PDA

View Full Version : Running out of things to hate about Twins?

Pilgrim
09-11-2010, 04:27 PM
The f'ing dome is gone. Torii bleeping Hunter is gone. Carlos Gomez and his stupid meaningless headfirst slide is gone. If they go and if they win in the postseason, at some point I am going to have to switch to a real respectable like rival and forget the bull**** bitch sessions that these forums often fall into. Just two teams battling.

MarySwiss
09-11-2010, 05:19 PM
The f'ing dome is gone. Torii bleeping Hunter is gone. Carlos Gomez and his stupid meaningless headfirst slide is gone. If they go and if they win in the postseason, at some point I am going to have to switch to a real respectable like rival and forget the bull**** bitch sessions that these forums often fall into. Just two teams battling.
They're the Twins. Reason enough, in my book.:cool:

TheCommander
09-11-2010, 09:49 PM

QFT

/close thread.

Chisox353014
09-11-2010, 10:38 PM

Ummm....no:

Justin Morneau
Nick Punto
Jason Kubel
Michael Cuddyer
Bert "Circle Me" Blyleven

**** the Twins. :happybday

RadioheadRocks
09-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Ummm....no:

Justin Morneau
Nick Punto
Jason Kubel
Michael Cuddyer

Add Gardenhose to that list and you just about got it.

cards press box
09-11-2010, 10:49 PM
No chance. And at the Sox-Twins series this week, I'm sure that I'll see some obnoxious Twins fan who will give me more reasons.

No worries, though. Even if the Twins make the playoffs, I expect that Ron Gardenhire's 6-24 record in post-season will become 6-27.

slavko
09-11-2010, 11:01 PM
I don't hate the Twins. Take me to court.

twinsuck
09-11-2010, 11:29 PM
I can't stop thinking of things that I hate about the Twins. I hate everything about those ****ers.

thomas35forever
09-12-2010, 12:18 AM
d8ekz_CSBVg&ob=av3e

TheOldRoman
09-12-2010, 12:56 AM
Joe Mauer might be the only Twin I don't hate. Even Jim Thome can go **** himself now. I hate everything about the Twins, and I hate having to watch their three playoff games every year.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-12-2010, 01:24 AM
I'm running out of things to like about the Twins. Mauer visits the plate every 3 pitches, I don't like him anymore.

DirtySox
09-12-2010, 02:05 AM
I don't hate the Twins. Take me to court.

Nor do I. I like the majority of their team. I will be rooting for them in the playoffs if they are playing the Yankees.

ChicagoG19
09-12-2010, 02:19 AM

Yup. **** em.

guillensdisciple
09-12-2010, 02:33 AM
I just hate the Twins because they play us in our division and we have to beat them to win. They are our rivals. I dislike them.

cnw8052
09-12-2010, 03:41 AM
Can't explain why, but my hatred for anything Twins is intense. No other sports team does that to me. :angry::angry::angry:

What's worse is I have family in Minneapolis, and they are huge Twins fans. :(:

soxfanatlanta
09-12-2010, 09:22 AM
I hate everything about the Twins, and I hate having to watch their three playoff games every year.

Sounds like jealousy to me.
:tongue:

harwar
09-12-2010, 10:55 AM
for years, if the White Sox where not in the race then i'd root for whatever team was ahead in our division, out of some kind of loyalty,but no longer can i do that .. i don't hate the twins but i'm not sure that i could bring myself to cheer for them to win .. not interested in Tampa and could care less about the rangers .. all i got for the yankees is **** you .. i'm following the Padres and the Rockies now, as i do whenever the White Sox fall out of the race ..

#1swisher
09-12-2010, 11:02 AM
I've added a few more things to hate about the Twins.

