to watch.Threets just had Tommy John surgery, I doubt he will pitch next season. He showed some promise though.

Brian26
09-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Edwin has been damn good for us, and Hudson is playing in the N.L. Upside still sides with Edwin. Give me another year of him next year until I can fully agree or disagree with this statement.

I'd bet that, if Kenny had a time machine right now, he'd take that trade back in a second. We've got a pitcher now completely out of gas who's owed 8+ million next season.

hi im skot
09-11-2010, 11:13 PM
They mailed it in tonight.

guillensdisciple
09-11-2010, 11:15 PM
I'd bet that, if Kenny had a time machine right now, he'd take that trade back in a second. We've got a pitcher now completely out of gas who's owed 8+ million next season.

This, sadly, I will agree 100 percent.

Hudson was always bomb on any level- he was the pitching equivalent of Gordon.

Now we have Sale as our best pitching prospect, and I really want to see him start.

Due to my growing belief that Danks or Floyd will never be more than a really good 3 or 4- I do think trading one of them for great hitting will do us well. WE can get a damn good haul for him and prepare Sale to pitch for us. Sale screams ace with everything he has.

mcsoxfan
09-11-2010, 11:44 PM

Now we have Sale as our best pitching prospect, and I really want to see him start.

Due to my growing belief that Danks or Floyd will never be more than a really good 3 or 4- I do think trading one of them for great hitting will do us well. WE can get a damn good haul for him and prepare Sale to pitch for us. Sale screams ace with everything he has.

Consider Jenks blew a beautiful pitched game for him and Beckman's horrid defense tonight, it's most understandable he was due. He'll be fine. I think he and Sale could a devasting one-two punch in 2011.

Frankfan4life
09-11-2010, 11:46 PM
I give that game a 10 on the "Dadgummit" scale. I just hope this is the worst baseball the Sox will play the rest of the season whether we win the division or not.

Edit: I've seen too many games like that this year and I just can't stand to see another one.

Noneck
09-12-2010, 12:07 AM
Consider Jenks blew a beautiful pitched game for him and Beckman's horrid defense tonight, it's most understandable he was due. He'll be fine. I think he and Sale could a devasting one-two punch in 2011.

Who and where is this one-two punch going to take place?

salty99
09-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Terrible loss and Twins win on a Thome homer. Sox down 6 with 20 to play.

:whiner:

guillensdisciple
09-12-2010, 12:19 AM
If the Twins go 10 and 10 we have to go a ridiculous 17-3 to take the division. This is donezo like alonzo.

Patrick134
09-12-2010, 12:28 AM
If the Twins go 10 and 10 we have to go a ridiculous 17-3 to take the division. This is donezo like alonzo.

If we can't beat Detroit and KC in what are essentially playoff games already, we have no business in the post season.

Nelfox02
09-12-2010, 12:34 AM
this was over after we dropped those three games and went to six back, they gave it a nice shot with the 7-0 start to the road trip, and at 3.5 they had a pulse, they needed to get into the Twins series at worst three back......for me what died today was that last little slice of insane hope that crept up in my mind "hey, sweep KC, maybe Minn drops 2 of 3 and then at least win that Twins seres, and then and then and then........."

a trade mark sox loss tonight that seems to pop up at the worst time over the last few years====shoddy D, opponents getting key 2 out RBI, bats slumbering against a mediocre at best pitcher we have seen this song and dance too many times

just looking for the sox to finish out the season strong now, rack up some W's, head out of 2010 with the best feelings possible

it sucks.....the feel of fall is in the air now, football is firing up, you see the ad's for post season baseball popping up.....and you know yet again it wont be coming for the Sox......there is nothing like post season baseball....nothing like counting down that magic number waiting to clinch....bummer

TheOldRoman
09-12-2010, 12:41 AM
A shameful, pitiful loss. The Sox just didn't want to be there today. Maybe they were heading to a party afterwards. They will have plenty of time to party in a few weeks. At least this game wasn't frustrating with me hanging on the whole time. They faced a garbage pitcher and a mediocre offense. Jackson had his first bad game, but I would have been more frustrated if the offense did a ****ing thing. Instead, it just meant I could ignore the game completely after the 6th. I have said before that this team doesn't give up as easily as they have the past 4 years, but there are still games like this where they give no effort at all.

