PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Walk This Way 9/5 Postgame thread

Domeshot17
09-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Big win, Thank you Boston!

So sweet stealing this from Paplebum. I think he is my most hated player in baseball.

Blueprint1
Awesome win!

soxnut1018
I can't remember a weirder six game winning streak than this one.

kM7C_yNlCLU

Soxman219
WIN OF THE YEAR

SO CLUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

JermaineDye05
SWEEP!! :bandance::bandance::bandance:

:o:

Wow. What a comeback. Almost gave it away.

Welcome back, Matty.

DaveFeelsRight
what an unexpected road trip. but that's a good thing!

GoGoCrede
09-05-2010, 05:44 PM
First sweep at Fenway since 1991 according to Hawk.

Eat it, Papelbon.

Hey Twins fans who thought they'd get some help from the Red Sox this weekend: Ha. Ha.

SWEEP.

hi im skot
Ladies and gentlemen, you just witnessed the biggest win of the season.

EnglishChiSox

So sweet stealing this from Paplebum. I think he is my most hated player in baseball.

2nd for me, after Beckett

Red Barchetta
Nice! :bandance: Great heads up base running as well. I hope Paulie is OK.

Now, if only the darn Twins would lose! :angry:

Eastcoastsoxfan1
We may look back at this game and roadtrip if we win it and say this is the reason why. WOW! I love meaningful baseball in September!

thomas35forever
G-7ZJjLy5D8

LongLiveFisk
YES!! :gulp:

Love the stunned look on Papelbon's face after he got the hook. :lol:

kevingrt
TCQ was huge today! Big base running move in the 9th, some nice base hits, nice back-up of Alex in CF.

Wow what a nice win!

harwar
These guys are just totally amazing !!! .. i wish the damn twins would lose ..

hi im skot
Hey Twins fans who thought they'd get some help from the Red Sox this weekend: Ha. Ha.

Twins fans are saying the same thing to us about the Rangers.

Brian26
09-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, you just witnessed the biggest win of the season.

Agreed.

Sox had no business winning this game.

sox1970
Sweep the Red Sox at Fenway, and we're still looking at 3.5 out. Thanks, Rangers. :angry:

But really, that was the sweetest win of the season. If it takes 20-6 the rest of the season, do it.

hi im skot
G-7ZJjLy5D8

YES. A thousand times YES.

GoGoCrede
Twins fans are saying the same thing to us about the Rangers.

Buzzkill, dude. :)

JermaineDye05
09-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Sox have ensured a winning roadtrip. I can't believe we couldn't get any help from the Rangers.

whitesox4eva
09-05-2010, 05:46 PM
6 game winning streak!! :bandance::bandance::bandance:

manders_01
09-05-2010, 05:47 PM
That. Was. Awesome. :cool:

Swept two series in a row! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Going in strong to Detroit. Sox aren't going anywhere!

:sweep :winner

DaveFeelsRight
09-05-2010, 05:47 PM
a sweep at fenway seems to make anything possible. let's go for four in detroit!

ChiSoxGal85
09-05-2010, 05:48 PM
The Twins are looking in the rear view mirror, screaming "Those dang White Sox - we can't shake 'em!"

Great way to pull out a win. Clutch hitting, a little shaky pitching by the Red Soc and great 9th by Matt (welcome back!) = a much happier me. :D:

soxfan1965
This was a sweet win. Normally the joy of a sweep is diminished because of not gaining any ground to the Twins, but not this time. Twin fans, look out, the White Sox are coming Tra, La, La, La.

Crooked Number
- first sweep in Boston since 1991

- our second win all season when trailing after 8 innings

What a win. The Whitesox finally got a closer, and got more than just the tying run (Soria, Capps etc).

Can't worry about Minn. Just keep winning games!

LoveYourSuit
Looking more and more like we have to sweep the Twins at home.

I think we can.

Lip Man 1
Amazing...and on a Sunday to boot!

Lip

Tragg
I didn't expect anything out of the Rangers. they're 1/2 choking, 1/2 figuring out how to prepare for post season.

Very nice win. Keep the pressure on the Twinks.

And the Rays lost....Ya never know.

markopat
09-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Wow that was a roller coaster of emotions! Great win for our team....Don't Stop Believin'

YES!!!

sox1970
09-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Last 3-game sweep at Boston was July, 1991. Ventura's month.