**** the Twins:gulp:
^
This may become my new sig

:gosox:

palehozenychicty
09-12-2010, 12:20 PM
I can't root for these guys. They are never good enough to win a title and are satisfied with making the playoffs. **** them.

gogosox675
09-12-2010, 02:20 PM
I don't hate the Twins with a passion, I just don't like the Twins because they pose the biggest threat in the division. If the Royals were the team that always battled us for the division, I would hate them.

Dick Allen
09-12-2010, 03:23 PM
**** the twins, **** Jim Thome, and **** their ugly, stupid fans.

Bob Roarman
09-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah **** Jim Thome, he plays for a different team. No like Jim Thome. We should start up the "Boo Jim Thome Campaign", especially after he hit that game winning home run the other night and the Sox, once again, COULDN'T BEAT THE ROYALS. THE ****ING ROYALS.

MarySwiss
09-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Interestingly, I have been rooting for Thome to win a WS ring...until now. Go to hell, Twins.

LongLiveFisk
09-12-2010, 08:52 PM
I don't hate the Twins with a passion, I just don't like the Twins because they pose the biggest threat in the division. If the Royals were the team that always battled us for the division, I would hate them.

Exactly. If they were the perpetual cellar dwellers rather than the Royals, I doubt we'd care nearly as much.

JB98
09-12-2010, 09:28 PM
**** the Twins. They could win the World Series and I still wouldn't respect them.

hi im skot
09-12-2010, 10:17 PM
**** the Twins. They could win the World Series and I still wouldn't respect them.

Nothing to worry about - they're crappy.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-12-2010, 10:51 PM
There is only one circumstance in which I would find myself rooting for the Twins: if they somehow managed to win not one, but two playoff series, and wound up playing the Cubs in the World Series.

On second thought, if this doomsday scenario ever became reality, I think I'd just kill myself instead. :rip:

Oblong
09-12-2010, 10:59 PM
As a fan of another AL Central team, I don't think I can run out of things to hate. The only things I do not hate about them is Mauer, and their road uniforms, pretty sweet!

What bugs me is all the talk about how they "play the right way" yet it seems like when I see them play in person they make errors and mistakes. It's just one of those things that gets said over and over so lazy writers and announcers run with it.

My hatred started in 1987 with the ALCS. They won like 85 games that year, the Tigers won 98. Yet with baseball's tradition of rotating home field, they had it. The player wives were blowing those stupid whistles, the dome was packed.... they beat us.

And of course there was game 163 last year which was a great baseball game for fans of 29 out of 30 teams. That game pretty much captured it all. Every thing you hate about Twins occured in that game.

SoxandtheCityTee
09-13-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm not here to persuade anyone. Like 'em if you want to. I hate them.

LongLiveFisk
09-13-2010, 01:05 AM
Interestingly, I have been rooting for Thome to win a WS ring...until now. Go to hell, Twins.

+1 and it pains me to say that because I really like Jim.

Sam Spade
09-13-2010, 01:22 AM
Nor do I. I like the majority of their team. I will be rooting for them in the playoffs if they are playing the Yankees.
Me too. I still hope the sox take but if not, I hope the twins win it all. **** the east, **** the west, **** all of the national league.

Foulke You
09-13-2010, 02:07 AM
As a fan of another AL Central team, I don't think I can run out of things to hate. The only things I do not hate about them is Mauer, and their road uniforms, pretty sweet!

What bugs me is all the talk about how they "play the right way" yet it seems like when I see them play in person they make errors and mistakes. It's just one of those things that gets said over and over so lazy writers and announcers run with it.

My hatred started in 1987 with the ALCS. They won like 85 games that year, the Tigers won 98. Yet with baseball's tradition of rotating home field, they had it. The player wives were blowing those stupid whistles, the dome was packed.... they beat us.

