PDA

View Full Version : 10,000th Talking Baseball Thread Super Discussion - Award Races

Marqhead
09-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Who do you like for:

MVP
CY Young
ROY

And any other of the current races?

I took a look at some of the headline stats today, some tight races shaping up!

I like:

NL MVP: Joey Votto (Helps that the Reds are in 1st. Helps even more that he's in contention for the triple crown)
AL MVP: Miguel Cabrera (Hamilton going down locks it up for him)

NL Cy Young: Roy Halladay (Seems Ubaldo really blew his shot at this one. He's got a chance with a solid Sept. and especially if the Rockies sneak in.)
AL Cy Young: CC Sabathia (David Price needs to get to 20 wins I think.)

NL ROY: Jamie Garcia (Heyward is the media darling, this is an interesting one.)
AL ROY: Brennan Bosch? Austin Jackson?

gogosox675
09-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Dusty Baker or Bud Black for NL manager of the year? I'm kind of torn between the two. I guess it depends on if the Padres make the playoffs or not.

hawkjt
09-07-2010, 12:24 PM
The Rockies are making their annual sept run,so I have to give the nod to
A-Gon for NL MVP...he could sneak in with the triple crown and is hitting .397 at home..and they have a lot of home games left..on fire!

AL MVP...I think Hamilton will be back soon,and the Rangers will win their division...he gets the nod. Plus, Cabrera faces the Twins and Sox a lot down the home stretch and neither team will let him beat them..or they deserve to get beat.

NL Cy- Halladay. Eastern press will select him.
AL Cy- CC gets the nod...he just wins.

Manager of the Year:
AL: Ron Washington will edge out Ozzie...guys like Phil Rodgers had him being the first guy fired this season in March...now a division winner.

NL: Close race between Baker,Black or Botche...I go with Baker.

goofymsfan
09-07-2010, 03:25 PM
While CC has more wins, he does not lead the league in innings pitched, quality starts, strikeouts, ERA. Felix doesn't get the run support, but he does lead the league in all of those categories. Felix should get the Cy Young, but won't. Here is an article outlining the numbers between Felix and C.C. (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/marinersblog/2012831061_numbers_dont_support_contentio.html#con tinue)

DSpivack
09-07-2010, 03:39 PM
While CC has more wins, he does not lead the league in innings pitched, quality starts, strikeouts, ERA. Felix doesn't get the run support, but he does lead the league in all of those categories. Felix should get the Cy Young, but won't. Here is an article outlining the numbers between Felix and C.C. (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/marinersblog/2012831061_numbers_dont_support_contentio.html#con tinue)

King Felix is on a last place team. He won't win.

SoxSpeed22
09-07-2010, 03:57 PM
AL Cy Young: Tough call between Price and Sabathia, but Sabathia gets it for me.
NL Cy Young: Adam Wainwright. Even if the Cards don't make the playoffs, he's been the best pitcher in the NL.
AL MVP: I want Paulie to win it, but Jose Bautista and Miguel Cabrera have the better overall numbers.
NL MVP: Joey Votto has all of the numbers necessary.
Managers, Ron Washington and Bud Black have led their teams well.

getonbckthr
09-07-2010, 04:29 PM
CY YOUNG
AL- Captain Cheeseburger Sabathia
NL- Tim Hudson

MVP
AL- Josh Hamilton
NL- Carlos Gonzalez

ROTY
AL- Austin Jackson
NL- Jason Heyward

MOTY