SoxSpeed22
09-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Dramatic tension.
Thank you Boston for this sweep. We missed several opportunities, but walks and bad defense do the Blow Sox in. Too bad the Rangers peaked far too early, they're going to get swept, whoever they're playing.
On to Detroit.

GoGoCrede
09-05-2010, 05:53 PM

He's not my most hated player in baseball, but it was nice to see him taken down a peg by us. And to see that shot in the dugout of him looking forlorn.

MarySwiss
09-05-2010, 05:54 PM
He's not my most hated player in baseball, but it was nice to see him taken down a peg by us. And to see that shot in the dugout of him looking forlorn.

"Forlorn" is the very word! Heh-heh-heh!:cool:

cub killer
09-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Great win!!! We all remember that road trip in 2000 that sent us on our way to the division title. This current road trip has been spectacular.

The Twins feel the Sox' hot breath right on their necks. The Sox are like a salivating, hungry beast ready to devour the Twins violently and bloodily.

LITTLE NELL
09-05-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm still sweating and shaking like a leaf.
My wife actually made me watch the bottom of the ninth.
When am I going to grow out of this.

bunty_doghunter
09-05-2010, 05:56 PM
The Sox are like a salivating, hungry beast ready to devour the Twins violently and bloodily.
Too much 'Twilight'.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-05-2010, 05:57 PM
I didn't expect anything out of the Rangers. they're 1/2 choking, 1/2 figuring out how to prepare for post season.

According to postgame, Texas has yet to beat the Yankees, Rays or Twins on the road. 0-12.

sullythered
09-05-2010, 05:59 PM
That game was bananas.

rainbow6
09-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Why was Konerko removed? I (thought) I was watching the whole game (w/the sound muted) and I couldn't figure out why Jones hit for Konerko..

I didn't recall him being pinch run for and the box score says it was a straight-up pinch hit appearance for Jones.

I must've missed something.

AlexRios51
09-05-2010, 06:01 PM
OMFG I didn't know we won I left for target after the 8th inning. And I come back to these beautiful posts :emo::happyguy::wooty:

34rancher
Ok, how long was that game officially? The top of the ninth was a ridiculous 44 minutes I think....Yawn....And to think Buehrle was pitching. Yowzaa...How do the Red Sox ever finish a game let alone a series?

LITTLE NELL
Why was Konerko removed? I (thought) I was watching the whole game (w/the sound muted) and I couldn't figure out why Jones hit for Konerko..

I didn't recall him being pinch run for and the box score says it was a straight-up pinch hit appearance for Jones.

He was in the dugout the last 2 innings all clean like he had his shower.
I don't know whats going on.

Corlose 15
Absolutely HUGE win today. Let's get on a roll here and go on one of those patented lengthy win streaks.:bandance:

Chez
09-05-2010, 06:02 PM

That's the $64,000 question. Anyone hear anything about Paulie. No news on tv.

GlassSox
09-05-2010, 06:03 PM
A huge UGLY win today and to the Sawx, thank you very much. :D:

chisoxfanatic
09-05-2010, 06:05 PM
TCQ was huge today! Big base running move in the 9th, some nice base hits, nice back-up of Alex in CF.

Wow what a nice win!
I couldn't believe Papelbitch didn't cover the bag! I'll take it! :smile:

Crazy win...I love late-inning comebacks.

chisoxfanatic
09-05-2010, 06:07 PM
As for Paulie, perhaps Ozzie wanted to give him some time to collect his thoughts since he's looked out of sorts the past couple days?

Dan H
09-05-2010, 06:10 PM
For a part time player, Ramon Castro has sure come up with a lot of clutch hits. This guy has done a job.

DirtySox
09-05-2010, 06:13 PM
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/383508590/2879639_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/cst_sox) cst_sox (http://twitter.com/cst_sox)
Konerko stiff lower back. He actually tweaked it yesterday, but tried playing through it. He is not playing tomorrow. 3 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/cst_sox/status/23092165611) via web

chisoxfanatic
09-05-2010, 06:15 PM
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/383508590/2879639_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/cst_sox) cst_sox (http://twitter.com/cst_sox)
Konerko stiff lower back. He actually tweaked it yesterday, but tried playing through it. He is not playing tomorrow. 3 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/cst_sox/status/23092165611) via web
Which probably means Manny will DH and Kotsay will play 1B.