And of course there was game 163 last year which was a great baseball game for fans of 29 out of 30 teams. That game pretty much captured it all. Every thing you hate about Twins occured in that game.
Good synopsis from an outside source. Glad it isn't just us! I also get pretty sick of hearing about the "Twins Way" of doing things. For all the talk from the Twins in years past of how the Sox played ugly baseball with all those home runs, and the Twins play the "right way" with small ball, stealing bases, executing bunts, etc. etc. What exactly is the "Twins Way" of scoring runs in 2010? Slamming HRs and blasting deep drives into the large gaps of Target Field and many of them coming off the bat of former Sox slugger, Jim Thome!

After Game 163 in 2008, there was no "tip of the cap" to the White Sox for besting them. Joe Nathan's lobbying/whining/crying about the coin toss after they lost Game 163 to the Sox stands as a testament to that.

I hate their announcers too. Blyleven and company never give any credit to the White Sox for any type of success. They put Hawk to shame in the "homer" category. In our booth, you have Hawk and Stone heaping gobs of praise on their players and organzation to the point of nausea. This simply doesn't happen in a Twins broadcast.

I could go on and on, but I could fill this entire thread. Let's all just hope for another quick Twins exit from the playoffs.

Nellie_Fox
09-13-2010, 02:12 AM
I hate their announcers too. Blyleven and company never give any credit to the White Sox for any type of success. They put Hawk to shame in the "homer" category. In our booth, you have Hawk and Stone heaping gobs of praise on their players and organzation to the point of nausea. This simply doesn't happen in a Twins broadcast.Watch a lot of Twins broadcasts, do you?

Foulke You
09-13-2010, 02:41 AM
Watch a lot of Twins broadcasts, do you?
Admittedly, not a ton of them, but I HAVE watched several Sox/Twins games with Minnesota broadcasters so I do have some basis for my opinions. During the July 2010 series at Target Field, I had to listen to Bremer whine about the Sox light interleague schedule the whole entire game. He referenced it at least 3 different occasions as the main reason the Sox have a lead on the Twins. (No mention of the Twins getting swept by Milwaukee, etc.) I listened to them talk about Gordon Beckham's slump (at the time he was hitting under .200) as if he was finished and had no talent offering up no analysis on what he was doing wrong other than a "sophomore jinx". One of the former Twins players who was a guest said loudly "I hope Beckham STAYS in that slump!" and it wasn't in a playful ribbing type way. I'm sorry but as goofy as Hawk is, you never hear him wish ill will on a young player. Perhaps you have a different opinion on the Twins broadcasts since you get to hear more than me but the ones I've heard were grating. Overall, there was virtually no insight or analysis as to what the Sox were doing right during that streak. The focus was always on how awesome the Twins are.

ChiSoxGirl
09-13-2010, 08:21 AM
The world would be a much better place if the ground surrounding Target Field would open up and swallow everything that is Twins -- their ballpark (even though it's a beauty and was done the right way), their fans, coaches, players, you name it. I hate them. :angry:

hawkjt
09-13-2010, 10:22 AM
A couple of years ago when asked about who will win the AL Central, and Morneau said,'' anybody but the White Sox''....after Tori Hunter went out of the baseline to hammer Jamie Burke,when Young went out of the baseline to hammer AJ this year....oh yes, Ray, they will come..they will come to Soxpark this week to heap hate onto the Twins,and their righteous anger will be justified...beat them to a pulp,please Sox.

And, btw, if the Sox lose the first two games,and are really dead, I want them to show the Twins that the Sox do not forget about cheap shots like Youngs and I want them to extract a lb of flesh from Young. Sorry, call me vindictive,but that just how I roll.

asindc
09-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Joe Mauer might be the only Twin I don't hate. Even Jim Thome can go **** himself now. I hate everything about the Twins, and I hate having to watch their three playoff games every year.

