PDA

View Full Version : MLB.TV Blackout question, please help!

chisoxfan4life
09-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm a student at Indiana University, and want to watch the rest of the games down the stretch. Today's game was blacked out on TBS, and anytime we're on ESPN it's blacked out down here. Apparently the Sox, Cubs, and Reds are all blacked out in Bloomington.

If I buy a subscription to MLB.TV, will I be able to watch the games on mlbtv? I was hoping that maybe only the CSN feed is blacked out and I'd be able to watch the opposing teams feed of the game. Is this a correct assumption or am I SOL?

Madscout
09-05-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm a student at Indiana University, and want to watch the rest of the games down the stretch. Today's game was blacked out on TBS, and anytime we're on ESPN it's blacked out down here. Apparently the Sox, Cubs, and Reds are all blacked out in Bloomington.

If I buy a subscription to MLB.TV, will I be able to watch the games on mlbtv? I was hoping that maybe only the CSN feed is blacked out and I'd be able to watch the opposing teams feed of the game. Is this a correct assumption or am I SOL?
Sorry. I'm an alum of IU. You can't get any of the games in Bloomington. The morons who make up the zones think you can get CSN, or WCIU, but you flat out can't. The only way you can watch games is if you get the sports cable package, which is wildly expensive. Pray for more games on WGN, and that's all. It sucks, but that's the way it is right now.

BTW, have fun during Bears season, should you care to watch the "football team" that will be the bears this season. I remeber plenty of games where I checked the internet to see that the bears were on fox, putting on my Bears gear, and then getting treated to the "Sunday Afternoon Movie". GRRRRRRRRR. But I'm stubborn and refused to take the easy way out, which was to become a Colts fan.

My advice, find a good bar that has TVs (not the sports bars "downtown"), suck it up, and pay for a few beers to watch the game. At least you'll get the playoffs...

doublem23
09-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Madscout seems pretty reliable, but if you really really want to make sure you're blacked out, go to www.mlbtv.com, scroll down the page and about 1/3 of the way down in to the gray box full of legal mumbo jumbo, there's a text box that will let you punch in your ZIP code and you can see exactly what teams you are blacked out from watching live online. If the Sox come up (and, I believe they will), you're out of luck. The best you can do is get MLB Gameday or whatever it's called and listen to the games on 670 AM over the internet.

lpneck
09-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Do you live in the dorms or off-campus?

If you have the ability to get satellite such as directv, you will be able to watch games on CSN, as it is part of the regular package for the Bloomington zip code (as is Fox Sports Cincinnati, so you will get Reds games as well.) The only games you would miss are the games on WCIU.

If you are in the dorms and rely on their lousy cable package you are SOL and will have to wait on WGN games.

As someone else said, almost any sports bar will have the game as they typically have directv in order to broadcast the NFL season ticket package. Ask them to tune to channel 665 for a game on CSN and it should be there.

DumpJerry
09-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Drop out of school and move back to Chicago. College is overrated.:redneck

Madscout
09-05-2010, 10:42 PM
What you can do, is wait til the games are over, and watch them when the MLBTV releases them. You gotta have a lot of discipline, and I didn't, to not look at anything that will give away the score.

chisoxfan4life
09-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the help, guys. Last year I was fortunate enough to have my apartment complex provide Direct TV so I had CSN Chicago, but it only ended up frustrating the **** out of me after a horrid September. Now that the Sox are actually going to be in it, I'm stuck with a Comcast cable package with CSN Midwest or whatever and no CSN Chicago.

There are only 4 more games on WGN this year, so that is awful. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to settle for listening to the radio feed.

psyclonis
09-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Daver edit

Do not use these forums to spread info on how to steal copyrighted material, you will get banned for it.