TheCommander
09-05-2010, 06:20 PM
That game was bananas.

:supernana::supernana::supernana:

Dan H
09-05-2010, 06:20 PM
When am I going to grow out of this.

If you are like me, probably never. My hands were never so sweaty. But it sure beats the alternative of watching meaningless games in September. And this has to be the weirdest White Sox season ever. I cannot remember a season with so many peaks and valleys. On this trip they have won three games in the late innings. As far as Boston? We worried about them but they just look like another team on the schedule. Can't take them for granted but they have the fear the White Sox more than the other way around.

LongLiveFisk
09-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Ok, how long was that game officially? The top of the ninth was a ridiculous 44 minutes I think....Yawn....And to think Buehrle was pitching. Yowzaa...How do the Red Sox ever finish a game let alone a series?

Yeah this game had to be somewhere around (or just over) the 4-hour mark. That is insane for 9 innings. :o:

Streets
09-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Whooo what a game.

Those Boston pitchers just take too dang long in between pitches...that's why they play 4 hour+ games. I thought I'd never get to leave my parents house!

Keep going boys!

October26
09-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Fantastic White sox winner today. Wow. I am so proud of our Sox for pulling this one out! I didn't think they had it in them today but they proved me wrong. :D:

Palehose? YEEESSS!!!:bandance:

hi im skot
09-05-2010, 06:28 PM
I thought the Sox were disinterested today...?

Say what you will about this team, but they don't wave the white flag.

LITTLE NELL
09-05-2010, 06:33 PM
If you are like me, probably never. My hands were never so sweaty. But it sure beats the alternative of watching meaningless games in September. And this has to be the weirdest White Sox season ever. I cannot remember a season with so many peaks and valleys. On this trip they have won three games in the late innings. As far as Boston? We worried about them but they just look like another team on the schedule. Can't take them for granted but they have the fear the White Sox more than the other way around.

That 4 game series the last week could be huge.

JB98
09-05-2010, 06:34 PM
I thought Paulie looked out of sorts today. Those were four of the worst ABs he's taken all season this afternoon.

Great comeback though. The Sox are keeping their season alive, holding their ground while the Twins continue to get lucky.

Just hang tough, play it out to the end and see what happens. I'm more encouraged than discouraged at this point, because the Sox are finding ways to win.

cws05champ
09-05-2010, 06:42 PM
That 4 game series the last week could be huge.

That is the added bonus to this sweep....if we knock them further from contention they'll have nothing to play for the last week of the season and will be playing more rookies.

sox1970
09-05-2010, 06:47 PM
That is the added bonus to this sweep....if we knock them further from contention they'll have nothing to play for the last week of the season and will be playing more rookies.

I think the Red Sox know they're out of it. 7.5 games behind the Rays. 0.5 game behind the White Sox in the wild card. They're done.

TheOldRoman
09-05-2010, 06:49 PM
I thought the Sox were disinterested today...?

Say what you will about this team, but they don't wave the white flag.Agreed. In past years the guys used to pack up the tents early. This year they have fought a lot harder.

Great win. It is frustrating to have the Rangers lay an egg three straight days, especially because they had a big pitching advantage in two of those games, but there is nothing we can do about that. The Sox had to head into Boston to take on an always dangerous (though obviously injury depleted) Red Sox team while the Twins got to take on the Rangers at home. I will take holding ground through that situation any time.

SI1020
09-05-2010, 06:50 PM
When am I going to grow out of this. I never have and in fact gave up trying a long time ago.

Red Barchetta
09-05-2010, 06:56 PM
I think the Red Sox know they're out of it. 7.5 games behind the Rays. 0.5 game behind the White Sox in the wild card. They're done.

I want the division, however I also wouldn't mind the Rays going into a little September funk as well. Nice to see that Baltimore gave them the same love they gave us! :D:

doublem23
09-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Well, it sucks to win 6 in a row and pick up almost no ground on the Twins, but at least if they're going down, they're going down kicking and screaming. That's all you can hope for right now, take care of your business and hope the injuries and pitching shortages catch up with the Twinks in time.

Red Barchetta
09-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Well, it sucks to win 6 in a row and pick up almost no ground on the Twins, but at least if they're going down, they're going down kicking and screaming. That's all you can hope for right now, take care of your business and hope the injuries and pitching shortages catch up with the Twinks in time.

