PDA

View Full Version : Official 9/6 Ship keeps Sale-ing

Shoeless_Jim
09-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Nice win without PK and only one AB from Rios!!!
Chris Sale babay!

thomas35forever
09-06-2010, 04:08 PM
http://blog.timesunion.com/microbusiness/files/2010/08/cash-register.bmp

WhiteSoxOnly
Sweet little comeback,again.Now watch KC pull one out of their asses.

JermaineDye05
The team is 7-0 since picking up Manny.

and we've come back A LOT.

Congrats Chris on your first major league win!!

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

Craig Grebeck
09-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Sale is very good. Can't wait to see how he does as a starter in Birmingham in 2011.

BigHurt3515
09-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Chris Sale was amazing

JermaineDye05
09-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Props to Jackson for keeping us in the game despite not having his good stuff.

vinny
It was the AJ and Sale show today. Keep on truckin, boys!

MtGrnwdSoxFan
Manny Ramirez and Alexei Ramirez are both Ramirez's.

(They're also kickass baseball players)

Good work, boys!

manders_01
This look seriously bad after the bottom of the first. Then it looked seriously good after the top of the second. It turned out to be pretty even with the right team having the most runs in the end.

WOO-HOO!!! Seven in a row!!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

October26
Congratulations to Chris Sale on getting his first major league win! :bandance: 7 straight, baby! Go Sox!:bandance:

OmahaSoxFan
Don't look now... that's SEVEN in a row for the Sox!!! Getting hot at the best time possible... now waiting for the Twinks to slip up one of the these weeks.

Either way the Sox are making us proud by not giving up an extra inch right now in this race! They are making the pick-up of Man Ram look like a genius move at this point.

Nice to see Chris Sale shut it down to earn the W! That ERA sitting at 0.66 looks DAMN good right now!

About Beckham, I am thinking he might need a day or two off... but maybe tomorrow he would come right back out and kill the ball after a game like today.

Nelfox02
09-06-2010, 04:11 PM
great finish there for Sale

he pitched around the bad defense by beckham.....the weird 2 run HR call for Inge.....and nice finale with in 3-2 situation to Damon with Cabrera looming

great win

now if KC could find a way to rally----2.5 sounds A LOT better than 3.5

something else, yeah I know Beckett has been blah this year but he is still Beckett, look at the guys the sox beat this long weekend

Beckett
Bucholtz
Lackey
Sherzer

not too shabby, all on the road too, and with a DH

soltrain21
Gutsy to leave Sale in like that. Really glad it paid off.

LITTLE NELL
7 in a row on the road!!! Dont stop now boys.
C'mon KC.
We have to get to no worse than 2 out when we face the Twins.

FielderJones
Manny Ramirez and Alexei Ramirez are both Ramirez's.

That's Ramirezes
/kittle

Corlose 15
I was following on gameday and was in the process of turning on mlb.tv to watch Sale pitch when it showed Inge hit the homerun. I turned gameday off to do some homework, expecting them to have lost. Then I came here and noticed there wasn't a postgame thread yet so they must have tied it up.

I turned on mlb.tv in time to see Sale get the last two outs. What a win!:bandance:

Sunnydre
09-06-2010, 04:12 PM
meh...isn't this just my luck.

The Sox are streaking and are the hottest team in baseball right now - but guess who the second hottest team is?

:raincloud:

JermaineDye05
09-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Oh my God, we're having a fire SALE (http://www.hulu.com/watch/1296/arrested-development-fire-sale)!

ChiSoxGal85
09-06-2010, 04:13 PM
I heart Chris Sale!
A very roller-coaster-y game, EJ not consistent but battling it out, and the Sox bats were hot n cold. But nice job overall, especially battling back from behind for the second day in a row. I like the fight the Sox are showing.

cub killer
09-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Hmm, I was gonna do "Wins for Sale, get 'em while they're hot!" as a thread title. Maybe for another day.

