PDA

View Full Version : I'm not giving up yet

thomas35forever
09-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Though this may contradict a post I made in the postgame thread, I'm not one of the posters who's ready to concede. I'm probably in the minority right here, but I think I need to see one more bad series before I officially give up.

seventyseven
09-09-2010, 03:34 PM
We're done.

sox1970
09-09-2010, 03:35 PM
The Sox need to sweep the homestand. Not just the Twins. Good luck with all that.

GoGoCrede
09-09-2010, 03:35 PM
I admire your optimism. I sound pretty pessimistic in the postgame thread right now, but I'll join you in the not giving up.

Whatever happens, I'll keep watching and attending games till we've played them all. I miss baseball when it's gone.

cleanwsox
09-09-2010, 03:36 PM
They've blown too many big games this year that even if they did pull within 2 or 3 games, I still wouldn't have much confidence in them.

WhiteSox5187
09-09-2010, 03:37 PM
It's over. The Sox need to play .800 ball here on out to even have a prayer. I think we have just run out of magic.

JB98
09-09-2010, 03:42 PM
The Sox haven't won a game since I paid my playoff invoice.

Too bad it didn't fall apart at this time last week. I could have saved my money for a few more months until the 2011 renewal is due. :shrug:

kobo
09-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Nothing is over until the games have been played. Twins could get swept and the Sox could sweep this weekend and be right back in this. I am not giving up yet.

ozzman
and this season is ov-ah!

Crestani
it's over. The sox need to play .800 ball here on out to even have a prayer. I think we have just run out of magic.

x2..!!

BadBobbyJenks
09-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Sweep the twins and we are still in horrible shape.

It is ovah.

WhiteSoxFTW
09-09-2010, 03:46 PM
The only way its even remotely possible is to sweep the Twins. They play Cleveland this weekend and the Twins are on a roll so it's at least two of three, if not a sweep (most likely a sweep). We HAVE to sweep KC and then sweep the Twins to even have a shot. Even then, it's remote.

BUT, I still have six games left in my package and I will be going to all six and rooting for them either way. :D:

AnkleSox
09-09-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm pretty confident that I won't be missing much Sox baseball when I go to Costa Rica at the beginning of October.

GoGoCrede
09-09-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm pretty confident that I won't be missing much Sox baseball when I go to Costa Rica at the beginning of October.

Ha. I like to think that if they don't win the division, the Sox have my education in mind - the playoffs always start around midterms week.

russ99
09-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Danks and Floyd were counted to step up vs. the Twins and now again in Detroit, and failed both times.

I don't have much confidence they can do that against the Twins at home next week.

But we'll see. Plenty of ball still to play. Even the wild card could be a possibility if the Sox can win a bunch of games down the stretch.

asindc
09-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Just posted this in the postgame thread, but it is just as appropriate here:

Just getting back to the computer after about two hours away. I was hoping to be surprised and not see any "it's over" talk, but alas... I've said all along that if the Twinkees do beat us out for the division title, it will be because their pitching has been better than expected when it matters most. Let's see how the next three weeks unfold before we pull a Dennis Green.

Go White Sox
09-09-2010, 03:59 PM
6 games back with 22 left

that means even if minnesota goes 11-11 the Sox have to go 17-5 this season is OVAH......

:(:

still looking forward to attending the last game of the season on Oct 3rd tho....

jdm2662
09-09-2010, 03:59 PM
When you go 7-3 on a road trip and lose two games in the standings, it's simply not a good sign. I will still back them, but I haven't been too emotionally attached. If they win, great. If they don't, oh well. At least they made my summer more interesting.

GoGoCrede
09-09-2010, 04:02 PM
BUT, I still have six games left in my package and I will be going to all six and rooting for them either way. :D:

I'm hoping to reach 30 games by the end of the season, so I'm with ya on this one.

doublem23
09-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Well, I've still got tickets to 3 games this season and I'll keep watching, but yeah, I don't expect this to last any longer past Game 162 now.

Fun season. Frustrating season. We'll see you in 2011.

:whiteflag:

hawkjt
09-09-2010, 04:26 PM
If the Sox can get hot again,at home, sweep this homestand, I predict they will be dead even with the Twins when they head west.
The twins will lose at least 3 of 6 vs the Tribe and Det on the road...the sox have to sweep them,and win the rest of the homestand...not impossible from a team that just won 7 straight on the road.

Not going anywhere....that last week is gonna be exciting,mark my words.