Sounds like jealousy to me.
:tongue:

Why would a Sox fan be jealous of the Twinkees?:scratch:

Nellie_Fox
09-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Admittedly, not a ton of them, but I HAVE watched several Sox/Twins games with Minnesota broadcasters so I do have some basis for my opinions. During the July 2010 series at Target Field, I had to listen to Bremer whine about the Sox light interleague schedule the whole entire game. He referenced it at least 3 different occasions as the main reason the Sox have a lead on the Twins. (No mention of the Twins getting swept by Milwaukee, etc.) I listened to them talk about Gordon Beckham's slump (at the time he was hitting under .200) as if he was finished and had no talent offering up no analysis on what he was doing wrong other than a "sophomore jinx". One of the former Twins players who was a guest said loudly "I hope Beckham STAYS in that slump!" and it wasn't in a playful ribbing type way. I'm sorry but as goofy as Hawk is, you never hear him wish ill will on a young player. Perhaps you have a different opinion on the Twins broadcasts since you get to hear more than me but the ones I've heard were grating. Overall, there was virtually no insight or analysis as to what the Sox were doing right during that streak. The focus was always on how awesome the Twins are.Since I live in the Twins market area, any game involving them is blacked out on my Extra Innings package, so unless the game is on WGN, I have to watch the Twins on Fox Sports North whenever they play the Sox. So, I see the games where they can comment on the Sox a lot.

Bremer is a dip****. There's no hope for him. A Twins player saying something negative during an interview doesn't count.

Blyleven is not that bad, and is often complimentary about Sox players. He goes on and on about how Buehrle "just knows how to pitch." He likes Beckham and TCM. He has often commented about how the Sox can just keep bringing power arms out of the pen. And he'll often mention, about his own career, how Ron Kittle owned him.

Foulke You
09-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Bremer is a dip****. There's no hope for him.
Bremer was definitely the most grating thing about the broadcast. It's such a huge contrast to what is happening in the Sox booth during Twins games with the constant praise being heaped on them. I'm not saying the Twins PBP guy needs to bow down before us, but a little objectivity about your rivals here and there would be nice. I feel for you Nellie...I don't think I could survive watching 9 or 10 Sox/Twins games with that broadcast team per season.

tacosalbarojas
09-13-2010, 01:30 PM
As long as Joe Nathan is breathing, I will find at least one thing to hate about the Twins.

AnkleSox
09-13-2010, 04:38 PM
The Twins have no redeeming qualities. They are by far my most hated sports team. I hate them more than the Cubs or Packers, and that's saying something.

guillensdisciple
09-13-2010, 06:13 PM
A couple of years ago when asked about who will win the AL Central, and Morneau said,'' anybody but the White Sox''....after Tori Hunter went out of the baseline to hammer Jamie Burke,when Young went out of the baseline to hammer AJ this year....oh yes, Ray, they will come..they will come to Soxpark this week to heap hate onto the Twins,and their righteous anger will be justified...beat them to a pulp,please Sox.

And, btw, if the Sox lose the first two games,and are really dead, I want them to show the Twins that the Sox do not forget about cheap shots like Youngs and I want them to extract a lb of flesh from Young. Sorry, call me vindictive,but that just how I roll.

I am going to amen the last part of what you wrote. My perfect day would be us winning the first two and winning big in the third only to take a chunk out of him. I would be a very happy man.

GoSox2K3
09-13-2010, 07:42 PM
I still hate the Twins.

But there is no way that I hate Thome or hate the Twins even more just because Ozzie handed them Big Jim on a silver platter. This isn't just about the Twins "pixie dust" as it is about White Sox stupidity.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-14-2010, 09:49 AM
...their ballpark (even though it's a beauty and was done the right way...
Ugh, is there anything these guys don't "do the right way?"

palehosepub
09-14-2010, 11:48 AM
I agree that the poster who says we owe them some payback just beyond winning the series or better yet sweeping them. That Delmon Young move was pure bush league.

I can't see how a Sox fan could ever root for the Twins. Playoffs for the Twins mean more attendance, more revenue $ which means more payroll ...which makes it harder for the Sox to compete in the future.. if the Twinks make the playoffs I will be rooting for a quick "three and out" from them...