THIS is why the Sox are underachieving and why someone needs to be held responsible. I don't ****ing care if they end up winning 90 games. They can't beat the Twins, Indians or even the ****ing Royals? That is unacceptable.

mcsoxfan
09-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Who and where is this one-two punch going to take place?

You don't read very well do you?
I'll spell it out for you - Sale and Jackson could be the number 1-2 picthers in the starting rotation next year 2011.
How's that?

OmahaSoxFan
09-12-2010, 12:56 AM

I'm sorry, but I am an eternal optimist, but the Sox are done... tonight was a good chance to make up a game but the Sox got blow out by a lowly Royals team (that really has had the upper hand on the Sox as of late :angry:), and the Twins won an extra innings game. Tonight's game showed the difference between the Sox and the Twins.

The Sox are lifeless right now (except for PK), and the Twins may really just be on fire...

It sucks, but it is what it is... :angry:

ChiSoxGirl
09-12-2010, 12:56 AM
Putrid. What a snoozefest out there tonight! The crowd was lifeless, the ballpark seemed half asleep, and this was the smallest Saturday night crowd I've seen since April. I'm now winless since July 11.... :whiner:

OmahaSoxFan
09-12-2010, 12:58 AM
A shameful, pitiful loss. The Sox just didn't want to be there today. Maybe they were heading to a party afterwards. They will have plenty of time to party in a few weeks. At least this game wasn't frustrating with me hanging on the whole time. They faced a garbage pitcher and a mediocre offense. Jackson had his first bad game, but I would have been more frustrated if the offense did a ****ing thing. Instead, it just meant I could ignore the game completely after the 6th. I have said before that this team doesn't give up as easily as they have the past 4 years, but there are still games like this where they give no effort at all.

THIS is why the Sox are underachieving and why someone needs to be held responsible. I don't ****ing care if they end up winning 90 games. They can't beat the Twins, Indians or even the ****ing Royals? That is unacceptable.

The Sox look like they are mailing it in at this point... 5-6 games back??? What the heck, what's the point... just hope they can muster up 2 wins against the Twinks next week, if not... shut 'er down... :redneck

OmahaSoxFan
09-12-2010, 12:59 AM
Putrid. What a snoozefest out there tonight! The crowd was lifeless, the ballpark seemed half asleep, and this was the smallest Saturday night crowd I've seen since April. I'm now winless since July 11.... :whiner:

Sorry that you had to take in that loss in person tonight... I watched a few innings here and there between football, but when the Sox went down 8-1, the channel was changed permanently to football... sad display by the boys tonight... :mad:

mcsoxfan
09-12-2010, 01:04 AM
40 year old Thome is the Twins MVP.
He's played inspired baseball since Guillen dissed him a few weeks ago. I'm very happy for him.
I wonder if Sox management will get a share of the Twins playoff money. They were just as instrumental as anyone else in the Twins success.
What sorry decision-makers they are.

ChiSoxGirl
09-12-2010, 01:05 AM
Sorry that you had to take in that loss in person tonight... I watched a few innings here and there between football, but when the Sox went down 8-1, the channel was changed permanently to football... sad display by the boys tonight... :mad:

So am I. The sad thing is I started the year 8-0 on the season. If I take into account the loss I saw up in Minneapolis, I'm now 8-7. Damn.

LoveYourSuit
09-12-2010, 01:07 AM

If that's the case, I love this trade even more.

Every passing day, the more and more I feel Gordon will be nothing more than an average /above average players in this league. Not anywhere close to a star. It's still very early in his career, but 100+ strikeouts for a guy with minimum power is not a good sign.