Cat Thief
09-09-2010, 04:27 PM

Too bad it didn't fall apart at this time last week. I could have saved my money for a few more months until the 2011 renewal is due. :shrug:

Thought the same thing today.

FielderJones
09-09-2010, 04:32 PM
When it says Elim in the two columns to the right of the Sox on this table (http://riot.ieor.berkeley.edu/%7Ebaseball/american_league.html), I will consider the season over. And not a day before.

guillen4life13
09-09-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm proud of the Sox. Yeah, they had problems and sometimes were very frustrating, but... they fought back and made it very interesting. This late slide is not really for lack of production on their part, but rather the Twins just catching fire at the right time. As JDM said: when you go 7-3 on a road trip and lose two games in the standings, there's not much more you can do.

Going into the season, most people thought that 90 wins would take the division. The Twins are on pace to win 96 games, while the Sox are on pace to win 89 games. That's still a good season, and certainly better than what many people on these boards were predicting back in winter.

Well... it's not over yet, but it's looking bleak. I'll be the first here to come out and say that, if the Twins make the playoffs, I'll be rooting for Jim Thome to get himself a ring.

bunty_doghunter
09-09-2010, 10:03 PM

The high cost of optimism.

nccwsfan
09-09-2010, 10:08 PM
It's not over until the elimination # is zero, so as a fan I'll hold out hope that it happens. That said the reality of no October baseball is starting to sink in....

I'm there for all 162, regardless of what happens.

ChiSoxGirl
09-09-2010, 10:12 PM
It's not over until the elimination # is zero, so as a fan I'll hold out hope that it happens. That said the reality of no October baseball is starting to sink in....

I'm there for all 162, regardless of what happens.

So am I. Baseball and the White Sox are what I love most in professional sports and until it's mathematically impossible for them to make the playoffs, I'll believe some sort of miracle could occur. Do I think it will? No, I think they're done. But, with that said, there will always be hope until the tragic number is zero.

twinsuck
09-09-2010, 10:12 PM
It's sad to admit it, but it's ovah. Let's just hope the Rays/Yankees swept the twinkies in the playoffs. :D:

boiker
09-09-2010, 10:15 PM
When you go 7-3 on a road trip and lose two games in the standings, it's simply not a good sign. I will still back them, but I haven't been too emotionally attached. If they win, great. If they don't, oh well. At least they made my summer more interesting.

This. The Twins have just been that hot.

WhiteSox5187
09-09-2010, 10:36 PM
This. The Twins have just been that hot.

The good news is that law of averages says that they have to cool off. Sadly that time might not come until October when they will lose the first three games of the playoffs.

Brian26
09-09-2010, 10:47 PM
I'll watch until the end because I love baseball.

I'll also watch knowing that the Sox don't deserve to win the Central.

I have no animosity towards Minnesota right now, at all. The Sox gift-wrapped two games for them with last inning meltdowns, including blowing a 3-run lead. That's a four game swing. Factor in the Mother's Day meltdown and basically sleep-walking through April and May, and you quickly realize this team has no business winning the division by their own fault. The Twins didn't win this division; the Sox gave it away. I'll be amazed if they win 90 games and wonder how they did it.

Complain all you want about the Twins going down in the first round again. The Sox would do the same thing if they somehow miraculously made it. The pitching staff in running on fumes right now.

Domeshot17
09-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Story of the season is no one stepping up in big moments. Didn't have a pitcher who constantly stopped a slide or consistently pitched to a big game. I think Buehrle kind of sucked the life out of us a little this year. I am not BLAMING him for the year by any means, but so many big games we looked at him to stop a slide or step up, and it felt like he would give up 4-5 runs early.

The lack of offensive leadership hurt. PK did what he could, but the lack of come back wins late was very telling. This spent the better part of a season waiting for someone else to win the game for them. They got hot, and cold, as a team. There really was no stopper. Not in the pen, offensively, or the rotation.

I hope next year we go back to being an AL offensive club. It is the biggest step in the right direction. An offensive first DH, an offensive first 3rd base, it will do wonders. Omar has been a nice addition, but if you have his puny bat at 3rd you need a DH who is going to be capable of driving in 100 runs.

ChiSoxGal85
09-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Well... it's not over yet, but it's looking bleak. I'll be the first here to come out and say that, if the Twins make the playoffs, I'll be rooting for Jim Thome to get himself a ring.

I agree 100%. If the Sox can't win it, I hope the Twins go all the way, just so Jim Thome can get his ring. He's a class act, and he deserves one.