ChiSoxGirl
09-14-2010, 01:43 PM

Seriously! It totally bugged me to compliment their new ballpark, but I had no choice... it's a beauty. :(:

doublem23
09-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Seriously! It totally bugged me to compliment their new ballpark, but I had no choice... it's a beauty. :(:

It's still full of Twins fans. That's a serious design flaw.

downstairs
09-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Hmmmm... I've never "hated" the Twins. Red Sox, Cowboys, Packers, Yankee fans are often worthy of hatred, and therefore their teams. Twins fans have always been nice to me.

09-14-2010, 05:56 PM

Playoff baseball

ChiSoxGirl
09-14-2010, 09:27 PM
It's still full of Twins fans. That's a serious design flaw.

Touché.

Playoff baseball

:roflmao:

Bob Roarman
09-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Since I live in the Twins market area, any game involving them is blacked out on my Extra Innings package, so unless the game is on WGN, I have to watch the Twins on Fox Sports North whenever they play the Sox. So, I see the games where they can comment on the Sox a lot.

Bremer is a dip****. There's no hope for him. A Twins player saying something negative during an interview doesn't count.

Blyleven is not that bad, and is often complimentary about Sox players. He goes on and on about how Buehrle "just knows how to pitch." He likes Beckham and TCM. He has often commented about how the Sox can just keep bringing power arms out of the pen. And he'll often mention, about his own career, how Ron Kittle owned him.

Dude, we're the last fan base in baseball to say ANYTHING about any opposing team's broadcast team.

JC24
09-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Dude, we're the last fan base in baseball to say ANYTHING about any opposing team's broadcast team.I agree. Hawk and his sidekick call the Twins, the twinkies, that's classy right there. I was watching a sox game one afternoon, Hawk was running down the scores of all the games, he called every other team by their nickname, or city/state, but called the Twins, the twinkies. Not very professional if you ask me.

I'm a Twins fan of course, but Dick and Bert always say things like great play, or in Berts case, a great pitchers pitch. Sox announcers don't say anything positive about the Twins, at least that I've heard. To be fair, I don't watch any sox baseball except to see what's going on score wise. Unless, it's against the Twins of course.

Na na na na hey hey good bye. :redneck

Gotta agree the Young play was dirty, but my feeling was that it was in response to the pitch before. The Twins always sit and take getting hit by pitches, and don't respond with a hit batter.

Still hate AJ because of his intentional attempted spike of Morneau at first. That was more egregious than Youngs play in my opinion.

Target field is a great ballpark, and about 15 minutes from my home, 10 if I make all the stop lights. :wink:

doublem23
09-15-2010, 08:47 AM
I agree. Hawk and his sidekick call the Twins, the twinkies, that's classy right there. I was watching a sox game one afternoon, Hawk was running down the scores of all the games, he called every other team by their nickname, or city/state, but called the Twins, the twinkies. Not very professional if you ask me.

I'm a Twins fan of course, but Dick and Bert always say things like great play, or in Berts case, a great pitchers pitch. Sox announcers don't say anything positive about the Twins, at least that I've heard. To be fair, I don't watch any sox baseball except to see what's going on score wise. Unless, it's against the Twins of course.

Gotta agree the Young play was dirty, but my feeling was that it was in response to the pitch before. The Twins always sit and take getting hit by pitches, and don't respond with a hit batter.

Still hate AJ because of his intentional attempted spike of Morneau at first. That was more egregious than Youngs play in my opinion.

Target field is a great ballpark, and about 15 minutes from my home, 10 if I make all the stop lights. :wink:

Is that some kind of sick joke? Hawk can't stop slobbing all over the Twins.

ChiSoxGirl
09-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Is that some kind of sick joke? Hawk can't stop slobbing all over the Twins.