Red Barchetta
09-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Great win! C'mon KC!

vinny
09-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Enjoy your shower, Chris!
:beer

SoxSpeed22
09-06-2010, 04:16 PM
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/images/q-s/scrubs2-46.jpg
Newbie! What a great draft pick that is proving to be. Congrats on your first win.

What a ballsy effort with some clutch hitting from Alexei and AJ. Jackson didn't have his best stuff but still gave a good effort. I would've taken 6-4 at the start of this road trip, but 7-0 suits me just fine.

palehozenychicty
09-06-2010, 04:17 PM
We just need to get a Twins loss or two, and I see us running by them for this division.

kufram
09-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Down by a run late in the game I was actually confident that we would win. That's what this team is giving us right now. It is easy to criticize a streaky team and bemoan them when they are losing, but man is it fun to watch when they are winning. We all know (and the team knows) that they can reel off a few more.

Lip Man 1
09-06-2010, 04:18 PM
All you can do is control what you can control and the Sox are doing that by winning games.

That may not be enough in the end but at least they are showing some guts.

Again a very nice effort today after a rocky first inning.

Lip

vinny
I was following on gameday and was in the process of turning on mlb.tv to watch Sale pitch when it showed Inge hit the homerun.
That was the home run that wasn't. Overturned on review, not even close. That would have been a killer.

OmahaSoxFan
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/images/q-s/scrubs2-46.jpg
Newbie! What a great draft pick that is proving to be.

What a ballsy effort with some clutch hitting from Alexei and AJ. Jackson didn't have his best stuff but still gave a good effort. I would've taken 6-4 at the start of this road trip, but 7-0 suits me just fine.

Yeah I would have been ecstatic if the Sox were in line to go 5-5 or 6-4 on this trip... now they can do no worse than 7-3... something tells me the way they are playing right now- with the comebacks and the bullpen getting pieced back together... 10-0 may not be out of the question... Hopefully Freddy is game for tomorrow!

OmahaSoxFan
09-06-2010, 04:20 PM
All you can do is control what you can control and the Sox are doing that by winning games.

Lip

Either way, if the Sox win or lose this race... I can say I am happy that they are battling back. It would have been easy for the Sox to take a big dump and be out 7-8 games the way Minny is playing, but to keep it within 3-4 games when the Twins are so hot is saying a lot. The Sox had their "dry spell" for the last month... time is going to catch up to the Twinkies, they can't stay hot all the way to finish this year in my mind (their bullpen is really not that great, and could be subject to some more implosions soon- and Capps sucks).

And it was great to see EJ pitch over that rough first inning, and keep the Sox within striking distance. He's been a great pick-up, and got it together when it could have went south in a hurry!

GoGoCrede
09-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Well, that was fun and exciting! So proud of our boys. Keep winning.

chisox77
09-06-2010, 04:22 PM

Lip

That's my attitude as well.

Enjoy this race to the finish. I love the fact that the White Sox are refusing to go away, with their sights on the division crown as a possible result. When Sox and the Twins meet, we'll see where this is at, and take it from there.

guillensdisciple
09-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Sale is a stud. He's going to be a gem for us in our pitching staff for years to come.

7 in a row on the road. That's insane baseball, and I can't believe we have been able to do this. What a genius Kenny Williams is- Manny and Jackson have been our saviors.

Great game today for the team. Bullpen not wasted, and got the hits when we needed them.

This line up is really scary, and has been coming up huge lately. Manny still has not hit with runner on base but that's because pitchers are giving up RBI's to the people before him :).

Messed up stat is that in this 7 game stretch we have come back in 3 games after the 7th inning while previously doing that only once (we had some ridiculous 1-50 record). Either way, I'm not complaining.

This team is rocking it. 95 wins probably wins the division- all we need is 18-7. 11 games over should not be a big problem.

p.s. if Boston takes it to Tampa in this series, Tampa might begin sweating bullets.

tdwiek
That was the home run that wasn't. Overturned on review, not even close. That would have been a killer.