I'll watch the Sox until they're done playing and then I'll watch all the playoff games I can. I miss baseball when it's over. :(:

What a roller coaster season this has been...

captain54
09-09-2010, 11:14 PM
I hope next year we go back to being an AL offensive club. It is the biggest step in the right direction. An offensive first DH, an offensive first 3rd base, it will do wonders. Omar has been a nice addition, but if you have his puny bat at 3rd you need a DH who is going to be capable of driving in 100 runs.

I agree.....if there's any positive out of this year it's maybe the Sox brass has learned that this idea of having a lot of average hitters around who are versatile defensively is just not going to cut it.

thomas35forever
09-09-2010, 11:21 PM
The Twins didn't win this division; the Sox gave it away.
False. The Twins are hot at the right time and except for their slide before the All-Star break, they've played well all year. We have not aside from those two hot streaks.

Red Barchetta
09-09-2010, 11:51 PM
I know it looks bad, but we went 7-3 on this roadtrip! I still don't believe the Twins are this good and I'm expecting an epic, Cubs 1969-like, choke.

Go SOX!

:cool:

rookie
09-10-2010, 12:53 AM
I'm still hopin' for something special as someone in the postgame thread said. Stranger things have happened in baseball.

I've also got 4 more games to attend and just got asked to tomorrow as well so that makes five. Watching football halfheartedly tonight made me realize how much I love baseball, and how much I'm going to miss it and going to games.

If special doesn't happen this month, at least we got a taste of it in June. Baseball mattered until close to the end of the regular season. I know some say it doesn't matter unless you make the playoffs, but it does. Who would've wanted that April/May stretch to last all season?

pudge
09-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Winning this division would have been near miraculous with the April and May this team had. I don't even care about the historic streak against mainly NL teams that got them back into this. Anything good that happened to this team after the record they came out of May with is darn near a miracle. And yet, there is still time for a miracle.....

manders_01
09-10-2010, 01:01 AM
I haven't given up yet. This is baseball. Crazier things have happen.

CWSpalehoseCWS
09-10-2010, 01:43 AM
Are the Sox out of it? No. Can they somehow win the whole home stand, with the Twins simultaneously going on a losing streak? Sure. Probability of happening: next to no chance. This team cannot do it. They put a a good fight to get back in the race in the middle of the year, but they just don't have it. The Twins are a machine right now. The Sox look like they are/have been breaking down. They aren't a bad team, but they are good enough to win the division. I hate sating it, but this Detroit series ended their chances. I hope they can somehow prove me wrong, but I highly doubt they will. Time for the Bears to let us all down.

gogosox675
09-10-2010, 02:01 AM
I think it's over. However, I'm proud that this team came back to challenge Minnesota the way they did. This team showed a lot of heart this season and has been really fun to watch.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Sadly that time might not come until October when they will lose the first three games of the playoffs.

Despite the fact that the Twins are in a good spot to win the division, somehow I take a sick pleasure in knowing their track record in the ALDS shows them being home a week after the White Sox.

harwar
09-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Things can change so fast sometimes .. if we go 7-2 (including a sweep of the twins) and the twins go 5-5, well then .. you never know .. it can happen ..

ChiSoxGirl
09-10-2010, 08:22 AM
I agree 100%. If the Sox can't win it, I hope the Twins go all the way, just so Jim Thome can get his ring. He's a class act, and he deserves one.

I'll watch the Sox until they're done playing and then I'll watch all the playoff games I can. I miss baseball when it's over. :(:

What a roller coaster season this has been...

Me, too. Even in dreadful seasons like 2007, I watched and/or listened to every single game until the very end because I love baseball THAT much.

I'm still hopin' for something special as someone in the postgame thread said. Stranger things have happened in baseball.

I've also got 4 more games to attend and just got asked to tomorrow as well so that makes five. Watching football halfheartedly tonight made me realize how much I love baseball, and how much I'm going to miss it and going to games.

If special doesn't happen this month, at least we got a taste of it in June. Baseball mattered until close to the end of the regular season. I know some say it doesn't matter unless you make the playoffs, but it does. Who would've wanted that April/May stretch to last all season?