StillMissOzzie
09-12-2010, 01:09 AM

We really needed the Tribe to win tonight to not lose anymore ground. Now, if the Sox can muster the cajones to take the series vs the Royals AND the Tribe can also pull off 2 out of 3, AND the Sox sweep the Twinkies in the big head-to-head series next week...the Sox will STILL be 2 back with 16 to play. :(:

If we can't beat Detroit and KC in what are essentially playoff games already, we have no business in the post season.

Sad, but true. The Twinkies have kicked ass within the division, while the Sox struggle against the bottom feeders like the Royals, Indians, and even the Tigers. The Twins have also already clinched the season series vs the Sox regardless of the upcoming series. That alone is why the Twinkies deserve the division title more than the Sox. But the Sox still have to make them earn it! :(:

SMO

Nelfox02
09-12-2010, 01:11 AM
You don't read very well do you?
I'll spell it out for you - Sale and Jackson could be the number 1-2 picthers in the starting rotation next year 2011.
How's that?

are you assuming the following then?

peavy does not recover from this year's injury for next season OR re injures himself thus requiring Sale to be moved to the roation

the years and innings finally catch up to Burly Mon......

neither Danks or Floyd (or maybe you assume the sox trade danks?) take the next step and remain maddengly inconsistent, middle rotation pitchers

If Edwin Jackson and Chris sale are the 1-2 pitchers on this staff next year, I think we might be in trouble IMO

LoveYourSuit
09-12-2010, 01:13 AM
40 year old Thome is the Twins MVP.
He's played inspired baseball since Guillen dissed him a few weeks ago. I'm very happy for him.
I wonder if Sox management will get a share of the Twins playoff money. They were just as instrumental as anyone else in the Twins success.
What sorry decision-makers they are.

As I said in August, Thome is the difference in the division.

Twins would have been toast after losing Morneu's bat.

But Thome saved their season. How many GW hits has he had this second half now?

Meanwhile, we have played an entire season now with ZERO power from the left side of the plate. ZERO!

Shame on Kenny if we don't sign Adam Dunn next year. Even at the expense of Konerko, your #1 guy needs to be a LH power stick.

LoveYourSuit
09-12-2010, 01:16 AM
We really needed the Tribe to win tonight to not lose anymore ground. Now, if the Sox can muster the cajones to take the series vs the Royals AND the Tribe can also pull off 2 out of 3, AND the Sox sweep the Twinkies in the big head-to-head series next week...the Sox will STILL be 2 back with 16 to play. :(:

Sad, but true. The Twinkies have kicked ass within the division, while the Sox struggle against the bottom feeders like the Royals, Indians, and even the Tigers. The Twins have also already clinched the season series vs the Sox regardless of the upcoming series. That alone is why the Twinkies deserve the division title more than the Sox. But the Sox still have to make them earn it! :(:

SMO

I disagree. The Sox needed to win their game tonight. They needed to not lose the series in Detroit. They needed to not piss the bed vs inferior teams this second half. And they did.

At this point, I am not looking for other teams to help us. The Sox need to help themselves.

Domeshot17
09-12-2010, 01:19 AM
I disagree. The Sox needed to win their game tonight. They needed to not lose the series in Detroit. They needed to not piss the bed vs inferior teams this second half. And they did.

At this point, I am not looking for other teams to help us. The Sox need to help themselves.

This is kind of a sickening trend. 2005 we almost blew it. 2006 we laid down and watched Cleveland and Minnesota pass us, 2007 we sucked, 2008 we did our best to lose the division then decided to play hard the last 3 games of the year, 2009 we sucked, 2010 have apparently just tapped out to the Twins. We put a little pressure on them last week, but now, thanks to Thome, they are breathing easy. I am not saying it is Ozzie's fault, just that since he has been here, his teams tend to wait for other teams to lose. They have never had the killer instinct some teams have, they don't put teams away in the regular season.