Are umps that vision impaired? It wasn't even close, I mean I know watching the replay on TV is easy, but isn't there an umpire right there to watch the 3rd base line?

MtGrnwdSoxFan
For the record, the Sox have reached a new high-water mark for the season - 17 over!:bandance:

GoGoCrede
09-06-2010, 04:25 PM
That's my attitude as well.

Enjoy this race to the finish. I love the fact that the White Sox are refusing to go away, with their sights on the division crown as a possible result. When Sox and the Twins meet, we'll see where this is at, and take it from there.

Agreed. It's frustrating that we aren't gaining much ground, but our boys are definitely showing some fight. It's going to be a hell of a series against the Twins. I'll be watching (in person, most likely).

Meaningful baseball in September, rejoice!

Sunnydre
09-06-2010, 04:25 PM
The Sox had their "dry spell" for the last month... time is going to catch up to the Twinkies, they can't stay hot all the way to finish this year in my mind (their bullpen is really not that great, and could be subject to some more implosions soon- and Capps sucks).

People keep saying that......

GoGoCrede
09-06-2010, 04:26 PM

I think it's true. It just hasn't happened yet. But I think it will.

OmahaSoxFan
09-06-2010, 04:26 PM
For the record, the Sox have reached a new high-water mark for the season - 17 over!:bandance:

After the August struggles, that is simply awesome! Win or lose this division, I am proud of the boys, and I applaud the moves that I "hated at first" in picking up Jackson and Man Ram.

OmahaSoxFan
09-06-2010, 04:27 PM

Wishful thinking... if we say it enough, it WILL HAPPEN!!! :redneck

October26
09-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Well, that was fun and exciting! So proud of our boys. Keep winning.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm glad they got the call right on Inge's non-HR. If it weren't for instant replay, we might've lost this one.

Great comeback, guys! Now, let's go 8-0 on this road trip tomorrow!

oeo
09-06-2010, 04:30 PM

They're playing .667 ball since the All Star Break, .673 if they win today. That's not sustainable over a long period, they will eventually cool off. Hopefully it's not too late when they do, but they have shown signs of it lately, just being able to squeak out some wins.

Twins are 9-8 over their last 17 road games. They're doing this at home, we're doing it on the road. We'll see what happens when the roles are reversed starting this weekend. Of course three of them are against us, but despite the 5-10 record, I'm not afraid of them. Sox should be 7-8, and maybe even have a couple more to go with those. Team will be ready to play for that series, this isn't like past Sox teams.

Rdy2PlayBall
09-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Twins are 9-8 over their last 17 road games. They're doing this at home, we're doing it on the road. We'll see what happens when the roles are reversed starting this weekend.Sox are 6 games up by the end of the Twins series? :redneck

The Sox are still undefeated with Manny?

doublem23
09-06-2010, 04:37 PM
They're playing .667 ball since the All Star Break, .673 if they win today. That's not sustainable over a long period, they will eventually cool off. Hopefully it's not too late when they do, but they have shown signs of it lately, just being able to squeak out some wins.

Given the Twins' recent history, they'll likely cool down just in time for Game 1 of the ALDS and be swept out of the postseason without mercy.

Come on, Sox.

GoGoCrede
09-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Given the Twins' recent history, they'll likely cool down just in time for Game 1 of the ALDS and be swept out of the postseason without mercy.

Come on, Sox.

That is probably the most maddening thing about them winning the division, seriously.

twinsuck
09-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Don't stop now, boys!

Lip Man 1
09-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Guillen:

Don't know where you got that 1-50 number but the Sox came back to win nine games when trailing in the 7th inning or later before this road trip started.

Since then they have tacked on four more times this happened for a total of 13 games, the same number of games they have lost this season when leading in the 7th inning or later.

Lip

Sunnydre
09-06-2010, 04:41 PM

That's my point.

There isn't much time left..

guillensdisciple
09-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Guillen:

Don't know where you got that 1-50 number but the Sox came back to win nine games when trailing in the 7th innhing or later before this road trip started.