Same here. I've been known to get a little sentimental when I know I'm at my last game for the season. I stick around the ballpark a little longer than usual just looking around and taking everything in, knowing it'll be six months before I'm back there. Yikes... just thinking about this makes me sad! :(:

October26
09-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Same here. I've been known to get a little sentimental when I know I'm at my last game for the season. I stick around the ballpark a little longer than usual just looking around and taking everything in, knowing it'll be six months before I'm back there. Yikes... just thinking about this makes me sad! :(:

I love the White Sox and am also sad on the last day of the baseball season. And I will echo what others have said - I am proud of this team for the fun Summer they gave us in 2010 and I will be watching until the last out is recorded on October 3rd. Go Sox!

ChiSoxGirl
09-10-2010, 08:38 AM
I love the White Sox and am also sad on the last day of the baseball season. And I will echo what others have said - I am proud of this team for the fun Summer they gave us in 2010 and I will be watching until the last out is recorded on October 3rd. Go Sox!

They gave us a hell of a summer, that's for sure. My last day of school was June 9 -- the Sox were 24-33 (I think) that afternoon, 9 1/2 games out of first, and basically left for dead; I figured this would be a 2007-esque season. That night, I opted to watch the Stanley Cup Finals, as opposed to the Sox, but flipped to the ballgame during commercials and intermissions. Much to my surprise, the Sox put a 15-3 hurting on the Tigers, marking the beginning of their phenomenal comeback. I was at the July 11 game when they overtook first place after beating the Royals 15-5 and the ballpark was so alive that afternoon; the Sox were in first place and everybody was beyond happy. Strangely enough, that afternoon was the last time I saw the Sox win in person. I'm hoping to break my six game losing streak tomorrow night.

Stoky44
09-10-2010, 09:19 AM
3ldTGno__58

Chez
09-10-2010, 12:03 PM
There's nothing wrong with hoping for or even expecting the improbable to occur. It's what makes sports fun -- faith in the unlikely. I'm sticking with my team and will see the season through to the end.

#1swisher
09-10-2010, 12:33 PM
3ldTGno__58

What talent! I could listen to any version of "Don't Stop Believing" keep 'em coming. :cool:

I have not given up on the 2010 Chicago White Sox.

:gosox:

EDIT: Would posters stop mentioning the Twins in every thread. :angry::angry: Seriously, are there that many Twins fans that post here :scratch:

The only reason I registered on this site was to read about MY WHITE SOX. It's getting to the level of those hockey posts.

Noneck
09-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I already gave up hope once this year, I'll hope against hope now till the bitter end. Only one give up per year, per customer.

nccwsfan
09-10-2010, 12:39 PM

I had this day yesterday in Detroit (barring another run by our guys)....it's always surreal to go from attending/watching/listening to games almost every day to practically nothing for six months! Thankfully there are outlets like MLB Network and XM/Sirius to fill in some of the open spots.

Baseball > all other sports combined (in my world anyway)

tstrike2000
09-10-2010, 12:45 PM
I watch, too no matter how they're doing because I love baseball and the White Sox. No matter what the year is, given the Sox and Twins were close at the beginning of August, if you told me the Twins won 19 of 22 from late August through mid-September I'd be willing to bet money the Sox were done. That said, this year the Sox still gave the division away on many levels.

kufram
09-10-2010, 01:02 PM
People have been pronouncing the season dead and over since April. Of course it is a long shot but I don't give up because it is a long shot.

Should we lose the division race it will be because we didn't win a few games in the last 3 weeks and the Twins lost even fewer. One needs not look back any further than that. It was there for the taking.

All of the what-ifs about the DH, the manager, the GM, the owner, Teahen, Manny, bunting, base-running, etc... add up to exactly nothing if we'd won 4 more games lately and the Twins had lost the usual amount LATELY.

There ain't a lot to fix here although some would say otherwise. Performances just need to be good at the right time, which they have been to get us this far into September.

And, although we are very close to the MUST WIN point, we are not there just yet. My heart sank a bit when we lost the 3rd in a row yesterday but I've seen far too many impossible miracles in my lifetime to think something as small as this can't happen. Hmmm... could be an age advantage?

ghostface36
09-10-2010, 01:03 PM
i haven't given up yet but im far to pissed off too watch the sox play esp teams like det and min

Brian26
09-10-2010, 01:22 PM
The Twins didn't win this division; the Sox gave it away.

False. The Twins are hot at the right time and except for their slide before the All-Star break, they've played well all year. We have not aside from those two hot streaks.

No, not false. The difference between the Twins and the Sox right now is six games in the loss column. Take away the Thome walk-off homer Thornton served up on a silver platter and the Jenks 3-run meltdown before that (both games, we were within 3-outs of winning), and that's a reduction of four games in the loss column. We'd be 2.0 out right now with a 3-game series at home next week.