Seriously. His man love for them is insufferable and makes me wanna hurl.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Playoff baseball
My vote for POTW! :)

JC24
09-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Is that some kind of sick joke? Hawk can't stop slobbing all over the Twins.Did you miss the part about my saying, to be fair I don't watch the sox except to check the score? It's still not professional to call the Twins the twinkies while calling EVERY other team by their proper name.

As I said, I have never heard them praise the Twins. Ozzie? Yes, and most Twins fans like him, and think he's good for the game.

doublem23
09-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Did you miss the part about my saying, to be fair I don't watch the sox except to check the score? It's still not professional to call the Twins the twinkies while calling EVERY other team by their proper name.

Seriously, who cares? It's their nickname. He's the Sox announcer. ****, if I was the Sox pbp guy, I'd call the Twins waaaaaaaaay worse things.

I may not always like Hawk, but I'm not at all interested in some bland, corporate vanilla PC suit.

TommyJohn
09-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Did you miss the part about my saying, to be fair I don't watch the sox except to check the score? It's still not professional to call the Twins the twinkies while calling EVERY other team by their proper name.

As I said, I have never heard them praise the Twins. Ozzie? Yes, and most Twins fans like him, and think he's good for the game.He calls the Red Sox "Carmines" and the Angels "Halos" amongst others. Please stop with the self-pity already.

JC24
09-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Seriously, who cares? It's their nickname. He's the Sox announcer. ****, if I was the Sox pbp guy, I'd call the Twins waaaaaaaaay worse things.

I may not always like Hawk, but I'm not at all interested in some bland, corporate vanilla PC suit.That's fair I guess, but at least most Twins fans and most Sox fans hate the packers, so at least we have some things in common.:)

asindc
09-15-2010, 09:38 AM

As I said, I have never heard them praise the Twins. Ozzie? Yes, and most Twins fans like him, and think he's good for the game.

You should have stopped yourself right there.

JC24
09-15-2010, 09:59 AM
He calls the Red Sox "Carmines" and the Angels "Halos" amongst others. Please stop with the self-pity already.Again, I've never heard Hawk call the Twins anything but the twinkies. A lot of people call the angels the halos, and to me doesn't show disrespect, as for the carmines, I've never heard that before. There is no self-pity here, so it must be there.

Johnny Mostil
09-15-2010, 10:08 AM
I agree. Hawk and his sidekick call the Twins, the twinkies, that's classy right there. I was watching a sox game one afternoon, Hawk was running down the scores of all the games, he called every other team by their nickname, or city/state, but called the Twins, the twinkies. Not very professional if you ask me.

Is this a joke? This year, Twinkee batters have been hit 34 times; Twinkee pitchers have hit 41 batters. Sox batters have been hit 71 times; Sox pitchers have hit 30 batters.

And, oh, yeah, **** the Twinkees.

tstrike2000
09-15-2010, 10:21 AM

I would pay a lot of money against the chances of them winning the World Series, but with the combination of how they're playing + luck, I wouldn't be surprised if Gardenhose suddenly developed the ability to shoot lightning out of his ass.

Nellie_Fox
09-15-2010, 11:26 AM
He calls the Red Sox "Carmines" and the Angels "Halos" amongst others. Please stop with the self-pity already.Don't forget "the nasty Nats."

ChiSoxGirl
09-15-2010, 11:34 AM
I would pay a lot of money against the chances of them winning the World Series, but with the combination of how they're playing + luck, I wouldn't be surprised if Gardenhose suddenly developed the ability to shoot lightning out of his ass.

:roflmao: :rolling:

#1swisher
09-15-2010, 02:16 PM
I stand corrected.

**** the Twinkies!

Foulke You
09-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Don't forget "the nasty Nats."
Hawk also refers to the Marlins as the "Fish" and also sometimes calls the Mets by their full name, the "Metropolitans".

Foulke You
09-15-2010, 02:52 PM
I don't understand how a Twins fan could get upset with Hawk calling them the "Twinkies". I mean, your OWN fans call your team by that name:

http://www.twinkietown.com/

GoGoCrede
09-15-2010, 02:58 PM

Awesome. :thumbsup:

Don't forget "the nasty Nats."