I hate to say it, but I really hope if we don't make it Jim gets his ring in Minnesota. He could have came out, he could have bitched and put down the Sox, he didn't. He could be rubbing it in the Sox faces right now, and he isn't. Professional as usual.

Nelfox02
09-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Shame on Kenny if we don't sign Adam Dunn next year. Even at the expense of Konerko, your #1 guy needs to be a LH power stick.

when the Dunn trade fell apart, Kenny publicly said in interview that part of the issue was the Nats were asking too much (assumption was Beckham and possibly others) for a player Kenny felt was going to be a rental.......he stated that the Sox "budget constraints" would pretty much eliminate any chance of keeping him in Chicago beyond this year

based on that I have VERY little faith in the idea Adam Dunn is a part of this team next year

GoSox2K3
09-12-2010, 01:23 AM

Not true. I've heard from Ozzie's defenders here that having Jim Thome on the Twins instead of the Sox hasn't made a difference in the outcome of any games this season.

LoveYourSuit
09-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Not true. I've heard from Ozzie's defenders here that having Jim Thome on the Twins instead of the Sox hasn't made a difference in the outcome of any games this season.

Yeah, the assumption is that he would have gotten hurt here :rolleyes:

It's a crock of ****.

It hurts me too to admit it, but I have to admit it. Doesn't make me less of a Sox fan to admit management ****ed this up.

Dan H
09-12-2010, 01:40 AM
After the fourth, I stopped watching and started drinking. First and third and no one out, and only one run scored. That is no way to cut into a four-run deficit. There was no excuse for two straight infield pop ups with a man on third and less than two outs.

I have been going to games since 1960 and this White Sox team has disappointed me the most. I knew they would come down to earth after the hot streak, but they have been pretty bad for the past month or so and have played themselves right out of contention. The Twins know how to win; this team doesn't.

LoveYourSuit
09-12-2010, 01:45 AM
After the fourth, I stopped watching and started drinking. First and third and no one out, and only one run scored. That is no way to cut into a four-run deficit. There was no excuse for two straight infield pop ups with a man on third and less than two outs.

I have been going to games since 1960 and this White Sox team has disappointed me the most. I knew they would come down to earth after the hot streak, but they have been pretty bad for the past month or so and have played themselves right out of contention. The Twins know how to win; this team doesn't.

This is the part the kills me most. The talent IMO is just about even. Our starting staff is way better than theirs and their line-up is so much better than ours. How do we keep losing to these guys?

Scouting and Coaching. Plain and simple.

RadioheadRocks
09-12-2010, 01:47 AM
if we can't beat detroit and kc in what are essentially playoff games already, we have no business in the post season.

+1

Patrick134
09-12-2010, 01:52 AM
Certain games will stick with me when thinking what went wrong . I'm only going after the hot streak. The Jenks 3 run blown save with no outs in minnesota was huge, even bigger than Thome-Thornton. Also, the 9th inning homer Putz gave up to Avila on that 2nd Saturday in August, which rolled downward momentum into the Sunday game that the sox turned from a 7-5 lead in the 7th to a 13-8 loss. There are many more blown games, but without looking for box scores, those are a few that I won't soon forget.

guillensdisciple
09-12-2010, 01:53 AM
It truly is depressing knowing that I have 7 months (or however many) of school coming up without baseball and a White Sox playoff. It's one of the worst feelings when the season comes up, because all that hope you had at the middle and beginning is dying out and you know the fate. Only in baseball does it hit me that hard, because in baseball you're with the team day in and day out. With football (America), you're with the team once a week, with football (the real one in England) you're with your team for once a week and then the myriad of cup games they play, but it's not daily it's either once a week or twice a week. In basketball, you are attached to three days a week.

There's something about baseball, something about it being a part of your life every day for a good 5 or 6 months that really gets to you when you realize that your team will once again watch another team celebrate a winner. It's a shame. We're not a big (by Cubs, Yankees, and Red Sox standards) fanbase, but I've never seen such a dedicated fanbase before. It sucks, because we have been treated to teams that fall apart for a while now and it's quite a heart wrenching way to treat us fans.