It doesn't matter if the wins come at the beginning of the season, the end or in the middle. Not counting the games the Sox gave them, the Twins have played two lousy games better than the Sox all year.

soxfanatlanta
09-10-2010, 02:29 PM
No, not false. The difference between the Twins and the Sox right now is six games in the loss column. Take away the Thome walk-off homer Thornton served up on a silver platter and the Jenks 3-run meltdown before that (both games, we were within 3-outs of winning), and that's a reduction of four games in the loss column. We'd be 2.0 out right now with a 3-game series at home next week.

It doesn't matter if the wins come at the beginning of the season, the end or in the middle. Not counting the games the Sox gave them, the Twins have played two lousy games better than the Sox all year.

"Shoota-Logic" :tongue:

How many games were "given" to the Sox this year? You can use that coulda-woulda-shoulda stuff for any team.

billcissell
09-10-2010, 02:37 PM
With 22 games left to play we are 6 back and 6 behind in the loss column. We are a longshot at best to catch Minnesota this year. It's been an exciting season and it isn't over yet. But we absolutely must sweep the Twins next week if we are to have a chance. Winning 2 of 3 isn't going to do it.

kufram
09-10-2010, 02:49 PM

It matters in the sense that you can't change wins and losses, but pulling games out in isolation and changing the outcome is pointless. The Twins lost games they should have won too. IF we lose the division it will have been lost in the last week and this week because it was there to win. Still is, just more difficult and we need the Twins to lose. The Twins have played many games better than the Sox this year.... we just hung in there tenaciously.

SSrep
09-10-2010, 03:10 PM
MOD EDIT

No Politics = No Politics. Will someone please explain to me which part of that is ambiguous, so I may clarify the rules?

Thanks,

Doub

guillensdisciple
09-10-2010, 03:24 PM
While I am all for believing and all that fun stuff, we might want to give up the "Don't Stop Believing" thing from 2005. It really has not worked since then, and it's probably meant for 2005 not for 2010. Just a feeling that maybe we have to let go of the past.

cards press box
09-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Though this may contradict a post I made in the postgame thread, I'm not one of the posters who's ready to concede. I'm probably in the minority right here, but I think I need to see one more bad series before I officially give up.

You shouldn't concede yet. 6 out with 22 left is definitely a longshot but it is possible. I do think that the Sox have to sweep KC and Minnesota. That may be a tall order but this team has certainly had those kind of streaks this season. Shoot, they just had one of those streaks about a week ago in Cleveland and Boston.

Let's say the Sox sweep KC. Minnesota has to face Fausto Carmona today, Jenmear Gomez tomorrow and Mitch Talbot on Sunday. Carmona is always tough. Gomez and Talbot have pitched well at times this year. Let's say the Twins lose the Friday (Carmona) game and one of the next two. Then the Sox are 4 out going into the Twins series. A sweep of Minnesota would leave them 1 out. Two out of three would leave them 3 out. 1 out with 16 left to play is doable. 3 out with 16 left to play is also doable, but obviously more difficult.

that means even if minnesota goes 11-11 the Sox have to go 17-5 this season is OVAH......

If the Sox sweep KC and take 2 of 3 from Minnesota, then they would have to go 11-5 the rest of the year (w/10 games at home and 6 on the road) to finish 16-6 in their last 22 games.

If Minnesota goes 1-2 in Cleveland and 1-2 against the Sox next week, then the Twins would have to go 8-8 the rest of the year to finish 10-12 and in a tie with the White Sox.

This scenario is not so outlandish. I do concede, however, that for any of this to happen: (i) the Sox have to sweep KC, (ii) Cleveland needs to take 2 of 3 from Minnesota this weekend and (iii) the Sox need to take at least 2 of 3 from Minnesota next week.

WhiteSox5187
09-10-2010, 08:22 PM
I mentioned this in an another thread, but I have a fever of 101.3, so maybe it's the fever talking, but I think that at the end of this homestand the Sox will be no more than three back.

Red Barchetta
09-10-2010, 08:28 PM
I mentioned this in an another thread, but I have a fever of 101.3, so maybe it's the fever talking, but I think that at the end of this homestand the Sox will be no more than three back.

I'm staying optimistic. We sweep KC and the Tribe sweeps the Twins and we're 3 back come Monday. Stranger things have happened! I know it's hard to believe, however the Twins could lose 6 in a row.