I like this nickname a lot. It has a nice ring to it and could even be a good band name.

Gavin
09-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Their fans, or at least the ones who were at the game last night, are pretty damn nerdy looking.

Chisox353014
09-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Playoff baseball

:D:

We are still the only team from the AL Central to win a world series since the switch to 3-division leagues.

LongLiveFisk
09-15-2010, 08:20 PM
I don't understand how a Twins fan could get upset with Hawk calling them the "Twinkies". I mean, your OWN fans call your team by that name:

http://www.twinkietown.com/

And I guess for that reason, I honestly didn't know they took it as some sort of insult. :dunno:

crashwave
09-16-2010, 01:26 AM
And I guess for that reason, I honestly didn't know they took it as some sort of insult. :dunno:

I never have. I call them that all the time.

ewokpelts
09-16-2010, 08:45 AM
justin mourneau does it for me.

BNLSox
09-16-2010, 10:32 AM
No chance. And at the Sox-Twins series this week, I'm sure that I'll see some obnoxious Twins fan who will give me more reasons.

No worries, though. Even if the Twins make the playoffs, I expect that Ron Gardenhire's 6-24 record in post-season will become 6-27.

Not that its much better, but Ron's record is actually 6-18. I think you're giving him credit for the next two times he gets swept in the post season in advance.

AlexRios51
09-16-2010, 11:32 AM
This thread should be changed to running out of things to hate about the 2010 White Sox.

Nellie_Fox
09-16-2010, 02:46 PM
This thread should be changed to running out of things to hate about the 2010 White Sox.
My god, what are some of you people going to do when confronted with a season that's actually BAD? This season is disappointing, but the reactions of anger and hatred are just nuts.

captain54
09-16-2010, 03:09 PM
My god, what are some of you people going to do when confronted with a season that's actually BAD? This season is disappointing, but the reactions of anger and hatred are just nuts.

big market team - big market payroll....8 games and counting out of first...cannot beat chief rival or anyone else in their division for that matter = bad season

spawn
09-16-2010, 03:10 PM

Agreed. It's like the Sox finished 20+ games under .500 and were the worst team in baseball. I had very low expectations for this team coming out of ST. It probably would've been better around here if the Sox would've tanked the entire season instead of giving us hope that they would at least make the playoffs. This **** here is crazy.

PaleHoser
09-17-2010, 11:51 AM
The Twins come hungry, confident and they play hard. They put a chip on their shoulders, come to beat you and will do whatever it takes..

My team hopes to win. We aren't there to beat them, we're there to watch how we lose again. It's like watching the Cubs - it's not a question of if we will lose, but how.

We need to not only beat the Twins, but destroy their souls. I want it to be the baseball equivalent of Sherman Marching Through Georgia. I want to leave them so broken that they petition to leave the AL and join the Pacific Coast League.

Until we show up with a sense of purpose, with something to prove to them all 18 games every season, this won't stop.

SOXSINCE'70
09-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Ummm....no:

Justin Morneau
Nick Punto
Jason Kubel
Michael Cuddyer

How about Delmon Young's punk bush league move on A.J. the last time the Sox were at Target Field?

Throwing out a forearm at the catcher,who isn't even blocking your path to home plate, isn't cool in my book.

09-17-2010, 07:12 PM
My two favorite teams are the Sox and whoever is playing the twins. I love watching the Cubs and Tigers lose, but they can't come close to inspiring the white hot inferno of pure hatred I have for Minnesota. It's a palpable gut-wrenching presence deep within me cultivated and fed by this 10 year stretch of AL central dominance, the dome, their arrogance and douchebaggery from their piece of **** players, and the bull**** luck that goes their way. I was raised to love the Sox and dislike the Cubs by my parents, but I will forever despise the twins far more than anyone else. **** them.