I think the Twins felt the same way in early July when the SOX would not stop winning. I was hoping Texas would play better, however they don't have the same sense of urgency the Twins do. Nice that the SOX kept up the pressure, just hope the Twins cool off.

hawkjt
09-05-2010, 07:04 PM
The Rays play the Red Sox,Yankees,Baltimore and Toronto the rest of the way...they might just slump and stumble a bit...please.

Sox are taking on that look of a team that refuses to lose more than 60 games this season. I think they took Hawk literally when he says you are going to lose 60 every year...they think he means exactly 60,maybe?

Just an epic comeback. The whole lineup had pretty good at bats at some point in this game.
One thing about Paulie sitting tomorrow vs Scherzer...tough matchup,anyway, and now we have a guy who can step in(Manny) and not be scared...thanks,Kenny.

Carlos had a good two days...a triple,3 doubles in the last two games.
Ramon Castro has giant cahones...I was thinking that he had a good matchup cus it was all fastballs and that man can drop the head on a fastball....beautiful.
Hard to keep up this pace,but just cannot afford any losses now..specially with the Twins having an ump with a lucky horseshoe up their behind like today...dadgummit!

tstrike2000
09-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Thank you Red Sox for mistake after mistake this weekend. No thanks to the Rangers for not doing squat.

tstrike2000
09-05-2010, 07:05 PM

I think the Red Sox have known for a while they're done.

SCCWS
09-05-2010, 07:07 PM
I think the Twins felt the same way in early July when the SOX would not stop winning. I was hoping Texas would play better, however they don't have the same sense of urgency the Twins do. Nice that the SOX kept up the pressure, just hope the Twins cool off.

Manny impact was kind of lost in the wild finish. Papelbon threw a lot more pitches than normal. Bringing Manny up in the 8th forced Francona to go to him earlier than normal. Just as we have seen w Jenks, it can come back to bite you in the 9th.

rookie
09-05-2010, 07:11 PM
I love the thread title!

Ahh, I can't remember the last Labor Day weekend that felt this good. Keep it going tomorrow Sox! Might have to get tickets to that first game of the Twins series. Already going to the Thursday game, and Sunday KC game, (and Sunday Detriot game), but I have one more coupon that needs to be used...

Zisk77
09-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Thank God Beckett & Mauer aren't on the same team! Could he work any slower? I had a fantasy FB draft and dvr'ed the game and even ff 30 seconds it was like watching paint dry. :angry: Someone tell him 4 corners is only for basketball.

SoxandtheCityTee
09-05-2010, 07:51 PM
I was away for the day and added 90 minutes to the DVR to be sure to catch the post game etc. Not even Burls can speed these games up.:D:

Papelbon: it could not happen to a nicer guy. What a jag.

Many things to be happy about, but TCQ was immense this series.

guillensdisciple
09-05-2010, 09:48 PM
I would like to make note of the fact that A.J is hitting in the .260's, Carlos is hitting in the .240's, and Beckham is a little away from .260. Hopefully this is the last time I am proud of such mediocrity in regards to average, but damn it feels nice seeing those guys get out of their prolonged slumps. The most dangerous guy on this team is still Quentin in my opinion.

Get him right and you can forget about anyone beating this hitting. Too much power, and too much speed.

EDIT: Anyone see how difficult Tampa's close is? 7 games back is a hell of a hill to climb, but that could be a possibility if Tampa implodes.

Suppose 95 wins gets the division- Sox go 19= 7 while Twins go 15-10. The Sox have to keep on winning and ensure the Twins have to play good baseball even with all the troubles their bullpen and rotation has had.

WLL1855
09-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Thank God Beckett & Mauer aren't on the same team! Could he work any slower? I had a fantasy FB draft and dvr'ed the game and even ff 30 seconds it was like watching paint dry. :angry: Someone tell him 4 corners is only for basketball.

Well, Martinez is slower than crap at calling a game as well so that didn't help the pace out either. He also visits the mound about twice an inning for some ungodly reason.

As slow as Beckett is on the mound he actually looks good compared to Papelbon. I'll have to run a stopwatch on him sometime but I swear he went three or four minutes between delivering pitches to the plate at one point.