GoGoCrede
09-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Thrilled to hear we won and the Twins lost. Hope still lives on for me.

StillMissOzzie
09-11-2010, 02:15 AM
I'll watch until the end because I love baseball.

I'll also watch knowing that the Sox don't deserve to win the Central.

I have no animosity towards Minnesota right now, at all. The Sox gift-wrapped two games for them with last inning meltdowns, including blowing a 3-run lead. That's a four game swing. Factor in the Mother's Day meltdown and basically sleep-walking through April and May, and you quickly realize this team has no business winning the division by their own fault. The Twins didn't win this division; the Sox gave it away. I'll be amazed if they win 90 games and wonder how they did it.

Complain all you want about the Twins going down in the first round again. The Sox would do the same thing if they somehow miraculously made it. The pitching staff in running on fumes right now.

This sums up my feelings pretty well. The Twins have owned the Sox this year, the Sox have been roughed up by the bottom-dwellers too much, and in overall vs, the rest of the AL Central, the Twins have done much better than the Sox. They don't deserve it, but I am still cheering for it.

Hope springs eternal. I have a few more games to go to yet, and I will be there. The Sox might gain one more game on the Twins before their final 3-game do-or-die series. The Sox need to sweep, of course, and then they are but 1 game back. Hope springs eternal!

SMO
:gulp:

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-11-2010, 03:46 AM
I'd like to go on record right now by saying I fully support this team and believe they will make the post season.

guillensdisciple
09-11-2010, 05:37 AM
What a funny and silly thing hope is.

One thing can change all of it, and so quick too.

I am a believer. Sign me up.

doublem23
09-11-2010, 07:08 AM
What a funny and silly thing hope is.

One thing can change all of it, and so quick too.

I am a believer. Sign me up.

You don't have to be a believer to still have a lot of fun. You can readily admit that the Sox odds of catching Minnesota are very bleak, at best, to still stay interested. This team has shown a never-say-die attitude all year, and as long as those 3 games with the Twins are looming large out there, there's still reason to have some hope. If the Sox win their next 2 against KC and the Twins stumble again against Cleveland (remember, even though Minnesota's been white hot at home, they've struggled on the road), we're 4 GB going into a 3-game set with them.

It's been too fun a ride all year long for me to want to exit already. So stick with them through October 3. Maybe it'll pay off. Wouldn't that be amazing?

guillensdisciple
09-11-2010, 08:37 AM
You don't have to be a believer to still have a lot of fun. You can readily admit that the Sox odds of catching Minnesota are very bleak, at best, to still stay interested. This team has shown a never-say-die attitude all year, and as long as those 3 games with the Twins are looming large out there, there's still reason to have some hope. If the Sox win their next 2 against KC and the Twins stumble again against Cleveland (remember, even though Minnesota's been white hot at home, they've struggled on the road), we're 4 GB going into a 3-game set with them.

It's been too fun a ride all year long for me to want to exit already. So stick with them through October 3. Maybe it'll pay off. Wouldn't that be amazing?

It's one of those things where, even if they don't make it, it's best to be there for the ride. I already know I am going to look back on this year as one of my favorites in a few years so I am going to stick in here.

Go Sox. Lets do this thing.

FielderJones
09-11-2010, 12:52 PM
There are 18 MLB teams that would love to be playing meaningful games today. Yes, the hill is high and steep, but it is climbable. Last night's win was so much fun, I can't imagine giving up on this season just yet.

I hope we can get a big crowd out for tonight's game -- I'll be there.

LongLiveFisk
09-11-2010, 01:47 PM
If your team is still in the thick of things in September, as ours is, you do not give up until your team is mathematically eliminated.

kaufsox
09-11-2010, 04:39 PM

still looking forward to attending the last game of the season on Oct 3rd tho....

been a tradition of mine for the last 6 years. Don't know why, love going to the opener and the close of the regular season. :shrug:

GoGoCrede
09-11-2010, 04:46 PM
been a tradition of mine for the last 6 years. Don't know why, love going to the opener and the close of the regular season. :shrug:

I love it too. I like hearing the players address the fans. I attended my first Opening Day this year, so I'm excited to close out the season, too.

fram40
09-11-2010, 05:13 PM

so have I. My Ozzie plan always include the opener and the final game

Frankfan4life
09-11-2010, 05:53 PM
If your team is still in the thick of things in September, as ours is, you do not give up until your team is mathematically eliminated.As long as there is still hope, I'll keep hoping. :crossfingers::praying: