PDA

View Full Version : Bryce Harper is a freaking tool

doublem23
09-07-2010, 10:11 PM
http://natstown.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/08/bryce-harper-qa.html

1 word he picked to describe himself... Hercules.

Sheesh, I know he's like 17 years old, but come on, man.

Dub25
09-07-2010, 10:15 PM
No surprise. Like u said, he is like 17. His dad has spoiled him and just about everyone else around him. I hope he suceeds otherwise he would probably become a trainwreck of a person along with being the biggest bust ever.

RadioheadRocks
09-07-2010, 10:21 PM
No surprise. Like u said, he is like 17. His dad has spoiled him and just about everyone else around him. I hope he suceeds otherwise he would probably become a trainwreck of a person along with being the biggest bust ever.

Exactly. Life lesson #1... don't let your mouth write a check your ass can't cash.

DirtySox
09-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Dude has been slobbered over and told he's the greatest for quite a while now. It's not surprising that there are some character issues. There was plenty written about him in this regard months before the draft occurred. Temper tantrums, taunting opposing players during games, not being receptive to advice or criticism, etc.

As you said though, he's only 17. I was also quite the douchebag at that age. People grow up, I assume he will as well.

Dub25
09-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Dude has been slobbered over and told he's the greatest for quite a while now. It's not surprising that there are some character issues. There was plenty written about him in this regard months before the draft occurred. Temper tantrums, taunting opposing players during games, not being receptive to advice or criticism, etc.

As you said though, he's only 17. I was also quite the douchebag at that age. People grow up, I assume he will as well.

Lets hope so.

tacosalbarojas
09-07-2010, 11:30 PM
17, told he's the greatest thing since sliced bread over and over and over again, and didn't even do a full tour in high school...what do we expect?

g0g0
09-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Hercules...hmm poisoned by his own wife and burned alive. He could be talking about his future as a player.

ewokpelts
09-08-2010, 08:56 AM
How is he able to be drafted/signed without finishing high school?

Also, the eye black thing is pretty douchey.

TomBradley72
09-08-2010, 09:01 AM

Completely douchey.

I was really hoping the kid would realize he's alot better off just putting his head down, shutting his mouth, and getting his work in...I guess not.

MeteorsSox4367
09-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Completely douchey.

I was really hoping the kid would realize he's alot better off just putting his head down, shutting his mouth, and getting his work in...I guess not.

Can referring to himself in the third person be following soon?

eriqjaffe
09-08-2010, 10:07 AM
I like how he includes Strasburg in his list of "veterans." :rolleyes:

SSrep
09-08-2010, 10:10 AM
He's obviously an awesome talent but this game, especially in the Nationals organization, can also humble him pretty fast. Hopefully these answers are a result of his age (especially the one where he refers to Strasburg as a veteran).

DumpJerry
09-08-2010, 10:17 AM
I like how he includes Strasburg in his list of "veterans." :rolleyes:
I noticed that, too.

One telling thing I took away from the interview:

He had no friends in high school despite being a stud jock. That tells me he is a future Clubhouse Cancer.

DirtySox
09-08-2010, 10:30 AM
I noticed that, too.

One telling thing I took away from the interview:

He had no friends in high school despite being a stud jock..

Much was written about this as well. He led a rather introverted high school life and all he did was sports. He didn't have the typical high school experience that others have. He was described a few times pre-draft as the anti Joe Mauer (before the position change obviously).

khan
09-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Oh well, he'll just be another turd whom I'll root against/another turd who will be all over ESPN.

thomas35forever
09-08-2010, 01:30 PM
He's the baseball version of Michael Crabtree.

MarkZ35
09-08-2010, 01:47 PM

He somehow got his GED over a summer and enrolled at a college in Nevada to be eligble a year earlier. It's something along those lines

guillen4life13
09-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Maybe I don't get all the fuss.

A lot of what he says seems to be very tongue in cheek. I don't know much about his previous attitude, but just from that, he seems like he may just have a sense of humor. I mean, shoot, I've been asked to describe myself in one word before in a school newspaper interview regarding my band, and I think the answer I came up with was "God-like."

You guys are reminding me of this guy: :geezer:

Rdy2PlayBall
09-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Maybe I don't get all the fuss.

A lot of what he says seems to be very tongue in cheek. I don't know much about his previous attitude, but just from that, he seems like he may just have a sense of humor. I mean, shoot, I've been asked to describe myself in one word before in a school newspaper interview regarding my band, and I think the answer I came up with was "God-like."
You're a total tool...

Taliesinrk
09-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Bryce Harper has nothing on this "talent" when it comes to humility?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fifkj8rTN4Y

OTOH, at least he told all of his followers to stay in school... it's paid off for him.

soltrain21
09-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Bryce Harper has nothing on this "talent" when it comes to humility?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fifkj8rTN4Y

OTOH, at least he told all of his followers to stay in school... it's paid off for him.

Leave P-Nut alone.

Whitesox029
09-08-2010, 06:59 PM
The Nats are on record as saying they will not allow him to wear his eye-black that way.
I'm not too concerned about this...he's going to be humbled in a big way if and when he is rushed into the majors. The difference between facing some scared college kid and facing a crafty MLB veteran pitcher is pretty significant. You think Halladay or Oswalt is going to be scared of facing him? This will be the first time he'll have to earn the respect of his opponents rather than having other kids/the media do it for him by spreading rumors of his 'greatness'.

SoxNation05
09-08-2010, 07:22 PM
The kid has no sense of humor.

WhiteSox5187
09-08-2010, 08:07 PM
The Nats are on record as saying they will not allow him to wear his eye-black that way.
I'm not too concerned about this...he's going to be humbled in a big way if and when he is rushed into the majors. The difference between facing some scared college kid and facing a crafty MLB veteran pitcher is pretty significant. You think Halladay or Oswalt is going to be scared of facing him? This will be the first time he'll have to earn the respect of his opponents rather than having other kids/the media do it for him by spreading rumors of his 'greatness'.

They have told him that he has to change a lot of things he does because according to one scout and I am quoting here, "He has to change, otherwise he will be killed."

veeter
09-08-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm calling it right now. He has a Gregg Jefferies type career.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-08-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm calling it right now. He has a Gregg Jefferies type career.Why did you choose him as an example?

ewokpelts
09-09-2010, 08:22 AM
i say joe borchard

veeter
09-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Why did you choose him as an example?Supposed phenom who never became great.

soltrain21
09-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Look at the list of his favorite teams. What a dork.

http://deadspin.com/5645981/bryce-harper-is-a-fan-of-every-bandwagon-team

doublem23
09-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Look at the list of his favorite teams. What a dork.

http://deadspin.com/5645981/bryce-harper-is-a-fan-of-every-bandwagon-team

Love how he notes the Cowboys have "always been good" as to why he likes them. Bro, you were born in 1992. The Cowboys have won 10+ games 8 times in your life, 1/2 of them before you were 5 years old.

MarkZ35
09-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Ha ha, Here is a comment from the article,

"I haven't prayed this hard for a prospect to fail since I knocked up the fat bridesmaid at my cousin's wedding."

JermaineDye05
10-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Now he says that the Nats will be the Yankees of the NL East.

:rolleyes:

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Bryce-Harper-Nationals-are-gonna-be-the-Yankee?urn=mlb-278260)

I've never wanted someone to eat their own words so badly.