Great win. Keep it up.

slavko
09-05-2010, 10:41 PM

Our hot June on the road coincided with a Twins nosedive. Doesn't seem to be happening quite that way this time.

I think the Red Sox have known for a while they're done.

Playing like it. Beat up, beaten down. Good to see, not enough humility Around These Parts.

gogosox675
09-05-2010, 11:46 PM
I didn't think the Sox could pull off another long winning streak this year. Hopefully this one is just starting! :bandance:

doublem23
09-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Well, Martinez is slower than crap at calling a game as well so that didn't help the pace out either. He also visits the mound about twice an inning for some ungodly reason.

Yeah, Martinez has always been slow, even when he was younger with Cleveland. I sometimes thought it was some of their pitchers (remember Rafeal Betancourt? Thank god he was in the bullpen, if he had to pitch more than 1 inning per game, it would take 7 hours), but that trait seems to have come to Boston with him.

palehozenychicty
09-06-2010, 12:10 AM
I only saw the highlights of this game, but it was unbelievable. I think we ended Papelbitch's reign in Beantown. They had been whispering about his demise for awhile. If we ended it, good. It seems like a good vibe when we hurt the Carmines deeply. Just saying. :D:

PeteWard
09-06-2010, 12:39 AM

I expected one. Their no-show this weekend really pisses me off. Minny was tired and depleted and they still got the sweep. :angry:

Nelfox02
09-06-2010, 01:00 AM
I expected one. Their no-show this weekend really pisses me off. Minny was tired and depleted and they still got the sweep. :angry:

yep, I think a lot of us around here figured that marathon game on Thurs that they eventually lost would set them back for the weekend, and they rally around it and get a sweep of a pretty solid team?

dont get me wrong, this was a great week for the sox, and each win was great because altho Minn has been kick butt on this stretch we actually picked up a game and are still in striking distance, but you see the way this Minn team responds to adversity time and time again this year and you see starters like blackburn and baker pitching this way down the stretch, just shaping up to be their year in this division

hope I am wrong on this obviously.......keep it up Sox, just get to 3 or less back as the sun rises on 9-14....

soxlady8
09-06-2010, 01:06 AM
As I was watching the game and Castro came up to the plate , I was thinking , if anyone can do this it would be him and BAM. He has been great this year. I think he prol is the best second string catcher in the MLB.

GREAT win , GREAT win , GREAT win :)

hawkjt
09-06-2010, 01:26 AM
I only saw the highlights of this game, but it was unbelievable. I think we ended Papelbitch's reign in Beantown. They had been whispering about his demise for awhile. If we ended it, good. It seems like a good vibe when we hurt the Carmines deeply. Just saying. :D:

I really was surprised that Francona used Papelbaum in the 8th.
He piled up over 40 pitches between the 8th and then the 9th.
I noticed his velocity was down to 94 from the 97 he was throwing in the 8th also.
Does he even have another pitch besides a fastball? At 94 he looked hittable.
There will never be anyone like Mariano,I guess...one pitch,unhittable.

ChiSoxGirl
09-06-2010, 03:43 AM

Absolutely. They're fighting with everything they have and are not making this easy for the rat bastards up north.

russ99
09-06-2010, 07:07 AM
What a crazy game, couldn't ask for a better first game at Fenway.

Sure looked bad at times with lots of runners stranded and Buehrle hanging himself with the extra rope Ozzie gave him, but no matter how ugly the win, it's still a win, and the first sweep in Boston in a long, long time.

The atmosphere at Fenway was great, and the fans were very cool, except for some things said durning the booing of Manny, which was understandable.

The only thing that was bad was that I had to leave right after the Sox tied the game to make my train back to NYC.

Red Barchetta
09-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Absolutely. They're fighting with everything they have and are not making this easy for the rat bastards up north.

I can deal with the blown saves against the Twins as that's part of the drama of the game, however to see the Rangers miss out on the opportunity to tie the game yesterday because the runner made contact with the 3B coach is crazy. Add this play to the infield pop up "hit" the Twins had against the Rays in Tropicana to score the winning run on what should have been the final out in the inning is too much. This season is going to go down to the wire so I hope the Twins luck turns around...

Hitmen77
09-06-2010, 11:50 AM

Don't expect any help from the Royals as they visit Minnesota this week. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sox still lose ground in the standings even if they took 3 of 4 from Detroit.