I don't know, the philosophy is there. The want to win is there, but something is completely off. Something is off because we are imploding year after year, or underperforming. Forget other teams and their performance- focus solely on the Sox and there are some serious issues that have less to do with talent and more to do with lack of performance that the talent is capable of producing.

Regardless, I don't remember the last tiem I have been so drained from a year of baseball. I think I understand why homefish goes through his things, because the repeat cycle always slips in. I remember in August, when we lost to Baltimore I said that the cycle was running its course and damn me for being an ******* and calling it. I hope they squash me next year, hell I hope they miraculously pull it out this year.

Either way, I love this team, love the organization, and will be picking us to win 95 games and the World Series next year just like I do every year.

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2010, 04:53 AM
Edwin Jackson sucked tonight, the defense sucked tonight, the hitting sucked tonight.

I don't think anything else needs to be said.

CWSpalehoseCWS
09-12-2010, 04:56 AM
The only the way the Sox are going to stay in this thing is by sweeping the Twins, we all know this.
Most seem to all have forgotten that the possibility of this team sweeping the Twins is zero. It's over. It's been over.
I can't wait for next year. Sale, Threets, Viciedo and Jackson should be fun to watch.

Really, as much as I hate reading this, it's the most logical and least stressful way to look at this season at this point. The Sox will not sweep the Twins (time for them to make me eat my words please, no in fact I hope they do), and even if they did, they still have a lot of ground to make up. It really seems impossible, and they way they've performed, I don't see how it can happen. I don't want to be a pessimist, I just feel like it is pointless to get my hopes up right now. This year's team put on a hell of a show in the summer, and made baseball fun after the Hawks enthusiasm died off, and they put up a good fight that they should be commended on. Next year looks like it'll be fun, even if they suck with Morel, Viciedo, and Sale's future on the team. Manny improved the lineup, but it's just a little too late. I'll still look forward to the two games I have left and will root for them, but to expect anything more than a 2nd place finish is a waste of time IMO. At least it'll be good to know the damn Twins will get destroyed in the playoffs.

GoGoCrede
09-12-2010, 05:03 AM
Groan. Thank God we all have our fellow Sox fans to wallow in misery together.

Tragg
09-12-2010, 09:53 AM

He's not pitching well now.
Jackson was pitching terribly in Arizona and had a high salary. You telling me we had to give a top pitching Major League Ready prospect (plus 2 other pitching prospects) for a team 20 games in the cellar that needs to cut salary?
Williams seriously needs to work on his negotiations skills because that was terrible. Absolutely awful.
As for this idea that Hudson is feasting off of the weak NL, then that proves my point even more: Jackson was lit up in the NL, so we should have been able to get him even cheaper.
And measuring pitchers by how hard they throw (clearly the impetus here) needs to be rethought too.
The generosity to Arizona needs to stop.

hi im skot
09-12-2010, 10:44 AM

Yeah, the assumption is that he would have gotten hurt here :rolleyes:

It's a crock of ****.

It hurts me too to admit it, but I have to admit it. Doesn't make me less of a Sox fan to admit management ****ed this up.

For the love of god, can we PLEASE leave Thome out of the post game thread? Not only is there an entire thread dedicated to the topic, but it's completely played out.

harwar
09-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Our team looks to be out of gas,emotionally spent,stressed out,and just plain tired .. the twins series is fairly meaningless really ..

GoGoCrede
09-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Last night's game was DEPRESSING. I had quite a few drinks last night to dull the pain, but now that I'm sober again (mostly, lol)...it doesn't look good, guys. The team played horribly last night. It was one of the most lifeless games I've attended. Thankfully I was able to commiserate with some of my fellow fans.

Crestani
09-12-2010, 10:59 AM
For the love of god, can we PLEASE leave Thome out of the post game thread? Not only is there an entire thread dedicated to the topic, but it's completely played out.

Thank you..!!

