PDA

View Full Version : Bacon Hand Update... 9/8

doublem23
09-08-2010, 11:38 AM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/09/beckham-says-injured-hand-ok-hopes-to-play.html

Says hand is OK today, says he can play if Ozzie needs him.

hi im skot
09-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Mmm...bacon hand.

:drool:

eriqjaffe
09-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Unfortunately, this will do nothing to fix Beckham's ham-fisted play. http://a.imageshack.us/img442/9922/rimshot.gif

thomas35forever
09-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Mmm...bacon hand.

:drool:
How many calories do you think that would pack?

LITTLE NELL
09-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Sounds like a miracle happenned overnight. I thought he may be through for the season the way he was talking yesterday.

hawkjt
09-08-2010, 02:41 PM
I heard him interview today on the Score. They took another x-ray yesterday just to be sure...nothing broken. Dr. told him that all the muscles in the hand are interconnected so that can explain the pain moving around. He seemed much more positive today that he will be out there soon,but Ozzie always sits them an extra day..so he is sitting today.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-08-2010, 02:42 PM
I heard him interview today on the Score. They took another x-ray yesterday just to be sure...nothing broken. Dr. told him that all the muscles in the hand are interconnected so that can explain the pain moving around. He seemed much more positive today that he will be out there soon,but Ozzie always sits them an extra day..so he is sitting today.Which is perfectly fine...

TheOldRoman
09-08-2010, 03:09 PM
You mean Joe Cowley jumped the gun and by running with sensationalist speculation which proved to be completely false? I am shocked!

DumpJerry
09-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Sounds like a miracle happenned overnight. I thought he may be through for the season the way he was talking yesterday.
I'm puzzled as well. I heard a sound bite on The Score this morning of him saying he can't even hold a bat.

I guess they dug up an old sound bite from 12 years ago. Those darn Cub fan producers at The Score!

TheOldRoman
09-08-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm puzzled as well. I heard a sound bite on The Score this morning of him saying he can't even hold a bat.

I guess they dug up an old sound bite from 12 years ago. Those darn Cub fan producers at The Score!:rolleyes:

Nobody was saying anything remotely close to that. We knew Beckham was having problems and couldn't hold a bat yesterday. Beckham was obviously concerned. What we didn't know was how serious the problem was. While legitimate news outlets reported tightness, Joe Cowley (and the Score citing Cowley) ran with the "it's probably broken, there goes the season" report.

Hitmen77
09-08-2010, 07:04 PM
We need Beckham back ASAP! Teahen is brutal out there and just killing us. :angry:

Did KW seriously think Mark was going to be passable as our starting 3B for 3 years?

CHISOXFAN13
09-08-2010, 07:08 PM
We need Beckham back ASAP! Teahen is brutal out there and just killing us. :angry:

Did KW seriously think Mark was going to be passable as our starting 3B for 3 years?

Shame on anyone in this organization for thinking Teahan could man the hot corner with his weak arm.

And why the **** is he hitting fifth yesterday and sixth today?

KenBerryGrab
09-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Throwing away what little he reaches, and Kenny extended him.

doublem23
09-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Cheer up, hombres, only 348 games left on Teahen's contract.

:bandance:

WhiteSox5187
09-08-2010, 08:01 PM

Whoever told Kenny that Teahen could play third should be fired, but we are the organization that put Josh Fields and Andy Gonzalez at third. But Teahen is killing us. I think it's no coincidence that our fielding was remarkably improved when Teahen went down.