Since then they have tacked on four more times this happened for a total of 13 games, the same number of games they have lost this season when leading in the 7th inning or later.

Lip

Really?? Hmm, maybe I misread my stats, either way it was a poor display in terms of coming back after the 7th so the latest run is definitely something else.

oeo
09-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Really?? Hmm, maybe I misread my stats, either way it was a poor display in terms of coming back after the 7th so the latest run is definitely something else.

Before yesterday, they were 1-50 in games that they trailed after the 8th inning.

guillensdisciple
09-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Before yesterday, they were 1-50 in games that they trailed after the 8th inning.

Ahhhhhhhh, okay- never mind then.

soxfanreggie
09-06-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm glad they got the call right on Inge's non-HR. If it weren't for instant replay, we might've lost this one.

Great comeback, guys! Now, let's go 8-0 on this road trip tomorrow!

My reaction after seeing the text from ESPN (was out boating) was not a good one. I was a bit more puzzled when the next text came saying extras at 4-4, but I figured it was either a mistake or a replay call.

This team is playing great again. It would be fantastic if the Twins would cool off and help us a bit. :D: Watching them go win-for-win with us hasn't been fun, but they sure have been playing hot baseball too as of late.

DickAllen72
09-06-2010, 04:56 PM
It was the AJ and Sale show today. Keep on truckin, boys!
AJ is done.

Seriously, great game by AJ, Sale and those Ramirez boys.

Let's not lose another game till after the Minnesota series!

TDog
09-06-2010, 04:58 PM
No Konerko. No Rios or Ramirez in the starting lineup. Kotsay starting at first. Quentin batting third. Jackson has a rough start in his return to Detroit and the Sox are down heading into the eighth inning.

No problem.

And in an extra-inning win, the White Sox only went to one reliever.

I haven't seen the highlights yet, but I already feel good about a 5-4 10-inning win after my computer showed me the Sox were losing 6-4 in the bottom of the eighth.

I was going to post that Sunday's win was the antithesis of the August games that the Sox let get away from them. September is a great time to put it all together, and that's what the Sox seem to have going on this road trip.

JB98
09-06-2010, 05:17 PM
GO AWAY, AJ!

Keep battling, Sox. I like the fight.

kufram
09-06-2010, 05:22 PM

1-50 sounds bad. But then how many games does anybody win when trailing after 8? We've won a couple lately, though.

SOXSINCE'70
09-06-2010, 05:45 PM
meh...isn't this just my luck.

The Sox are streaking and are the hottest team in baseball right now - but guess who the second hottest team is?

:raincloud:

The one with a 3 1/2 game lead on the Sox.:(:

oeo
09-06-2010, 05:53 PM
1-50 sounds bad. But then how many games does anybody win when trailing after 8? We've won a couple lately, though.

I feel the same way. The record is going to be terrible for every team, it's a pretty useless number. A better way to judge that would be comparing the number of wins you have when trailing after 8 to other teams.

The Sox have come up just short so many times in 9th inning comebacks, so that sucks.

GoGoCrede
09-06-2010, 05:59 PM
The one with a 3 1/2 game lead on the Sox.:(:

I hope the media's taking note of this. This is a hell of a run, by both teams. It's pretty interesting to watch, and will be a hell of a finish.

guillensdisciple
09-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Makes me wonder how long this team can keep on streaking if they beat Verlander tomorrow.

A lot of match ups work in our favor after tomorrow.

Eastcoastsoxfan1
09-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Makes me wonder how long this team can keep on streaking if they beat Verlander tomorrow.

A lot of match ups work in our favor after tomorrow.

That's what I was thinking. You hate to start looking too far out with matchups but tomorrow is at the very least the key to whether we win 10 in a row on this trip.

Btw, when was the last time a Sox team has had this many long winning streaks? Haven't they already had 2 double digit winning streaks this year?

MarySwiss
09-06-2010, 06:14 PM
I hope the media's taking note of this. This is a hell of a run, by both teams. It's pretty interesting to watch, and will be a hell of a finish.