October26
09-12-2010, 11:57 AM
It truly is depressing knowing that I have 7 months (or however many) of school coming up without baseball and a White Sox playoff. It's one of the worst feelings when the season comes up, because all that hope you had at the middle and beginning is dying out and you know the fate. Only in baseball does it hit me that hard, because in baseball you're with the team day in and day out. With football (America), you're with the team once a week, with football (the real one in England) you're with your team for once a week and then the myriad of cup games they play, but it's not daily it's either once a week or twice a week. In basketball, you are attached to three days a week.

There's something about baseball, something about it being a part of your life every day for a good 5 or 6 months that really gets to you when you realize that your team will once again watch another team celebrate a winner. It's a shame. We're not a big (by Cubs, Yankees, and Red Sox standards) fanbase, but I've never seen such a dedicated fanbase before. It sucks, because we have been treated to teams that fall apart for a while now and it's quite a heart wrenching way to treat us fans.

I don't know, the philosophy is there. The want to win is there, but something is completely off. Something is off because we are imploding year after year, or underperforming. Forget other teams and their performance- focus solely on the Sox and there are some serious issues that have less to do with talent and more to do with lack of performance that the talent is capable of producing.

Regardless, I don't remember the last tiem I have been so drained from a year of baseball. I think I understand why homefish goes through his things, because the repeat cycle always slips in. I remember in August, when we lost to Baltimore I said that the cycle was running its course and damn me for being an ******* and calling it. I hope they squash me next year, hell I hope they miraculously pull it out this year.

Either way, I love this team, love the organization, and will be picking us to win 95 games and the World Series next year just like I do every year.

Thanks for posting this. I FEEL your pain and really appreciate being able to come to WSI during the good times (when Sox are winning) and during the bad times (like now). Hang in there!

October26
09-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Last night's game was DEPRESSING. I had quite a few drinks last night to dull the pain, but now that I'm sober again (mostly, lol)...it doesn't look good, guys. The team played horribly last night. It was one of the most lifeless games I've attended. Thankfully I was able to commiserate with some of my fellow fans.

I'm not much of a drinker but last night's game had me searching for the little liquor that we have in the house. It was a very depressing loss. :(:

I just wanted to tell you that I have really appreciated your posts over this season and look forward to many more from you in the future. You always try to be positive and I know that you love the Sox as much as I do. Thanks again.

LoveYourSuit
09-12-2010, 12:04 PM

I don't think it's played out. Especially when every passing game he reminds us of the big mistake by him either getting a big hit or Kotsay sucking bad.

DirtySox
09-12-2010, 12:08 PM
I don't think it's played out. Especially when every passing game he reminds us of the big mistake by him either getting a big hit or Kotsay sucking bad.

Seconded.

palehozenychicty
09-12-2010, 12:18 PM
For whatever reason, this franchise does not play well in the second half. Even though they didn't start well this season, they put it together in the middle and it still wasn't enough to carry them, unlike most teams that pick it up in June. People have pointed out reasons why this is, but that has been the trend for a long, long time, even before KW.

Lip Man 1
09-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I can't explain why they are such an up and down club (compare last week for example to this week), why they keep having such issues beating terrible teams or why they are getting their rear end's handed to them on a regular basis in the division.

But those who are getting paid by the Sox need to figure it out before next year.

Lip

Hitmen77
09-12-2010, 05:28 PM

It took only 5 posts before Thome came up in this thread.....and by someone who supports the Sox not bringing him back. Like it or not, the issue won't go away.

GoGoCrede
09-12-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm not much of a drinker but last night's game had me searching for the little liquor that we have in the house. It was a very depressing loss. :(:

I just wanted to tell you that I have really appreciated your posts over this season and look forward to many more from you in the future. You always try to be positive and I know that you love the Sox as much as I do. Thanks again.

Aww, I love your posts too. :hug: You should have heard me last night after I'd had a few drinks, though - I didn't sound too optimistic them. :lol: But with today's win, I feel pretty good about all this.