PDA

View Full Version : The twins overrated outfielders and astro-turf

SoxxoS
06-27-2002, 12:59 PM
You would think that you have 3 Roberto Clemente's in the outfield of the Twins according to Hawk. They are good, but I think he is underestimating the value of Astro-turf. These balls get to the outfielders in no time, so it looks like they get to them so fast. Not to mention the fact that you run A LOT faster on Astro Turf than on grass. And the Metrodome has the old Astro Turf, so its probably even faster. I absolutely hate it, and wish it was banned from baseball and football. It sucks.

delben91
06-27-2002, 02:56 PM
Was that the great Torii Hunter that just came up to the plate as the go-ahead run and fouled out to the catcher?? Couldn't be, he's the second coming of DiMaggio, he wouldn't do that.

MikeKreevich
06-27-2002, 08:56 PM
Probably the biggest home field advantage in baseball today

Nellie_Fox
06-28-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat
Probably the biggest home field advantage in baseball today You're absolutely correct, which is why I'm amazed that they want out of there so badly.

As for Torii Hunter, tell me you wouldn't want him in center field at Comiskey. I tell all my Twins fan friends to enjoy it while they can, because as soon as he's a free agent, he'll be in Yankee pinstripes.

Chisox_cali
06-28-2002, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
I tell all my Twins fan friends to enjoy it while they can, because as soon as he's a free agent, he'll be in Yankee pinstripes.

When is he going to be a FA....or I mean when is he gonna be a Yankee?