Agree, Crede. But I'm fairly certain that this will get little media attention overall. After all, check the geography. :cool:

SOXSINCE'70
09-06-2010, 06:19 PM

It's beginning to look like Ali-Frazier.
One throws a punch, the other falls and gets back up
before the "10 count". The 3 games next week will be interesting.

Lip Man 1
09-06-2010, 06:42 PM
East:

They had an 11 game one and a nine game one.

Lip

RF/DH#3
09-06-2010, 07:04 PM
I like when Multiple Pinch Runners are used and they ALL Score and Multiple Pinch Hitters are used and they ALL get Hits! :smile:

Eastcoastsoxfan1
09-06-2010, 07:12 PM
East:

They had an 11 game one and a nine game one.

Lip

Thank Lip. This team never seems to have had such long streaks in the past. We always seemed to get to 5 or 6 and blow it. These are pretty exciting.

tstrike2000
09-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Awesome win today and thank God for Sale. KC continues to suck, but though we're not gaining ground, we're obviously not losing ground either. Maybe chisoxfantic was right when she predicted a 9-1 road trip. A right prediction from her would be a first, but hopefully it comes true.

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Awesome win today and thank God for Sale. KC continues to suck, but though we're not gaining ground, we're obviously not losing ground either. Maybe chisoxfantic was right when she predicted a 9-1 road trip. A right prediction from her would be a first, but hopefully it comes true.
My predictions are never wrong. The only errors are typographical.

slavko
09-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Two Facts You Need To Know about today's game. Scherzer means joker in German. He was acquired by the Tigers for Edwin Jackson, who pitched against him today.

That out of the way, Beckham needs a breather. He's starting to jerk his head out of the way instead of following the ball to the bat with his eyes. Just like April and May.

soxlady8
09-06-2010, 08:28 PM
--nice win today in the 10th

The Sox seem to be capitalizing on bad plays by other teams :)

Let us keep the ball rolling !!

TomBradley72
09-06-2010, 08:53 PM
White Sox have the 4th best record in the AL since the All Star break, 28-22, .560 winning pct...and they've lost 7 games on the Twins, 35-15, .700 winning pct. Yanks and Blue Jays have 2nd and 3rd best records)

Eastcoastsoxfan1
09-06-2010, 09:25 PM
White Sox have the 4th best record in the AL since the All Star break, 28-22, .560 winning pct...and they've lost 7 games on the Twins, 35-15, .700 winning pct. Yanks and Blue Jays have 2nd and 3rd best records)

That Jays series that the Twins have to play may be a big one for us.

Zisk77
09-06-2010, 09:25 PM

Unpossible, the white sox always choke down the stretch just ask Dankerific.

Hopefully, we continue to own Verlander tomorrow. Come to think of it, we are kind of like twins are to us to the tigers, but worse. And yes the previous sentence should be taken out and shot.:redface:

hawkjt
09-07-2010, 01:15 AM
That Jays series that the Twins have to play may be a big one for us.

I have had that Jays series circled for a month. Last four games of the year, the Jays can be dangerous. Good starters, lots of home run hitters and Cito is old school,and a buddy of Ozzie...the Jays will be giving full effort.

Just another comeback win for the Sox....thrilling really. The clutch hitting lately has been a joy.
Verlander vs Freddy tomorrow is a huge game. It feels like the Sox simply cannot afford to be the first to blink in this race. They have to win until the Twins lose a game...c'mon KC, grow a pulse.

TheOldRoman
09-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Are umps that vision impaired? It wasn't even close, I mean I know watching the replay on TV is easy, but isn't there an umpire right there to watch the 3rd base line?It is a great thing they finally have replay on disputed homers, but it is completely unacceptable for the ump to have missed that call on the field. It was at least five feet foul. I imagine he didn't put himself in a position to get a good view. Hopefully the ump is fined or suspended. Lucky for us we had the benefit of replay.